• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Update: Still looking for two Italian pilgrims I met on the camino to Fisterra/Muxía at the End of June 2018

Via2010

Time of past OR future Camino
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Hi,

I am looking for two pilgrim friends whom I met on the Camino de Fisterra between June 27th and 30th 2018.
We talked to each other frequently, but did not exchange our names and or adresses.

My attempts, to trace them by writing to the albergues where we last met (Bela Muxía and the public albergue in Fisterra), failed because of their policy of privacy.

I know that there is only a little chance that they joined this forum too, but still it is worth an attempt. Perhaps some other pilgrim can help me.

I last met them at Santiago Airport on June 30th, about noon. Their flight as well as mine was supposed to leave in the late afternoon but I missed them after their check-in.

I suppose that they are at about 50 years old. Both were grey-haired, very fast walkers, about 1,80 m tall. One - quite unusual for an Italian, had blue eyes and a (short) beard. The other had colourful clothes (bright yellow t-Shirt, blue bermudas, orange shoes ....) like I prefer on my caminos, too.

They told me that they were from Piacenza respectively Cremona, near Milano, in the north of Italy.

I really regret that I did not spend more time with them on the camino. When we were walking back together from the church in Muxía, where we attended the evening mass, I realized that we were walking at the same pace and thought that they would have been nice companions. I would really like to try this on a future camino. Unfortunately I do not even know their first names, but I would really like to meet them again.

So perhaps one of them is reading this or one of you has met them on his/her camino and can tell them, that I want to get in touch with them.

Buen camino

Alexandra

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi,

I am looking for two pilgrim friends whom I met on the Camino de Fisterra between June 27th and 30th 2018.
We talked to each other frequently, but did not exchange our names and or adresses.

My attempts, to trace them by writing to the albergues where we last met (Bela Muxía and the public albergue in Fisterra), failed because of their policy of privacy.

I know that there is only a little chance that they joined this forum too, but still it is worth an attempt. Perhaps some other pilgrim can help me.

I last met them at Santiago Airport on June 30th, about noon. Their flight as well as mine was supposed to leave in the late afternoon but I missed them after their check-in.

They are supposingly at about 50 years old, both grey-haired, very fast walkers, about 1,80 m tall. The one with blue eyes and a beard carried a red Deuter backpack, the other with brown eyes often wore a yellow t-shirt and bright blue bermudas . I think he had a green backpack.

They must have started from Oviedo around the 12 th of june as they told me that they had fog on their walk over the "hospitales". So I suppose they did the hospitales on 16th, one day before I did it.

They told me that they were from Piacenza, near Milano, in the north of Italy.

Unfortunately I do not even know their first names, but I would really like to meet them again.

So perhaps one of them is reading this or one of you has met them on his/her camino and can give me further information to continue my search.

Buen camino

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra!

Hey did you check public posts made on Instagram during those days?
Anyways, wishing you the best and good luck on your search

Iosi

Hi Iosi,

as I did not see them with a smartphone ( I left mine at home , too), I don´t think that they posted details about their journey on Instagram.

I connected with the last two albergues where we stayed in, but they could not help me because of their policy of privacy. So allowed the hospitaleros in Fisterra to give my adress to them if they ask for me, too.

BC
Alexandra

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
they could not help me because of their policy of privacy.
On the Forum, too, it has been suggested that pilgrims may not want to be found, so when Members help in locating someone, keep that concept in mind.:)

When you know who it might be, contact them to let them know that someone is looking. They then can make themselves known, either through the Forum or through private communication. Social media has become so pervasive that it is easy to forget that not everyone wants to be on it or share as copiously as some do.;)

I have learnt a lesson: Enjoy the moment you meet but do not struggle to repeat.

Meeting these people was definitely good. Their company was just what I needed at that time, suffering from an infected toe and the loss of my previous "camino family" with whom I had walked the Primitivo before. Thank you!

I have learnt a lesson: Enjoy the moment you meet but do not struggle to repeat.

Meeting these people was definitely good. Their company was just what I needed at that time, suffering from an infected toe and the loss of my previous "camino family" with whom I had walked the Primitivo before. Thank you!
If you have FB account maybe try some Italian Camino FB site???

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Due to my Profession (judge at a Court of Appeal, Family Division) I am reluctant with FB. I do not have an account yet, though I know this would be an easy way to connect to some camino friends. I have some Italian camino friends who are on FB. But in my opinion these two pilgrims are not on FB neither. I never saw them using a smartphone nor even take a photograph.

BC
Alexandra

I agree " loosing your camino family is a sad day, the camino has many life lessons, but when you meet up by chance many days later , it is so good, !
If you're addicted like most folk on here you will be planning your next camino, torn between the North, and Portuguese at the moment for my next camino.
Bill

Hi Bill,
yes indeed I am already thinking about alternatives for my next camino. Restricted by work it is difficult for me to plan more than 2 weeks on the camino. So either I select a long one and walk it in stages or I do one of the shorter ones. So now I am torn between various Options (Part of the Via Francigena from Aosta to Piacenza, Part of the Via de la Plata from Sevilla to Caceres or perhaps Banos de Montemayor; Camino de Salvador and Part of the Primitivo to Lugo again or Camino Sanabrés from La Granja de Moreruela to Santiago).

It is really nice to meet up with people whom you had already thought to have lost. E. g. this year I met a nice couple from Hawai in the Albergue in San Juan de Villapanada - I did the Primitivo - on the first evening. Then they continued to Bodenaya whereas I decided only to walk to Salas because I was not sure if my knee would not object to another long day, having just recovered from an injury last winter. How happy I was, meeting them again at Berducedo. Until Melide we met every evening, and then again in Santiago in the evening mass. We then exchanged our E-Mail-adresses, so we are still in touch.

BC
Alexandra

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
An update:

Yesterday I was scrolling through the photographies on the Facebook-page of Albergue Bela Muxía and came across a picture showing them with their Muxíanas. Unfortunately the picture is to small to read their names, so I still do not know how to get in touch with them.

Here it is: My italian pilgrim friends

So if any of you knows them and can arrange getting in contact, I would highly appreciate.

If not, at least I have valuable memories and a nice picture of them.

Always "buen camino"
Alexandra

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back