• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

For Sale/Wanted Wanted-Macabi Skirt

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Size? Length? Color preference? Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Wondering why these skirts are so popular for this walk??? ☺️
OK where do I start!!!! I wear my many Macabi skirts all year round and have on both of my caminos. They are lightweight, take up no room when packed, are water resistant (DWR finish and you can reapply DWR finish on older skirts), they are unisex, you can hike 'em up, make pants out of them, make (ok goofy looking but who cares when you are on the trail) short skirt out of them, dirt/mud sloughs right off as soon as it dries, you can purchase in colors that match the dirt you're walking on, worn with leggings they cut the wind and I've been comfortable on those 3°C mornings, on those 40°C afternoons they shield your legs from that hot sun, when washed and then snapped a few times to take off excess water, dry within a few hours, they have both belt loops and elastic at the waist (so if you are lucky enough to lose weight on your caminos your skirts won't fall off), the pockets are to die for! there should be a law that says clothing manufacturers must use the cavernous deep pockets that the Macabi skirts do, along with an interior zipped security pocket in one and a cell phone pocket inside the other, if you are shy about dressing in public you can put the skirt on over your shoulders and dress underneath then pull it down to normal position, you can change your undies and leggings under it with out anyone seeing, you can stop for an off trail pee stop (or off the side of the 2 lane road in Colorado where there hadn't been a rest stop in 60 miles...) and shield yourself while doing your business...Anyone else want to add to this list!!???

Edited to add -> I have a small wallet with a lanyard that is hooked to my Macabi belt and the wallet is slipped into a skirt pocket. That way it never leaves me. You can fit your iPad mini in a pocket or your guide book or both (or neither).

Last edited:
I'm also interested. If anyone is selling a short or regular (slim or original) large in any colour AND is willing to ship to/within Canada, please email me: leighmacklin@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
Leigh

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back