• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking with human

MilosWay

Time of past OR future Camino
Many
Hello everybody! First, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Milo and I'm a proud Perrogrino. This is me:
IMG_20180312_191842.jpg
I already walked a few Caminos and for my next one, I'm thinking of taking my human with me.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any information about walking the way with a human (only threads about walking with a dog, but I obviously don't need these) and because of that, I have a few questions. :)

First, how many kilometers can I walk with a human? I usually walk much faster and I'm in better shape than he is, but do you think he can walk 20-25 kilometers a day?
Of course I will do some training with him before, but I'm just not sure, that he can do this. He is really lazy sometimes.:rolleyes:

Second, can I use all hotels/albergues with him? On my Caminos, I stayed only in dog friendly accommodations (only a stupid dog would stay in dog unfriendly places :cool:), but I never saw any signs like human friendly or something similar.

Third, do I have to buy special shoes for him? I know humans have weak feet and need shoes for walking. Of course he has some, but on my other Caminos I saw many humans with foot problems. They even had to repair their feet right on the way sometimes and I'd like to avoid this for my human.

Fourth, will I get good food for him on the way? My human likes all kinds of meat and this strange beverage called beer.
Without meat and beer he gets sad and grumpy and of course I'd like to avoid this too.

And my last question, had anybody ever any problems with local humans?
Especially male humans can be territorial sometimes and mine is a male too.
He is also is a very good looking human (you know what they say, human like owner :oops:) and sometimes other males just don't like him. But usually he is well behaved and can handle this and if not, I will always protect him.

I think this was all for now. If somebody have any further tips for walking with a human, I would be happy to hear them.
And if anybody needs information about walking the way with a dog, I'm your man.
Or dog, to be precise.;)

PS My apologies for my poor grammar. I'm German and also I'm just a dog after all. :)

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Milo-- Welcome to the forum! I am a human but walked with a dog named Kunga, who is also German; she lives in Gauangeloch, near Heidelberg. I walked part of the way in France with her, near Le Puy. She got very wet in the rain, but so did we humans!

Where have your other caminos been?

To answer some of your questions: Many humans can walk 20-25 km per day, but sometimes they get tired or hurt their feet and will have to stop early or even take a few days to rest and heal.

There is meat and very good cheese available on the Camino. There is also beer, but your human may have to make do with drinking wine. Wine is much less expensive so this may help your budget.

I walked with another woman, but also had a male with us. There were no territorial issues, but he is well behaved. (On one morning he went out to the bakery and brought us back croissants for breakfast!)

Buen Camino!

Kate

Dear Milo,
Welcome!
Walking with a human is super complicated and it may really crimp your style.
You want to run, they have to walk.
You enjoy the countryside to the fullest but they seem to like cities. And sitting around drinking that beer stuff.
And many humans for some reason don't like dogs around, so they may give your human a bad time.
Yeah. I don't get it either.
But if you know what you're in for, go for it!

What Kate said is very true about distance and food.
Also~
  • Make sure your human has good shoes that are comfortable for him that he has tried out beforehand. Many humans wear heavy boots but this isn't necessary. Trail runners are light and all most people need.
  • In Spain, there are fewer places that you'll be able to stay with him, but there are some. He may need to bring a lightweight tent. Private albergues with gardens are the places more welcoming of humans with dogs.
  • The main tip for everyone whether walking with a human or not is to be nice to each other.
Buen camino perrogrino!
PS Do be careful of the dogs in Galicia. They are working stiffs, and sometimes grumpy because of that. They will resent your freedom to walk wherever you want with your human....
:cool::cool:;)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Dear @MilosWay - I am sorry to say that you may have trouble finding somewhere for your human to sleep. Unless he is prepared to stay outside with you, sharing a tent. You will not find many albergues that will allow your human to accompany you inside. The same for restaurants. Of course, as you know, it is easier in France, where humans accompanying their dogs are more readily accepted. In Spain you may also have trouble getting your human back home, if you are planning to travel with him or her on a bus or a train.

We all love to hear about past caminos. Especially those of us who may wish to follow your lead. Please tell us yours.

Hello everybody! First, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Milo and I'm a proud Perrogrino. This is me:
View attachment 40433
I already walked a few Caminos and for my next one, I'm thinking of taking my human with me.
Unfortunately I couldn't find any information about walking the way with a human (only threads about walking with a dog, but I obviously don't need these) and because of that, I have a few questions. :)

First, how many kilometers can I walk with a human? I usually walk much faster and I'm in better shape than he is, but do you think he can walk 20-25 kilometers a day?
Of course I will do some training with him before, but I'm just not sure, that he can do this. He is really lazy sometimes.:rolleyes:

Second, can I use all hotels/albergues with him? On my Caminos, I stayed only in dog friendly accommodations (only a stupid dog would stay in dog unfriendly places :cool:), but I never saw any signs like human friendly or something similar.

Third, do I have to buy special shoes for him? I know humans have weak feet and need shoes for walking. Of course he has some, but on my other Caminos I saw many humans with foot problems. They even had to repair their feet right on the way sometimes and I'd like to avoid this for my human.

Fourth, will I get good food for him on the way? My human likes all kinds of meat and this strange beverage called beer.
Without meat and beer he gets sad and grumpy and of course I'd like to avoid this too.

He is also is a very good looking human (you know what they say, human like owner :oops:) and sometimes other males just don't like him. But usually he is well behaved and can handle this and if not, I will always protect him.

I think this was all for now. If somebody have any further tips for walking with a human, I would be happy to hear them.
And if anybody needs information about walking the way with a dog, I'm your man.
Or dog, to be precise.;)

PS My apologies for my poor grammar. I'm German and also I'm just a dog after all. :)

Welcome to the Forum, Milo. I wonder if you have your credencial? It is really important. Neo, who walked with Mari Carmen, is making history in a few hours. He is going to collect the first Canine Compostela. Look out for him on the news and be ready for an increase of perrogrinos. Buen camino, amigo.
.D93CFA67-112B-4EA5-8F0D-BDB6C1DB807C.jpeg

Greetings Milo! Your English is superb for a German dog - I wonder where you learnt it.
I think all your questions have been answered, albeit by humans who, as you know, are often wrong about everything: but probably not on this occasion.
I am rather surprised that your 'owner' didn't provide you with a 55 litre back-pack - or at least a trailer to pull all his belongings - which might prevent him from becoming dog tired. You're a lucky dog. Are you a member of the Forum? I think Ivar has special rates for perrogrinos.
You'll find many shepherds up in the hills - though probably not German Shepherds. I've come across several hard working dogs on the camino ....
P1090252.JPG

I wish you both all the best, and, as perrogrinos say .....
Bone camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Greetings Milo! Your English is superb for a German dog - I wonder where you learnt it.
I think all your questions have been answered, albeit by humans who, as you know, are often wrong about everything: but probably not on this occasion.
I am rather surprised that your 'owner' didn't provide you with a 55 litre back-pack - or at least a trailer to pull all his belongings - which might prevent him from becoming dog tired. You're a lucky dog. Are you a member of the Forum? I think Ivar has special rates for perrogrinos.
You'll find many shepherds up in the hills - though probably not German Shepherds. I've come across several hard working dogs on the camino ....
View attachment 40439

I wish you both all the best, and, as perrogrinos say .....
Bone camino!
What did you have for breakfast, Stephen?! A witty response to a witty op.

I liked this op, as well as the subsequent comments. The op premise is brilliant and well done. Good on you Milo!

On a serious note, Milo is among the few breeds of dog that could well handle a Camino. His lineage and breed are known for endurance and long distance trekking in all conditions. His legs are relatively long and he is able to carry some of his own gear.

The takeaway is that if a dog is to do the camino, he/she ought to be of a breed suited to it. Nothing smaller is appropriate IMHO. That said, there are many practical consideration, as portrayed above that argue against taking a dog on Camino...enough on that.

This thread made my day!

Hope this helps.

I liked this op, as well as the subsequent comments. The op premise is brilliant and well done. Good on you Milo!

On a serious note, Milo is among the few breeds of dog that could well handle a Camino. His lineage and breed are known for endurance and long distance trekking in all conditions. His legs are relatively long and he is able to carry some of his own gear.

The takeaway is that if a dog is to do the camino, he/she ought to be of a breed suited to it. Nothing smaller is appropriate IMHO. That said, there are many practical consideration, as portrayed above that argue against taking a dog on Camino...enough on that.

This thread made my day!

Hope this helps.
And a pity you are not on duty to issue the Compostela!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Milo,

Consider the possibility of having your soft-footed human bring along a happy donkey. The donkey could carry your stuff, your humans's stuff, and it could be a friend to relax with while your human is otherwise engaged in human stuff.

Donkeys are known for solving more problems than they create and you would be wise to find a smart one to bring along.

Starting to sound like the Bremen town musicians, which I guess is appropriate for a German dog.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
sandy-dirty-joke-png.40491

Hi Milo,

My name is Lucky and the one whispering dirty jokes in my ear is my twin sister Sandy. Oh! How she does make me giggle. She's my best friend apart from my owner of course (I had to say that because she feeds me).

We are hoping to persuade said owner to do the last 100k on one of the Camino trails - this will be her first proper long walk - so as you are an expert, which trail would you say is the best (for best read least hilly) for active dogs with unfit owners?

Our owner has told us that she won't do more than a max of 10 miles a day, she says she would prefer to do just 10k a day but we hope she'll change her mind because what would we do with the rest of our days? We aim to train her up over the summer. Currently we can easily run around for between 25 and 50k a day but she can't even keep up with us when she is going downhill on a bicycle. Fortunately, we are hardly ever on the lead in this country (England) because if we were we wouldn't get any proper exercise but I guess we'll have to be on the lead in Spain because of the local dogs. That's another good reason why we need to get our owner in shape so we can get slightly longer walks.

We'll go mid to late September so hopefully it won't be too hot for her. She's blonde so she burns easily; sadly for her she hasn't got our advantage of all over body hair so she has to stay out of the midday sun.

We are also trying to persuade her to invest in a walking-hiking trailer like this one:
[
]
so none of us have to carry a heavy load. That way we would also be able to bring a tent so we would have somewhere to stay if the locals should fail to love out super cute faces and winning doginalities (impossible I hear you say - we completely agree but better safe than sorry). Did you use a trailer? If so, did you have one that would double to carry you if you were to ever get injured?

Also would you please give us details of the dog friendly accommodations you stayed in? Our human is getting on a bit so would probably prefer a proper bed.

Many thanks for any advice you can give us Milo and buen Camino for any future walks you drag your human on.

Sandy and Lucky xx

Attachments

• Sandy dirty joke.png
    Sandy dirty joke.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 614
A Dixon Rollerpack will sort your human out (http://dixonrollerpack.com/) and allow it to carry tent, dog food, comfy bed etc... I carried my own rucksack - with my food and some water, but i made my human carry a gallon of water so that i never went without.... She moaned a bit going over the Esterel on the Via Aurelia, but i thought it was character-forming...
She prefers travelling by bicycle - so her husband has to tow me when i need a rest - at 5 stone - it slows him down a lot!
Sadly I am now in dog Valhalla (waiting for them to catch up...) so they are a bit in limbo - poor sods don't know which way to go, or where the best snacks are...

Attachments

• Image015.jpg
    Image015.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 39
A Dixon Rollerpack will sort your human out (http://dixonrollerpack.com/) and allow it to carry tent, dog food, comfy bed etc... I carried my own rucksack - with my food and some water, but i made my human carry a gallon of water so that i never went without.... She moaned a bit going over the Esterel on the Via Aurelia, but i thought it was character-forming...
She prefers travelling by bicycle - so her husband has to tow me when i need a rest - at 5 stone - it slows him down a lot!
Sadly I am now in dog Valhalla (waiting for them to catch up...) so they are a bit in limbo - poor sods don't know which way to go, or where the best snacks are...

You didn't say what your name was but I'm so glad you picked Valhalla and not heaven, there is much more sport and fun to be had in Valhalla. Those Norse Gods sure know how to party. Hope you live it up while you wait for your humans. Have fun and thanks for the advice.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Many thanks to all of you! For the great tips and all the kind words.
I'm sure now, that I should start this big adventure and I will walk my next Camino together with my human. I think it will be great! :)

@kelleymac
I never walked a french Camino, but the Arles route is on my list.
Giving Alex (that's the name of my human) wine is a good idea. He likes wine too.
But I must be careful then. With to much wine, he gets even lazier than he usually is.o_O

@VNwalking
On my Caminos I never had big problems with humans. They all loved me! Pilgrims and locals. I think one reason is my backpack. With a backpack I'm a Perrogrino, but without I'm just a dog walking around.
It really makes a huge difference.
Also I'm really adorable and the greatest dog ever! :cool:
You are right about the tent. It is necessary for most of the Caminos and I walked all my ways with a tent. I also have a special sleeping bag for dogs and even if it is a bit cold or rainy, I always have it warm and comfy.
I never had serious problems with spanish dogs. Most of them are really pitiable guys which are afraid of their own shadow.
And till now I had only one real fight with another dog in spain. And that was with another Perrogrino. It was a dutch dog on the Camino Frances and we really didn't like each other.

@Kanga
With a bit experience and good planing almost everything is possible.
In bigger citys it is usually not a problem to find a dog friendly hostal (booking.com or just google) also airbnb is a possibility.
On the less frequented Caminos I often just asked in the typical bar/restaurante/hostal for a room and mostly I could stay there.
A dog as guest is better than no guest. This might be more complicated for bigger dogs.
I'm always walking in spring/summer and because of that bars or restaurants are also no problem. There are always places where I can eat/drink outside and have a good time.
Transportation really can be a problem for dogs in spain. Especially for big dogs.
I'm lucky, because I'm just small enough, that I comfortable fit in a transportation box that is allowed on the renfe trains.
Also I currently live near Malaga, so my way back to home is not to long.

Ok, I'm getting tired. Typing on a keyboard with my paws is really exhausting. My feet are made for walking, not typing. ;)

The other replies, I will answer the next time.

But as the last thing for today, here the list of my Caminos:

Via de la Plata Sevilla-Astorga and Frances to Santiago, Mozarabe Malaga-VdlP-Sanabres, Mozarabe Almeria-Merida, Camino del Estrecho-Via Augusta, Camino de Levante, Camino del Norte Donostia-Santiago, Camino Vasco Interieur Burgos-Donostia, 2x Camino San Salvador, Camino Primitivo, Camino do Mar, Camino Inglés, Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia-Santiago and another year the same but first to Muxia, Camino Lebaniego and Vadiniense, 2x Camino Invierno first time Santiago-Ponferrada and last year Ponferrada-Santiago.
I also walked parts of the Frances, the Norte and the VdlP backwards. For example I arrived in Santiago, walked back to Leon then up the San Salvador, back on the Norte to San Vicente, down the L/V and again to Santiago.
As I said, I'm a proud Perrogrino. :)

Hi Milo,

Tread carefully in this area. Make sure you both understand each others motivations and needs.

You might do some training walks to see if your walking speeds and styles are compatible.

Make sure that you understand each others expectations in terms of accommodations, budget, etc.

Establish boundaries in advance. Agree that sometimes you might agree to walk separately and meet up at a later point. Agree in advance what you will do in the event of injury or if your expectations are not being met.

If the human is expecting you to pay for his travel expenses, tell him it would probably be better if he did it in the future when he was more self sufficient.

¡Buen Camino!

What HAVE you people been smoking?

PEOPLE? Are you unable tell the difference between a human and a K9? ;) Our human goes to Vision Express when she can't see, maybe if you can no longer tell the difference between four legged and two legged friends you might try that kind of place for help; just a thought.

Just for the record my sister and I don't smoke anything. We strictly stick to food and water.
Buen Perrocamino from Sandy and Lucky.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
PEOPLE? Are you unable tell the difference between a human and a K9? ;) Our human goes to Vision Express when she can't see, maybe if you can no longer tell the difference between four legged and two legged friends you might try that kind of place for help; just a thought.

Just for the record my sister and I don't smoke anything. We strictly stick to food and water.
Buen Perrocamino from Sandy and Lucky.

Like I said, what HAVE you been smoking?

1521912094406.png

I once worked with a Korean engineer who could not begin to understand the way westerners anthropomorphised animals especially cats and dogs. When asked what kind of dogs they have in Korea he replied "two types: working dog and food dog . . ."

You didn't say what your name was but I'm so glad you picked Valhalla and not heaven, there is much more sport and fun to be had in Valhalla. Those Norse Gods sure know how to party. Hope you live it up while you wait for your humans. Have fun and thanks for the advice.
Ah, thank you. My puppy name was Wistman - after the ancient oak woodland on Dartmoor near where I was born, thankfully my humans decided that 'Wisty' was not 'dog' enough and called me Oaky. As those Norse folk are rather keen on their tree lore and runes I thought Valhalla a better bet!
(my blog/book can be found on arcadiaramblings.wordpress.com or the resources section of this lovely site!)

Attachments

• PICT0093.JPG
    PICT0093.JPG
    547.5 KB · Views: 9
View attachment 40433

Or dog, to be precise.;)

Puny humans.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@kirkie
I walked so many Caminos, but I still don't have a Compostela. I started collecting stamps a few times, but then I quickly lost interest.
But this Canine Credencial looks great.
This is a official Credencial now? Do you maybe know where I can get one?
Would be great for my next Camino. One Credencial for my human and one for me.

@Stephen Nicholls
I learned english in dog school! Or more like a dog college. I even have a picture from my graduation. Me wearing a talar and throwing my hat in the air. Of course I then had to catch and throw it again. And again and again and again... It was a long night.
Bone Camino... I really like this one. :)

@t2andreo
You are absolutely right! I'm a terrier mix and a real energy pack. There even is the rumour, that my great-great-grandfather was one of the famous Duracell bunnies (look at my ears :D)!
I just love all kinds of walking (except nordic walking, I tried it, but it's just not my thing).
I love hiking, running, chasing (chasing rabbits is my favourite thing!) and because of that, I love the Caminos. There are so many things to see, to smell, to chase and to discover. I love it! :)

@wisepilgrim
I don't need a donkey! I have Alex for this! He is my mule and has to carry all the heavy stuff. Because I'm just a smart dog. :cool:
And I'm almost sure, that walking with a human and a donkey would make the search for hotel rooms a bit more complicated.:)

Milo, sorry I only read your post now. I attach a photo that gives the website for an article with details. If I remember where I found the photo I posted earlier I will let you know. How smart are you on the keyboard? Just ask your human if you don’t want to risk damaging your paw pads. I might post another photo, it shows Neo, if my reading is correct. I don’t speak that language, but it is fairly easy if you have any Spanish.5B4CA7EF-A0CF-45D6-A362-7743EADD80C9.pngB5753ED8-F0F5-4F8B-AC06-CC567A9FFC71.png

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Milo,

Consider the possibility of having your soft-footed human bring along a happy donkey. The donkey could carry your stuff, your humans's stuff, and it could be a friend to relax with while your human is otherwise engaged in human stuff.

Donkeys are known for solving more problems than they create and you would be wise to find a smart one to bring along.

From plenty of continuing experience a donkey is the pilgrims best friend

Milo, I think your human will be fine if you start him with shorter distances. One thing, he will most likely want some sort of walking stick - don't give him one! You know what humans are like, especially male ones, he will keep throwing it away and you will be forever taking it back to him.

And by the way - I think yours is the absolutely best post ever!!

Hi Milo - what an adorable thread this is!

I hope that you meet many other perrogrinos along The Way, including, perhaps, the two perrogrinos featured in this video. You'll have such a fun dinner with them!

(Thanks to David for posting this video on the Forum a few years ago ... it was hilarious and still makes me laugh!)

Bone Camino Milo - may you and your human take joy in every step and may every day on those ancient and magical paths be brilliant -

Cheers from Oz - Jenny

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Milo, sorry I only read your post now. I attach a photo that gives the website for an article with details. If I remember where I found the photo I posted earlier I will let you know. How smart are you on the keyboard? Just ask your human if you don’t want to risk damaging your paw pads. I might post another photo, it shows Neo, if my reading is correct. I don’t speak that language, but it is fairly easy if you have any Spanish.View attachment 40596View attachment 40597

Hi, sorry for the very late reply. I was a bit busy lately. Doing dog stuff. ;)
Thank you very much for the information. I looked into it and it is not a official credencial. It is from from this organisation Asociación Protectora Animais do Camiño, but still a nice thing and absolutely worth supporting it.

I'm very smart on any keybord! Just look at me! :cool:
But I think, I will give this writing job to Alex soon, because I have to plan our next Camino.

sandy-dirty-joke-png.40491

Hi Milo,

My name is Lucky and the one whispering dirty jokes in my ear is my twin sister Sandy. Oh! How she does make me giggle. She's my best friend apart from my owner of course (I had to say that because she feeds me).

We are hoping to persuade said owner to do the last 100k on one of the Camino trails - this will be her first proper long walk - so as you are an expert, which trail would you say is the best (for best read least hilly) for active dogs with unfit owners?

Our owner has told us that she won't do more than a max of 10 miles a day, she says she would prefer to do just 10k a day but we hope she'll change her mind because what would we do with the rest of our days? We aim to train her up over the summer. Currently we can easily run around for between 25 and 50k a day but she can't even keep up with us when she is going downhill on a bicycle. Fortunately, we are hardly ever on the lead in this country (England) because if we were we wouldn't get any proper exercise but I guess we'll have to be on the lead in Spain because of the local dogs. That's another good reason why we need to get our owner in shape so we can get slightly longer walks.

We'll go mid to late September so hopefully it won't be too hot for her. She's blonde so she burns easily; sadly for her she hasn't got our advantage of all over body hair so she has to stay out of the midday sun.

We are also trying to persuade her to invest in a walking-hiking trailer like this one:
[
]
so none of us have to carry a heavy load. That way we would also be able to bring a tent so we would have somewhere to stay if the locals should fail to love out super cute faces and winning doginalities (impossible I hear you say - we completely agree but better safe than sorry). Did you use a trailer? If so, did you have one that would double to carry you if you were to ever get injured?

Also would you please give us details of the dog friendly accommodations you stayed in? Our human is getting on a bit so would probably prefer a proper bed.

Many thanks for any advice you can give us Milo and buen Camino for any future walks you drag your human on.

Sandy and Lucky xx

Hello Lucky!

Sorry to you too for the late reply. The problem was, that Alex was at the Computer for some time and he didn't show me your picture. If I had known what a beauty you are, I would have written much earlier! :oops:

For the first Camino, I would always suggest the Frances. It is just the easiest way and it has the best infrastructure. For dogs and humans. It is also the easiest way for planing up front. You can look at booking.com for accommodation.
Use the filter for pets (this means humans in dog language) accepted and you will find plenty possibilities. Not everywhere, but with a bit of planing it is no big thing.
You also can use this list:
http://www.caminoconmiperro.com/camino_de_santiago_frances/albergues_hoteles_alojamientos.html
It is a great list and I used it too. But it is a bit outdated and especially at the end of the Camino there are much more places where you could stay.
This is a bit more complicated in summer and on weekends, because at this time, many humans walk this way (don't know what their owners do then, probably they are on a beach somewhere...) and in the bigger citys are also many tourists, so you should check this in advance.
For the last hundred kilometers a tent is not necessary in my opinion. Depends on your budget and/or what you like. But go for it! Give your human a soft kick and do it!
Maybe will even see us on your Camino.
And you know, what happens on the Camino, stays on the Camino. :oops:
Buen Camino. ;)

Last edited:

I love the way you did the Camino! This was a dog pilgrimage 2.0. :)
But I'm not sure if this will work with Alex. He is not much of a biker. Maybe it is possible if I use the old donkey trick with a carrot on a rod, but with a beer instead. This could work! :D
Greetings to you in Valhalla. I'm sure it is great there. For dogs, for humans, for everyone. I really think so.

Last edited:
Milo, I think your human will be fine if you start him with shorter distances. One thing, he will most likely want some sort of walking stick - don't give him one! You know what humans are like, especially male ones, he will keep throwing it away and you will be forever taking it back to him.

And by the way - I think yours is the absolutely best post ever!!

You are right! I tried this before. We were hiking and I brought him a good stick, but he just throw it away. And then again with an even better stick! And again and again! This was really annoying! Silly humans...:rolleyes:

I just now decided to finally take a gander at this thread and all I can say is that it is... HILARIOUS! A special thanks to @MilosWay for starting it and to all the clever responses from everyone who commented! It made my day! By the way, Milo, does your human happen to wear RED socks?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I just now decided to finally take a gander at this thread and all I can say is that it is... HILARIOUS! A special thanks to @MilosWay for starting it and to all the clever responses from everyone who commented! It made my day! By the way, Milo, does your human happen to wear RED socks?
Camino Chris, I think you owe it to Milo to give a clue as to why you are introducing the topic of red socks...I mean, he might think your reference to red socks is a RED HERRING....
Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 13.48.50.png

Camino Chris, I think you owe it to Milo to give a clue as to why you are introducing the topic of red socks...I mean, he might think your reference to red socks is a RED HERRING....
View attachment 41164
Oh, Kirkie, you are sooo funny! If I explained to him about the RED socks it would take too much time, but if that dog wants to take a look at the "NOT a serious thread" thread and scroll through hundreds of comments, he'd probably catch the drift of it and laugh ...excuse me, I mean bark, his head off!
In the mean time, I'm just happy that someone in our little club caught my pun. ;)

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.