• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Warning using “The Camino Del Norte app”

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2017
Primitivo 2019
Norte September (2022)
On the Luarca to La Caridad stretch, please be aware that a short cut route marked in red between Hervedosas and Bao should be avoided. We navigated down this track which leads to a 100-150m storm water tunnel under the highway. The tunnel leads out into mud and then very dense, high bracken, with very sharp blackberry overgrowth. Visibility is compromised due to the height of the the overgrowth and it takes concentration to ensure you are still on track. Navigation was carried out with GPS and it was very hard to follow. To follow the dots exactly would have you walking on the impossibly steep incline leading up to the road. This route slows you down considerably. We spoke with others at the end of the day, who attempted this ‘short cut’ but they turned back after seeing the tunnel they would have to negotiate, with heavy packs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221009-165052_Norte.jpg
    Screenshot_20221009-165052_Norte.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 1,771
  • 20221008_112846_resized_1.jpg
    20221008_112846_resized_1.jpg
    900.5 KB · Views: 120
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
That seems like some good information that should be sent to the app developer, so they can consider updating the guide. There are likely many "Camino del Norte apps" but you can probably find the contact/feedback information somewhere in the app itself.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
On the Luarca to La Caridad stretch, please be aware that a short cut route marked in red between Hervedosas and Bao should be avoided. We navigated down this track which leads to a 100-150m storm water tunnel under the highway. The tunnel leads out into mud and then very dense, high bracken, with very sharp blackberry overgrowth. Visibility is compromised due to the height of the the overgrowth and it takes concentration to ensure you are still on track. Navigation was carried out with GPS and it was very hard to follow. To follow the dots exactly would have you walking on the impossibly steep incline leading up to the road. This route slows you down considerably. We spoke with others at the end of the day, who attempted this ‘short cut’ but they turned back after seeing the tunnel they would have to negotiate, with heavy packs.
That looks dangerous, storm culverts shouldn't be entered at all. Especially in mountainous regions they can fill up after a flash flood incredibly quickly and if you were half way along it . . .

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well done. This will make it easy for everybody. We have found the app fantastic - simpler to use than Buen Camino for mapping, and the route marking is more defined. Many thanks. It has been invaluable while walking the Norte. We are enjoying a rest day in Ribadesella, listening to the rain.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Brings back some bad memories from last year. I took this route and when I came to the tunnel, I didn't even think it was part of the route. So, I continued on and instead of turning back, which I should have, I bushwhacked my way down the side of the mountain. Fell a couple of times, nearly breaking my ankle, back or anything else. Ended up with cuts and bruises all over my legs. Maybe I should have brought this to the Apps attention.

Mark

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I just finished the Norte last week and bumped into a couple of minor corrections…the first is the location of A’ Obrigo Albergue in Miraz, the pin drop in the app is not really accurate. I’ve attached a screen shot of my location while physically at the Albergue.

Attachments

• 6D67599A-4685-4140-8738-59570EFF6251.png
    6D67599A-4685-4140-8738-59570EFF6251.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 34
The second correction was the Blue Camino route outside of Portugalete…the blue line contained in this screen shot seems to dead end on the road, and is now fenced off. It looks as if someone has gone through the fence, but did not seem practical.

Attachments

• 19BECB1F-ED82-4BBD-9A20-F884563B57BC.png
    19BECB1F-ED82-4BBD-9A20-F884563B57BC.png
    852 KB · Views: 35
Great call. Great response 👍 Well done.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.