• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Warning about accommodation at Mirambeau

Alisoun

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Turonensis, Voie de Tours (2017)
Sad to say I have recently spoken to several female pilgrims who have been made to feel VERY uncomfortable whilst staying at Mirambeau. There is a chap who offers accommodation there who is 'tactile' and has made many women feel uneasy. If you are a couple or men or in a group, there's no problem, but if you are a woman of whatever age think twice before staying there on your own, please. The local tourist office has been informed and will pass this info on to others including the pilgrim associations.

Sadly I am no longer able to offer alternative accommodation and Le Petit Breuillet no longer takes guests and will be closed from the end of August. It is possible that the neighbour may decide to take up the relay, but not before next year.

I wish all of you the very best and bon chemin, buen camino.

Alisoun

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for this warning Alisoun.
It is sad to read this.
Another very good reminder to all of us to follow our gut instinct regarding these matters.
Bon Chemin!

Alisoun. I have the accommodation list issued by Association Saintaise (1917) .
Is it a Monsieur S. ?
12€ avec petit dej.
If so I will cross that one off my list.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Fleur
Yes, that's the one. Makes me uncomfortable too and I have over 40 years of experience working with men and boys!

Hope the tourist office will get in touch with the pilgrim associations. Just heard that there was a formal complaint 2 years ago, but not followed up.

I don't have need of a night stop in Mirambeau at present but thanks for letting us know. Looking at the limited choice on my list that probably would have been my first choice.

Better off bivouacking at the campsite in Mirambeau frankly. His price is ridiculous anyway. No sheets on beds, and petit dej is just toast and coffee. Was really shocked when I found out.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back