Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

wax stamp

impgaard

Past OR future Camino
Portugise
Does anybody know if there is a possibility to get a wax stamp on the Camino del Norte?

If yes - where?

Buon Camino
Martin

Last edited:
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Does anybody know if there is a possibility to get a wax stamp on the Camino del Norte?

If yes - where?

Buon Camino
Martin
Martin,
Would you please explain what a wax stamp is? Is it an ink pad for stamping or a seal to sign a document?

Last edited:

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Martin,
Would you please explain what a wax stamp is? Is it an ink pad for stamping or a seal to sign a document?
I think that he is talking about a wax seal.
There are several examples in a thread about favorite sellos.

This one is my favourite från Albergue Pinheiros in Alvaiázere, Portugal he melted wax and then used and old sigill stamp. It took several minutes to get it and we got great stories while he did it.
View attachment 41458

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Trecile,
Thanks for this info. Hence Martin wants a distinctive seal from the Camino del Norte. OK

#9 on your linked list is from the Norte but no exact location cited!

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

ELHS220

Past OR future Camino
Francés - 2015, 2017
Norte (Oviedo Costa) - 2018
Finisterre/Muxía - 2018
Norte - (2019)
I have one. I took a video of him doing it. I will look through my photos and vids and try to pin point the location.

impgaard

Past OR future Camino
Portugise
I got one in 2019. It was from a tiny metal working shop outside of O Vilar, I think. On the right side of the path, music playing and a short walk up a drive. Lovely, kind man.
Super - Thank you. I will try to location when I pass by in a day

NadineK

Past OR future Camino
Frances (2014)
Norte/Primitivo (2015)
San Salvador (2016)
Le Puy-Cahors (2017)
Aragonés (2019)
This was back in 2016, but maybe he's still there: I got a wax stamp from an artist on the stage between Baamonde and Miraz. Here are a couple photos (second one is the outside of his shop/residence), and when I can hunt down my credential I'll see if the name of the place is on there!

Edit: Found the stamp, looks like the location is Xeixón (Seixón), about 2.7km before Miraz (stage 35A according to Gronze, so towards the end of the Norte). Hope he's still there!

IMG_3054.jpg IMG_3060.JPG IMG_7993.JPG

Last edited:
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I got one in 2019. It was from a tiny metal working shop outside of O Vilar, I think. On the right side of the path, music playing and a short walk up a drive. Lovely, kind man.
It's amazing to me all the special memories and little details we each carry within us from our various Caminos.

Lucy Keenan

Past OR future Camino
2016 Northern Route, 2017 Santiago to Muxia and Fisterra. 2018 Frances, 2018 Ingles, 2019 Portugues
This was back in 2016, but maybe he's still there: I got a wax stamp from an artist on the stage between Baamonde and Miraz. Here are a couple photos (second one is the outside of his shop/residence), and when I can hunt down my credential I'll see if the name of the place is on there!

Edit: Found the stamp, looks like the location is Xeixón (Seixón), about 2.7km before Miraz (stage 35A according to Gronze, so towards the end of the Norte). Hope he's still there!

View attachment 110926 View attachment 110927 View attachment 110953
I got the very same. An amazing place snd fantastic artist. I'm so glad you posted these photos as I regretted not taking a photo myself.

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)

If yes - where?

Buon Camino
Martin
I’ve got a couple on my first credenciales and, ever since, I’ve avoided wax ‘stamps’ when offered. The credencial doesn’t fold flat and you have to be careful to fully unfold the credencial before getting future sellos as an over-enthusiastic stamp on the reverse side of the wax would fracture it.

Better in theory than in practice IMHO.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I’ve got a couple on my first credenciales and, ever since, I’ve avoided wax ‘stamps’ when offered. The credencial doesn’t fold flat and you have to be careful to fully unfold the credencial before getting future sellos as an over-enthusiastic stamp on the reverse side of the wax would fracture it.

Better in theory than in practice IMHO.
I wondered if that would be a problem. I think that a wax stamp at the lighthouse in Finisterre would be perfect for a final stamp though.

Past OR future Camino

View attachment 110926 View attachment 110927 View attachment 110953
I got this same in Sept 2019. I am careful with my credential but it still got cracked in the journey and bits of it fell off.😩

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads