• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

walking time

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
That should be no problem.
Buen Camino,

A suggested itinerary:

Roncesvalles - Zubiri 21.8 km
Zubiri - Pamplona 20.5 km
Pamplona - Puente la Reina 23.4 km
Puente la Reina - Estella 22.1 km
Estella - Los Arcos 21 km
Los Arcos - Viana 18 km
Viana - Navarrete 22.1 km
Navarrete - Azofra 22 km
Azofra - Grañón 22.8 km
Grañón - Tosantos 20.3 km
Tosantos - Atapuerca 25.2 km
Atapuerca - Burgos 19.5 km

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
thats sounds greats iv got my way of saint james guidebook so looking it up now ..iwill have to get my boots broke in tho ..but i bought a fedora hat but thankfully i dont have to break that in HMMM.
oh well thanks for the travel advise . that was good of you

{ A.M.D.G}
STEVEN.

10 or 11 days even might do, I did

Roncesvalles
Zubiri
Pamplona
Puente La Reina
Estella
Torres del Río
Navarrete
Azofra
Redecilla
Villafranca Montes de Oca
Atapuerca
Burgos

exactly one year ago

Now, if I had a chance, I would probably take even longer than 12 days...

i,m fit enough but i,ve never walked so far before,so dont know how my feet will last with blisters , and all the advice seems to say dont push oneself to hard or you will miss the meaning of the camino?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think it's helpful if one knows how fast one walks- it allows for constant refiguring of time of arrival, the day's overall walking time, time to lunch spot, etc.

For example, I know I walk on flat ground at roughly 3 m.p.h. (miles per hour, sorry metric types) at a saunter and 4 m.p.h. if I'm late for dinner. Knowing that info about yourself, you can make the big plans for the Camino, like you are doing now, but then also constantly adjust for the vicissitudes (terrain, weather, side trips, health, etc) you will inevitably encounter on the walk itself.

Go outside and walk for an hour with the full pack and see how far you get or walk a pre-measured distance and see how long it takes- then do the math for mph or kph. I think it would be good basic info to have.

PS: A.M.D.G.: I saw that a LOT on my high school test papers...

A.M.D.G.. i used to go to a church run by jesuits . and its there motto .ad marjorem de gloriam .my latin spellings wrong ! but there again my english is rotten too .it means for the glory of god...i kinda like that ...makes me think about the camino .. but when my feet are sore will i be saying that or cursing !!!

"To the greater glory of God". I teach in a Jesuit High School! It is what we strive for in all things.
Buen Camino,

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
stevie. said:
thanks, everyone on the site is very helpful.which is very encouraging it spurns you on...
Stevie: we hope you feel spurred, not spurned.....

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back