A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Watching the Forum Grow

RENSHAW

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2003 CF Roncesvalles to Santiago
2/4 weeks every year on CF reaching Burgos or Leon. Hospitalero San Anton June 2016.
When I first joined the forum there was only discussion on the Camino Frances. Slowly, over the years, pilgrims have started to experience other Caminos , especially within Spain. The Camino Portuguese has really taken off! I guess that I am a creature of habit and chained to the CF. If I did want to take another route to Santiago our forum now has an abundance of info on other routes to draw from.

Last edited:

Bradypus

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
When I walked my first Camino the Frances was really the only game in town. It gets more complicated all the time :cool: I am glad of that personally - I look for something quieter than the Frances these days. Good to know that there are different ways for different tastes.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2017
I've done one Camino, the Camino Frances. I was 75 when I undertook the journey in 2017. Once in Santiago, I said (mostly to myself), "okay. That's done. I did it! Now, what's next? Why do people continue to do the CF year after year? What's the point? There are many other adventures to undertake." Fast forward two months, and there I was, thinking about doing it all over again. A day does not go by when I'm hiking in our forest lands or in the Cascades when I don't think about my time on the Camino Frances. Then the yearning begins anew. I get it. I'm planning to do it again as my 80th birthday present to myself. And, yes, the CF, for I am chained to it like Renshaw.

zrexer

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2014, 15,16 & 19 Camino Frances
2017 Camino Portuguese
2018 Camino Primitivo
2020 Camino Del Norte
Interesting that as much as the forum has grown, there are 870 guests online on the forum as I type this. I guess some people just have commitment issues!
Go ahead and join...we don't bite!

Pinker to

Camino(s) past & future
Future
I’ve already enjoyed other trails.
One day sitting in a porch out of a hostel chatting with other fellow pilgrim and wondering why we still felt drawn to the Frances, he told me other routes being cool, spectacular or even nicer weren’t like Mother Camino.
Not completely sure about that statement, it made me think though.

susanawee

susanawee
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
I've done one Camino, the Camino Frances. I was 75 when I undertook the journey in 2017. Once in Santiago, I said (mostly to myself), "okay. That's done. I did it! Now, what's next? Why do people continue to do the CF year after year? What's the point? There are many other adventures to undertake." Fast forward two months, and there I was, thinking about doing it all over again. A day does not go by when I'm hiking in our forest lands or in the Cascades when I don't think about my time on the Camino Frances. Then the yearning begins anew. I get it. I'm planning to do it again as my 80th birthday present to myself. And, yes, the CF, for I am chained to it like Renshaw.
.....and the same for so many of us. I Love the Camino Frances and it always shows me some different side of itself. Keep walking my friend and my your 80th on the Camino become a reality especially in these troubled times we are experiencing now. 🍀 🌻

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I’ve already enjoyed other trails.
One day sitting in a porch out of a hostel chatting with other fellow pilgrim and wondering why we still felt drawn to the Frances, he told me other routes being cool, spectacular or even nicer weren’t like Mother Camino.
Not completely sure about that statement, it made me think though.
It's the flow of humanity on the Frances that appeals to me. I have walked other Camino routes, but the Frances is special.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock