• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wall map of the entire route

Nick-E

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2012 & 2013)
Camino del Norte (starting Sep 18th 2015)
Does anyone know where I could get a wall map showing the entire route from SJPdP to Santiago (and Finisterre & Muxia)?
I saw several in bars and restaurants along the way so thought they would be 10 a penny in Santiago but couldn't find one, and have had no luck on the internet either.
Many thanks
Nick

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Nick-E said:
Does anyone know where I could get a wall map showing the entire route from SJPdP to Santiago (and Finisterre & Muxia)?
I saw several in bars and restaurants along the way so thought they would be 10 a penny in Santiago but couldn't find one, and have had no luck on the internet either.
Many thanks
Nick

Nick,

You may be interested in this contemporary Michelin map published in 2010 of the entire route in Spain, Carte Le chemin de Compostelle (Espagne) - Carte ZOOM n°160. See this link for further information on the map and how to purchase it -- http://www.michelin-boutique.com/gu...mpostelle-espagne-carte-zoom-n160-p-1700.html.

I hope that you had a Buen Camino!

Margaret

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I bought the Michelen in St Jean Pied de Port - it is a daily stages map guide rather than a fold out wall map.
The best wall map I have got is the Everest Mapa turistico del Camino de Santiago.
It is a fold out map with all the roads between St jean and Fistera. The Camino Frances is highlighted in green and it has scallop shells along that road as well. You have to turn the map over as it is is in two parts - starting at Huesca and Jaca on one side to Sahagun and then the rest of the route on the other side. I have got two maps so when I have a workshop or get together I stick the two together.
Avilable at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Mapa-Turistico-De ... 8424102851

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Nick-E said:
Many thanks
Nick
Hi Nick, I had seen maybe the same maps as you did in 2005 when I walked the Camino Frances. I had searched the internet after I got home, and found a site with these maps. However, the prices were very extreme.

In 2010 when I did the Camino Norte, I was determined to find the map I wanted once I arrived in SDC. Sure enough, I passed a bookstore that display exactly what I wanted. I purchased a laminated 36"x12" physical/topographical(?) map which shows several Caminos all leading to SDC. It also shows special "landmarks" of larger cities and cathedrals. I am thinking it might have cost 10-12euro. Does this sound familiar? If so, I'm open to helping you out as I hope to arrive in SDC mid-July. I could look for one for you then.

Cheers,
Simeon

I think that they sell maps like this in the Rua do Vilar (same street as the Pilgrim's' Office). 2d and 3d. Turn left out of the office and there are a couple of shops on left hand side. I will try and check next week when I'm there.

Cheers
Mig

Simeon & Miguel

Many thanks for your replies and very kind offers to help.
I found the shop near the Pilgrims Office in SDC, but only remember seeing the 3D topographical maps that aren't really what I am looking for.
I don't remember seeing any 2D maps, but Miguel if there are, I would be interested if you are able to bring one back to the UK? I see that we both live in Hampshire so I'm sure I could arrange to collect it if you were able to get one.

Buen camino!

Nick

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back