A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Want to give back by Volunteering?? Looking for Volunteers?

Camino Badges
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014)
Frances (2017)
I’m Australian, I have done the whole Camino Frances from SJPDP TO Finisterre over two pilgrimages and another week from Pamplona to Santo Domingo a few weeks ago. I have returned to Australia with a desire to return next year and volunteer, in thanks for all the wonderful people I met and who helped me in so many ways. I’m just not sure how to go about it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. My Spanish is just enough basic enough to get me through the Camino, but I’m willing to learn.

jl

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
Trisha, I'm not sure where you live, and unfortunately I think the Hospitalero course that will be run in Oct in Adelaide is full. However there are other courses planned and if you are interested check out the website here
http://www.australianhospitaleros.org/

As well as Hospitaleros we have had a number of our members (from the Australian Friends of the Camino) who have volunteered at places like the pilgrim office and Camino Chaplaincy, so there are numerous opportunities to volunteer. Cheers, Janet

PS you may be interested in the First National Pilgrim Conference being held in Adelaide in mid October

David and Theresa

Camino(s) past & future
Frances,(Sarria to Santiago) 2016, 2017 April, SJPdP TO Logrono, Sept.-Oct. Logrono to Sarria
we would love to volunteer, where would I look to find out more info

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
At Grayland’s request, here is a direct link to the seminal post I wrote some time ago about “Volunteering in the Pilgrim Office at Santiago.” All of the information remains valid and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.

So, go here:

See you here in future. I happen to be in Santiago, working at the office for my annual one-month stint.

I reply to all questions at my first opportunity. If your question or desired answer involves personally identifying information (e-mail address, phone / text #) etc., Do please use the Private Conversation function on the forum.

Hope this helps.

jdpiguet

Camino(s) past & future
Past? Not enough.
Future? Sure!
At @grayland request too: to be hospitalero on the Voie de Vézelay, you must have visit an approved hospitalero course and have walked at least a good part of the Voie.
You can contact the association at:
There is other associations on the southern part and I will collect information and edit the post later...
Buen Camino, Jacques-D.

gerip

Camino(s) past & future
CF, Lourdes to Burgos, Oct 2018
CF, Burgos to Santiago, May 2019
Ingles, Sep - Oct 2019
At Grayland’s request, here is a direct link to the seminal post I wrote some time ago about “Volunteering in the Pilgrim Office at Santiago.” All of the information remains valid and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.

So, go here:

See you here in future. I happen to be in Santiago, working at the office for my annual one-month stint.

I reply to all questions at my first opportunity. If your question or desired answer involves personally identifying information (e-mail address, phone / text #) etc., Do please use the Private Conversation function on the forum.

Hope this helps.
The ACC also manages a number of albergues, if that's your interest. No training. Here is a link to their volunteering page on the website: http://acogidacristianaenloscaminosdesantiago.org/voluntariado/

Lirsy

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo, Norte, Francés, Volunteer Hospitalero.
There are several ways to volunteer and several organizations ... I give you the one I know, HOSVOL.

HOSVOL provides hospitaleros only to donativo albergues.

Scroll down and at the bottom of the site you will find information about courses in 11 countries. If I were you, I would contact the local organization in your country that is provided on that site.

At this moment, I see that most of the courses for this year are already complete. They are updated with the information for next year a little after Christmas (but it is better to check every two or three weeks ... they become complete very quickly!).

The countries on the list are:

Alemania

Argentina

Australia

Brasil

Canadá

España

Estados Unidos

Francia

Gran Bretaña

Holanda

Italia

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%