• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Water fountains on the Norte

gvmelissa

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP - SdC 2014
Porto - SdC 2016
Norte - 2018
Ing/Fin/Sdc 2019
Is water availability on the Norte similar to the Frances? Do the towns all have fountains for refilling your water supply? I know I can go into bars as well, but would like to know about fountains too. I love the way Brierley noted water sources in his guide, but seems my Norte guides don't have similar information. Thank you!!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Towns may have fountains, villages unlikely. Some childrens' playgrounds often have them and the beach areas with 'showers' on the beach. We bought bottled water so did not need to seek out supplies.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I picked up the Wise Pilgrim guidebook to the Norte and it actually shows where water fountains are. I don't know if the app does the same.

The app doesn't show the water fountains. At least not the version I have.
@wisepilgrim, if it is technically possible, that's a suggestion for improvement.
That would allow me to leave my guide book at home and just use the app.

Towns may have fountains, villages unlikely. Some childrens' playgrounds often have them and the beach areas with 'showers' on the beach. We bought bottled water so did not need to seek out supplies.

So do we need to carry 2-3 liters of water?
Do we need to bring filter/treatment to get water from creeks/lakes?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
So do we need to carry 2-3 liters of water?
Do we need to bring filter/treatment to get water from creeks/lakes?
We carried about 3lt's between 2 of us on hot days. Filled up with bottled water. We have not used a filter ever on the Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.