• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

wax stamp

impgaard

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugise
Does anybody know if there is a possibility to get a wax stamp on the Camino del Norte?

If yes - where?

Buon Camino
Martin

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Does anybody know if there is a possibility to get a wax stamp on the Camino del Norte?

If yes - where?

Buon Camino
Martin
Martin,
Would you please explain what a wax stamp is? Is it an ink pad for stamping or a seal to sign a document?

Last edited:
Martin,
Would you please explain what a wax stamp is? Is it an ink pad for stamping or a seal to sign a document?
I think that he is talking about a wax seal.
There are several examples in a thread about favorite sellos.

This one is my favourite från Albergue Pinheiros in Alvaiázere, Portugal he melted wax and then used and old sigill stamp. It took several minutes to get it and we got great stories while he did it.
View attachment 41458

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Trecile,
Thanks for this info. Hence Martin wants a distinctive seal from the Camino del Norte. OK

#9 on your linked list is from the Norte but no exact location cited!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This was back in 2016, but maybe he's still there: I got a wax stamp from an artist on the stage between Baamonde and Miraz. Here are a couple photos (second one is the outside of his shop/residence), and when I can hunt down my credential I'll see if the name of the place is on there!

Edit: Found the stamp, looks like the location is Xeixón (Seixón), about 2.7km before Miraz (stage 35A according to Gronze, so towards the end of the Norte). Hope he's still there!

IMG_3054.jpgIMG_3060.JPGIMG_7993.JPG

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I got one in 2019. It was from a tiny metal working shop outside of O Vilar, I think. On the right side of the path, music playing and a short walk up a drive. Lovely, kind man.
It's amazing to me all the special memories and little details we each carry within us from our various Caminos.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This was back in 2016, but maybe he's still there: I got a wax stamp from an artist on the stage between Baamonde and Miraz. Here are a couple photos (second one is the outside of his shop/residence), and when I can hunt down my credential I'll see if the name of the place is on there!

Edit: Found the stamp, looks like the location is Xeixón (Seixón), about 2.7km before Miraz (stage 35A according to Gronze, so towards the end of the Norte). Hope he's still there!

View attachment 110926View attachment 110927View attachment 110953
I got the very same. An amazing place snd fantastic artist. I'm so glad you posted these photos as I regretted not taking a photo myself.

If yes - where?

Buon Camino
Martin
I’ve got a couple on my first credenciales and, ever since, I’ve avoided wax ‘stamps’ when offered. The credencial doesn’t fold flat and you have to be careful to fully unfold the credencial before getting future sellos as an over-enthusiastic stamp on the reverse side of the wax would fracture it.

Better in theory than in practice IMHO.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I’ve got a couple on my first credenciales and, ever since, I’ve avoided wax ‘stamps’ when offered. The credencial doesn’t fold flat and you have to be careful to fully unfold the credencial before getting future sellos as an over-enthusiastic stamp on the reverse side of the wax would fracture it.

Better in theory than in practice IMHO.
I wondered if that would be a problem. I think that a wax stamp at the lighthouse in Finisterre would be perfect for a final stamp though.

View attachment 110926View attachment 110927View attachment 110953
I got this same in Sept 2019. I am careful with my credential but it still got cracked in the journey and bits of it fell off.😩

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Got one yesterday at the Albergue Pinhero's on the Caminho Português Central, at Alvaiázere.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.