• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Way of St Francis: Florence to Rome

mick53

Time of past OR future Camino
Geira y Arrieiros, Torres 2023
This is a fantastic pilgrim route in Italy that my wife and I are nearing the end of.

If you are walking from Assisi to Rome then just after Speleto the medieval bridge (Ponte deli Torri ) is indefinitely closed - damage from the 2016 earthquake.

However the local authorities have no detour or signs warning of the closure in place. So you will need to take a longer route out of town vìa the Basilica San Pietro which is 2km detour to start your day.

A great walk thoroughly recommended!

Mick from Aystralia

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This is a fantastic pilgrim route in Italy that my wife and I are nearing the end of.

If you are walking from Assisi to Rome then just after Speleto the medieval bridge (Ponte deli Torri ) is indefinitely closed - damage from the 2016 earthquake.

However the local authorities have no detour or signs warning of the closure in place. So you will need to take a longer route out of town vìa the Basilica San Pietro which is 2km detour to start your day.

A great walk thoroughly recommended!

Mick from Aystralia
How long is this route and how are the accommodations? I really want to do this one after having done 3 in Spain.

Hi Walking Lover, you have several choices for this route, and probably need to search the plethora of information that is available. Two websites that may help you are below. The first site has the route beginning in Davadola, a very small village. From there the path takes you through some beautiful wild country. there is another route which joins this one that begins in Florence. There is a Cicerone guide written for that route, which you might like to peruse. Explore other threads on this forum as there has been quite a bit posted on this route, with blog addresses provided too.

http://www.camminodiassisi.it/EN/
http://www.viadifrancesco.it

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back