• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Waterproof / Snow / Rain Pants in April 2014

T-Rex

Time of past OR future Camino
(2014)
I am setting out from SJPdP the first week of April 2014 and am really comfortable with my packing list, except one nagging question: do I need waterproof / snow / rain pants for the early part of the trip over the Pyrenees?

From the weather reports and input on this forum, I will definitely be walking through snow and wet conditions on the ground while snow and rain is falling from the sky. Do I need waterproof / snow / rain pants or is that overdoing it?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I've also read about the Altus Poncho - is that a strong alternative? Which would you recommend?

I am setting out from SJPdP the first week of April 2014 and am really comfortable with my packing list, except one nagging question: do I need waterproof / snow / rain pants for the early part of the trip over the Pyrenees?

From the weather reports and input on this forum, I will definitely be walking through snow and wet conditions on the ground while snow and rain is falling from the sky. Do I need waterproof / snow / rain pants or is that overdoing it?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I don't like rain pants much, but sounds like your first day (and probably only your first day) will have some pretty harsh conditions. I would suggest taking a cheap pair of Frogg Toggs (Dri Ducks) pants. You can find them at Amazon or an outdoor store like Academy. They would give you the peace of mind going over that first mountain pass in the snow, but you could then ditch them in Roncesvalles with no guilt.

I'm not sure I understand the cult of the Altus around here. I keep hearing about how leaky it is - at least in its current version. I'm a huge fan of the Packa. Pricey up front, but has been worth every penny for its design features and effectiveness.
http://www.thepacka.com/

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I don't like rain pants much, but sounds like your first day (and probably only your first day) will have some pretty harsh conditions. I would suggest taking a cheap pair of Frogg Toggs (Dri Ducks) pants. You can find them at Amazon or an outdoor store like Academy. They would give you the peace of mind going over that first mountain pass in the snow, but you could then ditch them in Roncesvalles with no guilt.

I'm not sure I understand the cult of the Altus around here. I keep hearing about how leaky it is - at least in its current version. I'm a huge fan of the Packa. Pricey up front, but has been worth every penny for its design features and effectiveness.
http://www.thepacka.com/

Caplen, thank you for your response!
I believe I'll depart SJPdP on the Friday the 4th of April ... (if all goes as planned).
I am monitoring weather at http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/orreaga-roncesvalles-id31211, which is only 7 days out and the forecast is all snow!
Do you have another weather site you keep your eye on?

You are the second person to recommend the Packa --- hmmm, serious contemplation now. I've sent them a message.
And do you think this would go perfectly with normal hiking pants and goretex boots (no rain pants nor gaiters)?

Thanks!
Theresa

Hi T-Rex,

I would chime in to suggest Dri Ducks. The whole rainsuit is $30, I think. And Galicia is rainy too. And cold can happen even when not expecting it. Dri Ducks are also the lightest raingear I have found outside of Cuben Fiber, which is VERY pricey. Makes a great windbreak too. Fits over whatever you are wearing. They are a bit fragile but I don't think I have heard the Camino goes through too many bushes. Since they are cheap there is not a huge heartburn if they tear (Can be mended with duct tape.) or you decide to throw them away.

Thanks! I'm boiling my 'great, internal, rain-gear debate' down:

Option A: Poncho
Option B: Rain Jacket, Pants, and Pack Cover
  • Rain Jacket: Marmot Light Rain Jacket (I already own it) OR Rain Top from Frogg Toggs Dri Ducks Suit (I need to see it before I decide)
  • Rain Pants from Frogg Toggs (Dri Ducks) suit, $25USD, light and effective - http://www.froggtoggs.com/
  • Pack Cover (included with Opsrey Kestral 38L)
  • Umbrella (gift ~free~ would have no issues leaving it in a box at an albergue)
I have decided to not get gaiters... so I've got that going for me :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Caplen, thank you for your response!
I believe I'll depart SJPdP on the Friday the 4th of April ... (if all goes as planned).
I am monitoring weather at http://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/orreaga-roncesvalles-id31211, which is only 7 days out and the forecast is all snow!
Do you have another weather site you keep your eye on?

You are the second person to recommend the Packa --- hmmm, serious contemplation now. I've sent them a message.
And do you think this would go perfectly with normal hiking pants and goretex boots (no rain pants nor gaiters)?

Thanks!
Theresa

The last time I hiked in serious snow - snow over my boot tops - was my 1999 camino, in early November, up to O'Cebreiro. I was woefully unprepared and inexperienced. I believe I was just wearing regular hiking pants (maybe with thermals underneath?), waterproof boots, regular poncho, no gaiters or rain pants.

My boots were soaked. I survived and had an amazing day. I don't think one day of snow hiking on an established and well traveled trail requires any real specialized equipment as long as you are careful about checking weather reports that morning before heading out. Just some common trail sense and some long underwear, and preferably a hiking companion.

If the trail is not clear and you are slogging through snow without gaiters, your boots will get soaked through, despite the Gore-Tex. The rain pants won't keep your boots dry in that kind of snow. But you may appreciate them keeping your legs warm and dry.

• Rain Jacket: Marmot Light Rain Jacket (I already own it) OR Rain Top from Frogg Toggs Dri Ducks Suit (I need to see it before I decide)
  • Rain Pants from Frogg Toggs (Dri Ducks) suit, $25USD, light and effective - http://www.froggtoggs.com/
  • Umbrella (gift ~free~ would have no issues leaving it in a box at an albergue)

My previous post cut off my last couple of sentences for some reason, but I think that's a good decision on not buying/bringing gaiters for just one hiking day. But do resign yourself to the probability of a few days of wet boots (which the gaiters might not entirely prevent anyway).

I would say Option A, definitely. (Though the Packa is not a poncho)
Personally, I would ditch the rain pants after the first couple of days, once I was off the mountain.

The problem with Option B is two-fold. A rain jacket worn under pack straps is not breathable, even if it is made from so-called breathable material, because there is no ventilation. You will get extra hot and sweaty. Also, a separate rain jacket and pack cover system does not protect the space between your back and pack. Your pack can still get soaked in that gap. This is the brilliance of the Packa. (I swear I don't work for them! :))

I love to hike with an umbrella, if the terrain allows me to feel comfortable with one pole instead of two, or on rest/sightseeing days. And not just in the rain. I'm more likely to use it in the sun - so cooling, no or less sunblock cream making me sweat more. Have you seen the GoLite Chrome Dome? http://www.golite.com/Chrome-Dome-Trekking-Umbrella-P928.aspx#reviews

My previous post cut off my last couple of sentences for some reason, but I think that's a good decision on not buying/bringing gaiters for just one hiking day. But do resign yourself to the probability of a few days of wet boots (which the gaiters might not entirely prevent anyway).

I would say Option A, definitely. (Though the Packa is not a poncho)
Personally, I would ditch the rain pants after the first couple of days, once I was off the mountain.

The problem with Option B is two-fold. A rain jacket worn under pack straps is not breathable, even if it is made from so-called breathable material, because there is no ventilation. You will get extra hot and sweaty. Also, a separate rain jacket and pack cover system does not protect the space between your back and pack. Your pack can still get soaked in that gap. This is the brilliance of the Packa. (I swear I don't work for them! :))

I love to hike with an umbrella, if the terrain allows me to feel comfortable with one pole instead of two, or on rest/sightseeing days. And not just in the rain. I'm more likely to use it in the sun - so cooling, no or less sunblock cream making me sweat more. Have you seen the GoLite Chrome Dome? http://www.golite.com/Chrome-Dome-Trekking-Umbrella-P928.aspx#reviews

Thanks! I see your strong vote for Option A to create a breathable experience that also protects the space between my back and the pack.
  • Poncho: Packa, $120USD, really effective - http://www.thepacka.com/
  • Umbrella (gift ~free~ would have no issues leaving it in a box at an albergue, good for rain and sun!)
I'll be singing and dancing in the rain(storm) and am fine getting wet - it's inevitable, but I do like preventing what I can :)

The GoLite Chrome Dome looks awesome! There is great gear for everything.. no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear, eh?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks! I see your strong vote for Option A to create a breathable experience that also protects the space between my back and the pack.
  • Poncho: Packa, $120USD, really effective - http://www.thepacka.com/
  • Umbrella (gift ~free~ would have no issues leaving it in a box at an albergue, good for rain and sun!)
I'll be singing and dancing in the rain(storm) and am fine getting wet - it's inevitable, but I do like preventing what I can :)

The GoLite Chrome Dome looks awesome! There is great gear for everything.. no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear, eh?

Absolutely! Weather is a state of mind. I used to dread walking in rain. It was actually on the camino at some point that I finally let go of that dread and stopped trying to creep between the rain drops. It was very freeing once I let the tension go and embraced the sensation of rain on my face. I love rainy hikes now, wet feet and all.

But I'm a dork. I hike in a skirt and flashy colored trail runners, sometimes with an umbrella, and am not above a little song and dance and puddle splashing on the trail.

Cheers!

Weather is a state of mind. I used to dread walking in rain . . . I love rainy hikes now, wet feet and all.

Thirteen of my last fourteen days on the Camino included rain. The first couple of days I resented it. The next few days I tolerated it. The final few days I almost didn't notice it. I agree, weather is a state of mind.

I vote for your Option B. April and May are cold months on the Camino, and the rain pants and jacket will give you some much needed extra warmth that the poncho won't. I absolutely love my rain pants - they zip all the way down the side so I can into and out of them without taking off my boots. I've worn them when it's extra cold but not raining, too.

Light weight rain pants not only keep you dry but are great at blocking the wind and keeping mud and other spills off your pants. They are very easy to clean as everything just rinses off. I would not walk without rain pants. Even if I wore a poncho.

Osprey 46l pack with built in rain cover.
North face all weather jacket
REI rain pants

By the way, Lots of rain/all weather jackets are vented.

That said, there is no amount of venting that prevents sweating when walking at least a half marathon, with a pack in any type of weather.

Ultreya,
Joe

Last edited:
I brought Gaters on April 2013 Camino Frances - but never used them

I did not bring rain pants and initially found that after muddy or wet days I could zip off the lower leg on my convertibles, & do a quick hand wash and dry

However the weather changed just before Galicia with seriously wet days and I found that the gear I had in my trouser pockets was very uncomfortable with saggy soaked trousers- so I bought a pair of wet pants which were great

Next time :) i will definitely take rain pants from the start

I'm walking in April as well this year, but starting late March, and expecting wet weather and snow. I am taking goretex rain pants that pack down really small, and rather than gaiters using sealskinz socks to try to keep the wet out. Boots are never really waterproof. Nonetheless, in horrendous weather the rain will nearly always find a way through. o_O

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Check out O2 rainwear. Cheap, ugly (we call it the hazmat suit) . It is the lightest, most breathable, most comfortable stuff ever. Cheap enough to be nearly disposable, which is good, because it is a bit fragile. The top is probably not tough enough for use with a pack, but the pants would be.

This rainwear is the only stuff I've ever taken off and been completely dry----no rain and no sweat. It does not cling to you when wet. It is weird material. But wonderful.

hazmat.JPG

http://o2rainwear.com/2011/03/original-pant/

Last edited:
What I've used the past two walks is a riff on your Option A: the Ferrino Trekker (from Amazon, designed like the older Altus models, longer than the Packa since it comes over my knee) combined with knee-length gaiters from Outdoor Research. Dry legs, great ventilation, and a dry pack!

An old saying adapted to the Camino: where there are six pilgrims, there may be 8 opinions!

The best advice: read the forum and make your own decisions. There is more than one way to walk the Camino!

My two cents on rain pants: I walked last April and rain pants were indispensable at the beginning of our Camino in the rain and mud. They kept me warm and dry. If I were to go in April again I'd take them for all the reasons stated above.

On gaiters: I used them in the mud we encountered in the first ten days. They worked great. That said no one else I walked with had them and they all lived. No one lusted after my gaiters. After the first ten days the weather was great and I never wore them again. Go figure. I'm not sure what I'll do next time.

To Phil: I'd test those Seal Skin socks. I had a bad experience with Seal Skin gloves on the Camino last April. I was warm but my hands were so wet inside the gloves they pruned up like I'd been in a hot tub for 48 hours. Never used them again. Socks may be different.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Check out O2 rainwear. Cheap, ugly (we call it the hazmat suit) . It is the lightest, most breathable, most comfortable stuff ever. Cheap enough to be nearly disposable, which is good, because it is a bit fragile. The top is probably not tough enough for use with a pack, but the pants would be.

This rainwear is the only stuff I've ever taken off and been completely dry----no rain and no sweat. It does not cling to you when wet. It is weird material. But wonderful.

View attachment 8835

Lucky you. I can not walk a mile, in any weather, on the Camino without breaking a sweat.

As you have seen there are options and everyone has their favorite. Another plug for the umbrella - similar to the Packa, it keeps that space between your pack and your back dry, is also a blessing in hot weather for shade and I can wear very little under it if the weather is warm though rainy or hot, diminishing the problem of sweat rapped in rainjacket. On US trails I have often hiked in sports bra under umbrella and been very happy. But that is probably not socially acceptable in Spain. Darn. An umbrella is little hard to manage in severe wind and will break if you fall into a tree or rocks. (I have done both.) But I like it quite enough to carry the weight and use it on every long trip.

BTW, it can be carried so that hands are free for poles. I have seen velcro attachments for stability points on packs or put under the chest strap with shock cord to belt from handle for second stability attachment. I'm female, and as some have joked on the PCT, AT and CDT, women have an advantage with two extra chest holsters which can hold any number of things from water bottles, cameras to kleenex. I stick the handle of my umbrella under the pack chest strap and under the bra toward the middle which places the umbrella nicely over me. In severe wind I might have to use a hand to pull front of umbrella down but usually I just hike on comfortably with my poles. One does need an umbrella with a smooth and comfortable handle for this, not a big blob on the end. I have had many guys look at me enviously since they have no bra. HA! HA!

I will be leaving St Jean on April 5. Hope to see you along the way but I am pretty slow so may not.

I'm walking in April as well this year, but starting late March, and expecting wet weather and snow. I am taking goretex rain pants that pack down really small, and rather than gaiters using sealskinz socks to try to keep the wet out. Boots are never really waterproof. Nonetheless, in horrendous weather the rain will nearly always find a way through. o_O

I strongly second Pep's caution on hiking in Sealskinz. They are not breathable and your feet will sweat and prune. The waterproofing can fail over long distance hiking time (or defect) and your feet will get soaked with little way for them to drain, dry, or most importantly, stay warm. Even without failure or defect, water can soak in from the top. They take forever to dry.

If your goal is to keep your feet warm, focus on that goal with merino wool socks. Your feet can/will get wet, even with waterproof boots (or socks). But keep them breathing and warm.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

View attachment 8835

Looks very 'camino-eske' . . . , people will see you coming for sure !
Am I correct in noticing it's not raining at the time the picture was taken ??

I walked from SJPP beginning on April 3 of last year. I did take rain pants. There was no snow going over the Pyrenees but there was snow going over padron pass out of Pamplona and O'Cebrerro. I was very happy to have them as they were not only used to keep me dry, but also as an extra layer of warmth in the cold. I depart SJPP on April 22 this year and will be taking them again.

Lucky you. I can not walk a mile, in any weather, on the Camino without breaking a sweat.
I am with you on that. My experience is that even good, breathable, rainwear doesn't cope well with a good sweat once it starts to rain. I suspect it is partly because it is very hard for sweat to evaporate as the surrounding air becomes increasingly saturated, and has less capacity to absorb more moisture.

Regards

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am a strange fit, and have never found rain pants that me fit comfortably and were affordable. Not that I've looked all that hard, since I've taken to hiking in a Macabi skirt most of the time these days. Also, I hike warm, and even "breathable" rain gear makes me feel claustrophobic. Even in my beloved Packa, I keep the front unzipped and the pit zips open almost all the time. I just like that it is so easy to go from a simple pack cover to keep my gear dry while I hike in a drizzle or light rain, perhaps with an umbrella. But if there is a deluge, it is easy to pull the rain jacket part forward and zip up with hood, even if I'm hiking alone.

And I don't need rain pants to help keep my feet dry, since I hike in mesh top trail runners and synthetic socks. They will get wet. And then they will dry quickly.

But I was amused by this I stumbled across and might try it out for kicks - a rain skirt! (You can buy rain skirts/kilts for lots of money, but easy to make cheap ones)
http://ultralightbackpackintips.blogspot.fi/2012/07/instructional-illustration-rain-skirt.html

That link links to this source as well - Tyvek pants - uber cheap, breathable, and lightweight (I use an ultralight tyvek ground cover for my tent - the stuff works)
http://www.qcsupply.com/70662-tyvek...&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=productfeeds

An old saying adapted to the Camino: where there are six pilgrims, there may be 8 opinions!

To Phil: I'd test those Seal Skin socks. I had a bad experience with Seal Skin gloves on the Camino last April. I was warm but my hands were so wet inside the gloves they pruned up like I'd been in a hot tub for 48 hours. Never used them again. Socks may be different.

I've never experienced those problems with Seal Skins, including the gloves. I've done a big chunk of hiking in pretty horrible conditions with them over the years, and haven't experienced 'prunisation' (this must be the verb!) and they have done well and kept the blisters away. I found with Merrino or any socks that they would cause blisters since boots don't keep the moisture or water out, and there is nothing worse than walking with wet cold feet. I've had plenty of use of them recently as well, as my usual running routes have all been flooded recently, and I've had to wade knee deep through streams and muddy puddles in them, and they have been a god-send. Even with running they haven't pruned my feet. I'm standing by them when I get going in a few days! Looks like I'll need all the waterproofing I can get.

I am a strange fit, and have never found rain pants that me fit comfortably and were affordable. Not that I've looked all that hard, since I've taken to hiking in a Macabi skirt most of the time these days. Also, I hike warm, and even "breathable" rain gear makes me feel claustrophobic. Even in my beloved Packa, I keep the front unzipped and the pit zips open almost all the time. I just like that it is so easy to go from a simple pack cover to keep my gear dry while I hike in a drizzle or light rain, perhaps with an umbrella. But if there is a deluge, it is easy to pull the rain jacket part forward and zip up with hood, even if I'm hiking alone.

And I don't need rain pants to help keep my feet dry, since I hike in mesh top trail runners and synthetic socks. They will get wet. And then they will dry quickly.

But I was amused by this I stumbled across and might try it out for kicks - a rain skirt! (You can buy rain skirts/kilts for lots of money, but easy to make cheap ones)
http://ultralightbackpackintips.blogspot.fi/2012/07/instructional-illustration-rain-skirt.html

That link links to this source as well - Tyvek pants - uber cheap, breathable, and lightweight (I use an ultralight tyvek ground cover for my tent - the stuff works)
http://www.qcsupply.com/70662-tyvek...&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=productfeeds
CAPLEN, how do you find the Macabi skirt with rain? I am being pulled between the macabi skirt and the discovery skirt by Royal Robbins. With the discovery skirt, I think I may have to get rain pants (and wear them under the skirt???).

I've always found rain pants to be not worth the bother -- they're heavy, they're too hot, they're hard to get on quickly, and they don't stay dry if it rains long enough. I wear quick drying hiking pants from Patagonia. They get wet in the rain, but they dry out quickly. I don't find cold legs to be a significant issue for me when hiking. The key to my comfort is to have a warm core, achieved by layering the top.

CAPLEN, how do you find the Macabi skirt with rain? I am being pulled between the macabi skirt and the discovery skirt by Royal Robbins. With the discovery skirt, I think I may have to get rain pants (and wear them under the skirt???).

The Macabi works much like my convertible hiking pants in the rain. They are both somewhat water resistant, and light rain is sluffed off. When they do get wet in a persistent rain or deluge, they dry quickly. If it's really chilly, I wear a light(silk) or medium(synthetic/merino) weight base layer legging under them (pants or skirt).

I agree with tploomis above that it is all about keeping a warm, dry core. I don't mind wet or mildly chilly legs.

I don't know anything about the Discovery Skirt, but I can't speak highly enough about the Macabi. It's the complete package of hiking/travel wear.

If you're set on skirt hiking but also bottom-half rain protection, consider a rain skirt/kilt. I linked above to a DIY page to make your own. Or this one by Zpacks looks fabulous with its full zip, if you don't mind the price. I kinda want to buy one just to reward them for picking an awesomely dorky male model. :)
http://www.zpacks.com/accessories/cloudkilt.shtml

Thanks, CAPLEN. I am definitely leaning towards the macabi. Do you have just one macabi or two? Or do you have a different type of clothing for alternative days?

Kris

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks, CAPLEN. I am definitely leaning towards the macabi. Do you have just one macabi or two? Or do you have a different type of clothing for alternative days?

Kris

I haven't done an extended trek since my 2001 camino. In the last few years since I've used the Macabi, I've used it for everything from day hikes and general travel/road trips with lots of hiking & impromptu camping, car camping/weekender hikes, and up to 10 days wilderness backpacking.

My experience is that I can wear it for multiple days, and it never seems to get dirty. It seems to sluff off dirt, and I have a darker color too, so that helps. If I give it a rinse or a spot clean, it dries super fast. So in answer to your question - I only have one, and that's all I feel I need. And I don't feel the need for alternate day clothing either. There are other things I wear sometimes when hiking/traveling, but that is just personal whim and variety. If I were restricted to only one piece of bottom clothing, it would be my Macabi.

My next camino will be in 2015, and we plan on being in Spain for 10 weeks or so, mid-May to late-July. This is what I intend to carry for "bottoms":

1 Macabi
1 convertible (zip-off) hiking pants
3 longer-length boy short type underwear (hazard of skirt hiking - chafing!)
1 med-weight (sythetic/merino base layer - black) leggings
1 sarong (for an evening skirt/refugio wear - but also very multipurpose beyond clothing - towel, sheet, privacy screen, shawl/scarf, etc.)
[1 light-weight (silk base layer - colorful) leggings --- maybe]
[nylon gym shorts --- maybe]

I think this combo will give me lots of multipurpose variety, comfort, and warmth for hiking, post-hiking evenings, rest/sightseeing days, sleepwear and swimwear. But I expect I'll wear my Macabi most days hiking.

Thanks, Caplen...I've also been pondering the underwear situation, especially with the possible chafing. Any suggestions on the brand?

Kris

I have used this product for years and have never been as satified with rain gear as i am now. Folds small into little pouch durable BIG TIME , and pack is always dry straps and all. Buen Camino http://www.rei.com/product/743069/outdoor-products-packframe-poncho

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Are rain pants AND a poncho overkill for May? I have both, very lightweight.
The poncho is coming but the pants are optional. They are just a single layer and pack quite small.
Not sure if this is being prepared or overpacking if I bring both.

Are rain pants AND a poncho overkill for May? .

Until my 3rd walk on the CF, in May of 2013, I would have said yes. I think I had only had 1 day of rain before that. But May 2013 saw record low temperatures and constant rain. Would not have walked had I not been dry thanks to my rain pants. I was so glad my accupuncturist had strongly suggested them.

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably end up packing them as I roll them up with my rain jacket and they fit in the jacket's small stuff sack.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.