A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Looking for pilgrim Wanted - two Italian men who did the Camino Primitivo and the then continued to Fisterra/Muxía in June 2018

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Hi,

I am looking for two pilgrim friends whom I met on the Camino de Fisterra between June 27th and 30th 2018.
We talked to each other frequently, but did not exchange our names and or adresses.

My attempts, to trace them by writing to the albergues where we last met (Bela Muxía and the public albergue in Fisterra), failed because of their policy of privacy.

I know that there is only a little chance that they joined this forum too, but still it is worth an attempt. Perhaps some other pilgrim can help me.

I last met them at Santiago Airport on June 30th, about noon. Their flight as well as mine was supposed to leave in the late afternoon but I missed them after their check-in.

They are supposingly at about 50 years old, both grey-haired, very fast walkers, about 1,80 m tall. The one with blue eyes and a beard carried a red Deuter backpack, the other with brown eyes often wore a yellow t-shirt and bright blue bermudas . I think he had a green backpack.

They must have started from Oviedo around the 12 th of june as they told me that they had fog on their walk over the "hospitales". So I suppose they did the hospitales on 16th, one day before I did it.

They told me that they were from Piacenza, near Milano, in the north of Italy.

Unfortunately I do not even know their first names, but I would really like to meet them again.

So perhaps one of them is reading this or one of you has met them on his/her camino and can give me further information to continue my search.

Buen camino

Alexandra

Advertisment

Iosi

Camino(s) past & future
13 July (2018)
Hi,

I am looking for two pilgrim friends whom I met on the Camino de Fisterra between June 27th and 30th 2018.
We talked to each other frequently, but did not exchange our names and or adresses.

My attempts, to trace them by writing to the albergues where we last met (Bela Muxía and the public albergue in Fisterra), failed because of their policy of privacy.

I know that there is only a little chance that they joined this forum too, but still it is worth an attempt. Perhaps some other pilgrim can help me.

I last met them at Santiago Airport on June 30th, about noon. Their flight as well as mine was supposed to leave in the late afternoon but I missed them after their check-in.

They are supposingly at about 50 years old, both grey-haired, very fast walkers, about 1,80 m tall. The one with blue eyes and a beard carried a red Deuter backpack, the other with brown eyes often wore a yellow t-shirt and bright blue bermudas . I think he had a green backpack.

They must have started from Oviedo around the 12 th of june as they told me that they had fog on their walk over the "hospitales". So I suppose they did the hospitales on 16th, one day before I did it.

They told me that they were from Piacenza, near Milano, in the north of Italy.

Unfortunately I do not even know their first names, but I would really like to meet them again.

So perhaps one of them is reading this or one of you has met them on his/her camino and can give me further information to continue my search.

Buen camino

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra!

Hey did you check public posts made on Instagram during those days?
Anyways, wishing you the best and good luck on your search

Iosi

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Hi Iosi,

as I did not see them with a smartphone ( I left mine at home , too), I don´t think that they posted details about their journey on Instagram.

I connected with the last two albergues where we stayed in, but they could not help me because of their policy of privacy. So allowed the hospitaleros in Fisterra to give my adress to them if they ask for me, too.

BC
Alexandra

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
they could not help me because of their policy of privacy.
On the Forum, too, it has been suggested that pilgrims may not want to be found, so when Members help in locating someone, keep that concept in mind.:)

When you know who it might be, contact them to let them know that someone is looking. They then can make themselves known, either through the Forum or through private communication. Social media has become so pervasive that it is easy to forget that not everyone wants to be on it or share as copiously as some do.;)

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 102 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 165 25.4%