• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the start of the Camino from Alicante

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2009-2022: CFx6, CP, VdlPx2, Mozarabe, more later.
I am just home from a week in Alicante (and Granada and Merida) with my girlfriend. Yesterday I found the Camino signs from Alicante centro, and I was a happy walker again, walking through Alicante and to the outskirts of the city, following the signs. Very well marked, but boy, those who walk that route will have many days of endless farmland to go through... Had to laugh a little, as all tourists and most natives probably didn't know at all what the arrows and markers meant...

Anyway, 19 days to my venture on the Frances begins...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not only endless farmland, but endless asphalt as well. The first four days are nothing but asphalt. Nice ag lands, lots of fruit trees, rice, etc, but it is surely hard on the feet!

Buen camino to you, Alex, back on the Francés. It´s always fun to hear how the "repeat offenders" on the Francés find things -- looks like you first walked it five years ago. Looking forward to hearing your impressions. Buen camino Laurie

Hallo Alex! Buen Camino. Remember two norwegians in the rain on VdlP two years ago? Nice that you found the arrows out of Alicante. It is the Caminos Sureste and Lana. You find them here on the forum with those names. I walked out there last October, and it was nice. I had to look over my pictures to be sure, because I do not remember four days of asphalt, Laurie. My pictures also told me it was not. Are you sure you are not talking about Levante out of Valencia???

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hallo Alex! Buen Camino. Remember two norwegians in the rain on VdlP two years ago? Nice that you found the arrows out of Alicante. It is the Caminos Sureste and Lana. You find them here on the forum with those names. I walked out there last October, and it was nice. I had to look over my pictures to be sure, because I do not remember four days of asphalt, Laurie. My pictures also told me it was not. Are you sure you are not talking about Levante out of Valencia???

:oops: OOPS. You are completely right. How can I not distinguish Valencia from Alicante? So sorry, and thanks for correcting this obvious mistake.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back