• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wall map of Camino Frances

Trish Clark

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2011) Camino Frances (2010)
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a large wall map of the route of the Camino Frances with the towns and villages along the way, clearly marked. I would like to give one to a friend to hang in her study to help keep her motivated. Having been on the trail twice I would like one for myself as well. :?:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Re: WALL MAP. CAMINO FRANCES

I'd like to find one as well! As I hiked I saw in a few of the albergues a rather cool looking one that was in 3d. I havent had much luck finding one yet :(

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

FrancesK said:
I'd like to find one as well! As I hiked I saw in a few of the albergues a rather cool looking one that was in 3d. I havent had much luck finding one yet :(
The 3d maps can be purchased in Santiago. There are a couple of book shops in Rua do Vilar (same street as Pilgrim Office) which stock them. They are not the easiest thing to travel home with though as they cannot be folded and could get damaged in checked luggage.

I bought one at a small gift shop off to the side of the main entrance to the cathedral in Santiago. It included a cardboard tube to keep it from being damaged. I was able to put my certificates inside as well. You get another at Finisterre and at Muxia. Worth it just for the tube.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I bought both a small and a large relief map in the bookstore across from the tourist office in Santiago. The large map was bulky, but flat, carry-on. The small map fit in my pack. Both are made of plastic, so they resist rolling or folding. They frame up nicely with a custom frame, but you cannot put glass/plastic in front because they are relief maps (unless you buy a shadow box frame). They do collect a bit of dust as a result.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The pilgrim office in Roncesvalles had a huge map of the Camino frances on their wall. It must be 3m long and it shows forrests and mountains and the road with graphic monuments at towns along the way. I found a smaller version - over 1m long called Caminos de Santiago. It is by Sua Ediziones and you will find it here:

http://www.sua-ediciones.com/artikulua. ... izkuntza=1

Attachments

• Caminos%20de%20Santiago%20map.jpg
    Caminos%20de%20Santiago%20map.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 2,153
That looks a lot like my relief map, which is 32" long, but mine has the path of the Camino Frances, Camino Aragones, Camino del Norte, and the Camino Primitivo on it. The copyright designation is now covered by the frame, so is not readily available.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I just received a brilliant wall map of Northern Spain and the route of the Camino marked clearly betwee St-John and SdC. I can thoroughly recommend - great detail and only a few dollars (plus postage). Find at http://www.pilgrimsupplies.org

Happy walking, planning or dreaming!!!

I just received a brilliant wall map of Northern Spain and the route of the Camino marked clearly betwee St-John and SdC. I can thoroughly recommend - great detail and only a few dollars (plus postage). Find at http://www.pilgrimsupplies.org

Happy walking, planning or dreaming!!!
Hi Trish, I was unable to find the map on this site. Is it in the Confraternity of St James website? I want to frame the map and put it on my office wall.
I appreciate your assistance

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Trish, I was unable to find the map on this site. Is it in the Confraternity of St James website? I want to frame the map and put it on my office wall.

Hi - apologies but I had run out of stock. They are back in stock now (though I am away until next week). I don't usually mention my website with the link to my Ebay shop but this is a response to your having been disappointed. All profits from the shop go towards funding my 'Pilgrim Friars' first aid and pastoral care mission on the Camino Frances, as well as regular monthly donations to Mary's Meals (supporting 24 children each day, every day) - http://www.marysmeals.org.uk/ - a stunningly worthwhile charity.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello, and apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I suggest you contact David, who runs Pilgrim Supplies on sales@pilgrimsupplies.org He will know the map I am referring to. He is very helpful. It really is a very good map and a friend of mine has it up on the wall of her study to inspire her. I am sure it will do the same thing for you. Good Luck!!

The 3d maps can be purchased in Santiago. There are a couple of book shops in Rua do Vilar (same street as Pilgrim Office) which stock them. They are not the easiest thing to travel home with though as they cannot be folded and could get damaged in checked luggage.
showing people that 3D map (which I bought in Santiago - but was available from SJPP onwards), was the easiest way to make the walk 'plainly visible' to them. Especially that first great 'hump' you walk over on the border of France and Spain! Words couldn't express the journey as much as running your fingers over the ridges, and then that vast flatland, then (what!?) more mountains. Plus the distance was in your face - it's pretty much the entire top end of Spain: that's ONE SIDE of a country....

Hello, and apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I suggest you contact David, who runs Pilgrim Supplies on sales@pilgrimsupplies.org He will know the map I am referring to. He is very helpful. It really is a very good map and a friend of mine has it up on the wall of her study to inspire her. I am sure it will do the same thing for you. Good Luck!!

Great! Thank you!

I just sent David an email to check on getting a wall map before I leave in 19 days for St. Jean Pied de Port.

¡Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Great! Thank you!

I just sent David an email to check on getting a wall map before I leave in 19 days for St. Jean Pied de Port.

¡Buen Camino!

Hi Arkbuilder -
I have one of David's wall maps - I ordered one last year when I was asked to do a presentation on the Camino for my yoga group and it proved to be one of the most useful parts of the presentation, as I was able to "walk" the group along the Camino from St Jean all the way through to Santiago and Finisterre, using the map.
I've recently returned from the Camino where I volunteered as an hospitalera and the map has been useful when showing friends where I worked. My yoga teacher has asked me to do another presentation on the volunteership so I'll use the map again as part of my forthcoming presentation. It's a really handy item to have.
Take joy in every step on your Camino -
Cheers, Jenny

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back