• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

WARNING: Camino fever...

Annette

...OK... it is ok to laugh now. (seriously....!!)

It is also ok to slap your hand to your forhead and say out loud... "Is she insane" cos' I probably am... or I just have the very well-known camino fever...

Last night I was just checking all my Camino-gear (from previous camino's) backpack, sleeping-bag and so on... just to make sure I have what I need... and guess what I am already packed... :-D Did I tell you that I leave in September??

...As I said... it is OK to laugh!!

I have created this blog for my upcoming september Camino: http://annette.smartlog.dk so I am ready (already).

...Hmmm... may be I need a cold shower!? as it seems the heat in Barcelona has gotten to me!

To those of you who are leaving now... BUEN CAMINO - I wish it was me, cos I do not want to wait any longer... I am already packed you know!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Annette:
If you are really, really lucky, that delightful fever will be terminal...and you will have it to the very end! :mrgreen:

Some years ago I discovered that an enjoyable part of any upcoming hike can be the advance planning and preparation for it. To that end, I began to weigh all my gear and put each into a simple spreadsheet that I can manipulate and select the items I choose for the upcoming trip, according to the conditions and season of the destination, to 'pack' and 're-pack' my pack, while it is still hanging in my gear closet. I originally started the spreadsheet because I wanted to keep track of the weight/items and so replace heavier items with lighter ones, as I kept reducing pack weight. That spreadsheet is now multiple pages...but I am lucky enough to use it going some place every year during the warmer "hiking" season.

Annette

That is a hilarious post...thank you for making me laugh out loud. :D

And I know just how you feel...

Love your camino and love life.

RK

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
OK! I have my hand up in forum land as I have a confession too. Although I don't leave my front door until September 3rd, I am packed and ready to go. I also have a spreadsheet with everything weighed, catagorised and examined over and over again. My pack sits next to my desk at home - I feel like I did the first day I started school in 1963 when I was 5!. :oops: I'd had received a new school case for Christmas, packed it Boxing Day and then had to wait until February when our Australian new school year began. :) It's a little like that now. How silly, now I'm nearly 50!!!
I guess childhood wonder and anticipation never leaves some of us - hooray too!!!! cheers, Jane

PS - is it just me or do others begin dreaming of things all camino - I am already walking it in my dreams.

Equally guilty!! I'm waiting for the last couple of bits of new kit (obviously I need to get some new stuff because the very hard wearing technical gear I got last year is...well its just soooo last year now isnt it..)

Anyhoo - been fully packed (except for new lighterweight replacements) for er.....3 weeks or so now - been walking with full pack whenever possible over the local sand dunes. Flights - booked, hotel on first night - booked, hotel on last night booked, bus ticket to start point - booked. Three different sets of route stops depending on how energetic im feeeling. Spreadsheet for packing list done....new sunglasses....battery for camera charged (it will last easily 2 weeks all i need) spare sd card for camera bought...waterproof tech washed and reproofed, boots re polished and cleaned...yup - all ready to go....

I leave home on the 17th September....start walking on the 19th.

But *ahem* I need to practice so im taking all my gear walking right now :)

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back