• Some parts of the forum are not loading as they should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Walking Through Snow Drifts in Foncebadon

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
To me, that walk to Molinaseca is challenging in good weather!
On slippery ice and snow it could be deadly.
I wish them safety.

A friend in Santiago told me on Thursday that the snow was 1m deep in O Cebreiro. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A meter? Maybe, but it looks like less. The hill up to O Cebreiro could be a lot worse.

Attachments

• o ceb 1.25.jpg
    o ceb 1.25.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,262
A day later:

If you don't have the weather you want, wait a day!!

Attachments

• o ceb 1.26.jpg
    o ceb 1.26.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,058
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It's baaaack! With a little rain, too, it looks like.

Attachments

• o ceb 2.2.jpg
    o ceb 2.2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 734
A couple of weeks ago I traded boots with a peregrina whose new ones had sprung a bad leak. She took my rather well-worn TImberlands off toward O Cebreiro and points west, where the snow and rain was coming down good and steady.

She and her husband (and the boots, whom she named "Beckies") made it today to Santiago de Compostela, none the worse for all that wear! It is wild out there, but not insurmountable. Ultreia!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 648
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Here you are Reb. Sending PM also

Attachments

• reb's boots.jpg
    reb's boots.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 556
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wow!!! My favourite day on the whole hike was crossing through the snow in the pyrenees, perhaps I need to do the hike in winter also. What a challenge that would be! I imagine it would be a lot slower going..

Back