• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Water in Castro Urdiales, Laredo

AJGuillaume

Pèlerin du monde
Time of past OR future Camino
Via Gebennensis (2018)
Via Podiensis (2018)
Voie Nive Bidassoa (2018)
Camino Del Norte (2018)
We noticed the water in Castro Urdiales had a taste and smell of mildew. We had the same thing in Oriñon, and now in Laredo.
Not chlorine, which we had earlier on in Bilbao, but mildew.
Have others experienced that?
We have resorted to buying water, as although we have had no ill effect from drinking the tap water, it's just unpleasant.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Never noticed anything that that..
I also have never heard anyone comment on it.
Is it possible you are more sensitive to the water taste?
Do you notice it in other areas of travel?

Never noticed anything that that..
I also have never heard anyone comment on it.
Is it possible you are more sensitive to the water taste?
Do you notice it in other areas of travel?

I don't think I am more sensitive to the water taste, and my wife made the same comment.
I haven't noticed anything similar before in any of my travels.
Could be temporary?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.