• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Warsaw - Santiago :: start august 2016

Symplicjan

Time of past OR future Camino
In 2014 - From Gdansk (Poland) to Avignon: Ökumenischer Pilgerweg - Via Regia - Via Mosana - Cluny - Lyon - Valence - Avignon.
In 2016 - From Warsaw to Santiago and Gibraltar.
Hello!

I decided start my second pilgrimage and walk across Europe. 8 countries, circa 5000 km and about 6 months of hiking. I will start in august. My trial will lead acorss Warsaw - Görlitz - Prag - Regensburg - Ausburg - Lindau - Sankt-Gallen - Luzern - Genève - Le Puy - Cahors - Pampeluna - Burgos - León - Santiago - Porto - Lisboa - Cádiz - Gibraltar.

I would like to meet some new people and make a new friends. So, if you’ll want to meet me on my trial, be my guide in your’s towns or villages, give me shelter for a night, I would be very grateful.

Yours sincerely
Simplician

trial.png

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Symplicjan,

What a journey you are about to start, wow! Will you be writing a blog or posting something while on the way? Would be really nice to "walk" with you for the next half year.

Ultreia!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Will you be writing a blog or posting something while on the way?

Mayby a photoblog, I think about it. But I walked unplugged, without smartfone, tablet or netbook, so is difficult to me writting and posting in blog on journey. :)
But I allways traveled with pencil and notepad, so I will write a memoir when I'll back to my home.

Mayby a photoblog, I think about it. But I walked unplugged, without smartfone, tablet or netbook, so is difficult to me writting and posting in blog on journey. :)
But I allways traveled with pencil and notepad, so I will write a memoir when I'll back to my home.
How adventerous to embark on such a journey. I can understand why you choose to be unplugged. I took a very small digital audio recorder to capture the sounds of the Camino. What I liked was that it was always 'at the ready'. Wish you safe travels and many special moments.

I look forward to reading your memoirs and wish you well.

Dobre drogi!

Mike

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Wow, what a special journey. Wishing you all the best and look forward to reading about your experiences.

Truly ... buen camino !

What date???

I will start August 5th. I'll reach Görlitz August 21-22 and then 1 week to Prague. I usually walk 30-40 km (18-24 mi) per day, but it is an average distance.

I think about simple and fast photoblog - tumblr.com probably, but I don't decided jet.

Now I am packing the backpack - equipment for next 6 months in 44 litres and no more than 10 kilos.

Equipment's list:
Camping

• hiking backpack - 44 L
  • small sleepbag & pad
  • small & light 1-person tent
  • swiss knive & knife-fork-spoon set
Clothes
  • hiking boots (keen durand mid)
  • waterproof sandals
  • thermoactive shirt - 2
  • t-shirt - 2
  • underwear - 3
  • micro fleece jacket - 1
  • waterproof jacket - 1
  • trekking socks - 5
  • m65 military pants - 1
  • bdu short pants - 1
  • bandanna - 1
  • waterproof hat - 1
Hygiene
  • toothbrush and toothpaste (concentrate)
  • soap
  • small scissors
  • small towel
  • toiletpaper
Medicine
  • some medical dressing (gauze, bandage, elastic bandage)
  • space (emergency) blanket
  • tweezers
  • nifuroxazide & loperamide (antidiarrhea)
  • painkillers
  • hydrogen peroxide
Other stuff
  • photo camera (Olympus E-410 + memory cards + waterproof case)
  • notepad & pens
  • needles and threads
  • duct tape (for emergency repairs)
  • small compass
  • map of Zittauer Jakobsweg Görlitz – Prag (next map I'll buy later)
  • LED Headlight
And that's all :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
First of all, you are very, very welcome to stay with us in Prague (Wifi and washing machine included!). We are not directly on the pilgrims way, but not too far off either plus for the way from Prague onwards I could give you some tips from my own pilgrimage in 2014 from Prague to Santiago.

PS Packing list looks fine, but I would ditch at least one pairs of socks unless you use the thin-thick sock system ...

Wishing you a wonderful journey! I would have loved to have you as a guest but unfortunately I do not live in Europe

@SYates - thank you :) I'll send you a PM.

And yes, I often wear thin and thick sock, particularly when it is raining and shoes are wet.
The equipment I listed is very similar to the one, with which I went to from Gdansk to Avignon in 2014. They are only 1 exceptions: I went to that expedition without the tent.
And I had inferior quality boots, sleep bag and other clothes.

BTW. I created a photoblog - https://www.photoblog.com/wandervogel/, so you'll can follow my journey (if I'll find some wifi on the road ;) )

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just answered your PM and looking forward to being a hospitalera again ;-) 2 thin/3 thick pairs of socks sounds good in that case! Just out of curiosity, which tent do you have? Nice blog, you just got another follower ;-) Buen Camino. SY

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back