• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking with a family.

catherinedooley

Time of past OR future Camino
"2013"
Hi All,
I’m Catherine from Australia,
We have walked the camino Frances twice as a family of six. The first time the youngest was 7and the eldest child 15. Then again five years later. Our plan is for a family camino every five years, or how it fits in around people. I may have some advice for others travelling with a youngish family. All the best, Catherine

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Welcome! My kids are grown now (26, 23, and 18) - I wish I had known about the Camino when they were younger. I would have loved to do it with while they were growing up. Who knows - maybe I will get a chance to do it with grandkids (don't have any YET). So nice of you to make yourself available to young families who need some support/guidance.

Hi All,
We have walked the camino Frances twice as a family of six. The first time the youngest was 7and the eldest child 15. Then again five years later. Our plan is for a family camino every five years, or how it fits in around people. I may have some advice for others travelling with a youngish family. All the best, Catherine
Hi Catherine
I am also from Australia. I hope to walk the FC in 2024 with my twelve-year-old grandson. Any advice gratefully received. Perhaps phone or zoom?

With thanks

Frank

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi All,
Hi Catherine,
We are also from Australia and last September walked over the Swiss Alps and in Tuscany as part of the Via Francigena. Our kids were 12, 8 and 6 (youngest has ADHD and ASD level 3, but we didn't know at the time!). There were quite a few challenges....mostly being the lack of food and the lack of friendly pilgrims.

I should have chosen the CF, and so we are going to road test a week (from SJPdp to Pamplona) next year, but you've inspired me. Would love some advice because I really want to do the whole CF with our family in maybe 2025.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back