A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Wanted: Montbell Spiral Down Thermal Sheet (QUILT)

Magnara

Maggie Ramsay
Camino(s) past & future
Santiago de Compostela (2005) Via Francigena (2010) Le Puy to St Jean (2014)
I use a Sea to Summit down liner which weighs about 400 gm (maybe 450gm). It is perfect for me. It has a drawstring at the bottom to make it into a bag or opened out it works well as a quilt. If it is cold I layer up inside with thermals, polar fleece vest, socks. It depends how warm you sleep, but it is great for me, I sleep well and the weight is a pleasure in my pack!

owms2323

Credential question
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Frances (2014) Camino Frances (2016) Camino Finisterre/Muxia (2017)
I use a Sea to Summit down liner which weighs about 400 gm (maybe 450gm). It is perfect for me. It has a drawstring at the bottom to make it into a bag or opened out it works well as a quilt. If it is cold I layer up inside with thermals, polar fleece vest, socks. It depends how warm you sleep, but it is great for me, I sleep well and the weight is a pleasure in my pack!
Sea to Summit does not list a down liner. Do you know the name of it?

Phillypilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
C F Sept.(2013) Camino de Madrid & Finisterre/Muxia Sept. (2014)
Finisterre/Muia June (2017).
The Sea to Summit bag is called a Traveller Tr 1, looks very similar to the Montbell down sheet (which I have and LOVE)

Magnara

Maggie Ramsay
Camino(s) past & future
Santiago de Compostela (2005) Via Francigena (2010) Le Puy to St Jean (2014)
Yes, Phillypilgrim, that's the one - the Tr. I also really like that it opens out which means that for a bit of luxury I hire sheets for a couple of euros (aah, bliss) and use the blanket function. I must add, though, that you need to think how hot you sleep - when I'm sleeping comfortably with that, my husband is tucked up in a much warmer down sleeping bag.

Synergy

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - Sept/Oct 17
I have an unused Mont Bell Thermal Sheet, just in case anyone is looking for one. Imported from Switzerland. My Le Puy Camino last year was delayed so ended up buying a warmer Katabatic Quilt as I wild camped.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 180 24.5%