• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Way of St. Francis

carryoncouple

We love trekking
Time of past OR future Camino
Spring (2013)
We embark today for the Way of St. Francis and begin walking from La Verna in Tuscany on Saturday. Our plan is to arrive in Rome in mid-May.
We have so many wonderful memories from our Camino Francés trek.
We would love to have you follow along on

carryoncouple.com

Best wishes,
Reg and Sue

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I’m following you, Reg & Sue, both through social media & walking. I’m expecting to set off on the Assisi path next month.
Buon Cammino
Suzanne

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
how was your first stage ?

Hello!
We have finished two days and the walking is challenging and the scenery is wonderful. We would welcome you to follow us on our blog
carryoncouple.com
Best wishes,
Reg

We embark today for the Way of St. Francis and begin walking from La Verna in Tuscany on Saturday. Our plan is to arrive in Rome in mid-May.
We have so many wonderful memories from our Camino Francés trek.
We would love to have you follow along on

carryoncouple.com

Best wishes,
Reg and Sue
I will follow your pilgrimage . I have walked Camino Frances and caminho Portuguese and Santiago to Finesterre . I was a hospitelero in oct 2017 . I am hoping to walk the way if st Francis in late September (God willing ) .i have 4 weeks available for walking and will travel from Melbourne Australia . I will be keen to follow your journey and also to connect with any others walking this route . Buon cammino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Reg and Sue,
I am interested in walking The Way of St. Francis, which goes through Assisi, OR the Via Francigena, which goes through Lucca. I think I understand the differences of the two routes, but in my research (I'm just starting), it seems some info/pilgrims refer to the route names interchangeably, so it's a little confusing to me.

How did you make your decision on which of the two routes to walk? What city did you fly into and how did you then get to La Verna?
Also how did you decide to start there?

I will be following you and I wish you a wonderful journey!

Best of luck on your Camino adventures! I just finished mine - two days from Roncesvalles to Pamplona, then a big jump to finish out from Sarria. I hope you enjoy the views, as well as the sunshine. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Galicia behaves for you both!

My trip was also part of my senior thesis, if you both have time (or anyone who reads this), I would be so grateful to have some feedback on your experience thus far! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dSkibUi7ZW-PpLvKlhI4L36uD5PrCGsN0aqGvm2OQZ8/edit

Buen camino,
Hanna

I will follow your pilgrimage . I have walked Camino Frances and caminho Portuguese and Santiago to Finesterre . I was a hospitelero in oct 2017 . I am hoping to walk the way if st Francis in late September (God willing ) .i have 4 weeks available for walking and will travel from Melbourne Australia . I will be keen to follow your journey and also to connect with any others walking this route . Buon cammino
I hope our posts are helpful and that you are able to come in September!
Reg

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Reg and Sue,
I am interested in walking The Way of St. Francis, which goes through Assisi, OR the Via Francigena, which goes through Lucca. I think I understand the differences of the two routes, but in my research (I'm just starting), it seems some info/pilgrims refer to the route names interchangeably, so it's a little confusing to me.

How did you make your decision on which of the two routes to walk? What city did you fly into and how did you then get to La Verna?
Also how did you decide to start there?

I will be following you and I wish you a wonderful journey!

Hello!
We chose this path after reading Sandy Brown’s guidebook.
There is a Facebook page called Way of St. Francis (Official Group) done by the author.
We chose to start in La Verna because of its historical connection to St. Francis and the path to Rome from there is slightly less than 300 miles, a distance we thought would work for us.
We flew into Rome and traveled to Arezzo via trenitalia, then a train and bus to Chiusi Della Verna. We spent two nights there so we could visit the monastery on the mountain. It was a wonderful day there. Sue posted our journey directions on Sandy’s Facebook page.
All the best,
Reg

Best of luck on your Camino adventures! I just finished mine - two days from Roncesvalles to Pamplona, then a big jump to finish out from Sarria. I hope you enjoy the views, as well as the sunshine. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Galicia behaves for you both!

My trip was also part of my senior thesis, if you both have time (or anyone who reads this), I would be so grateful to have some feedback on your experience thus far! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dSkibUi7ZW-PpLvKlhI4L36uD5PrCGsN0aqGvm2OQZ8/edit

Buen camino,
Hanna
Hello Hanna,
We walked the Camino Frances in 2013 and are now walking the Way of St. Francis in Italy. Our blog is carryoncouple.com
I will check your website.
Best wishes,
Reg

Hi Reg and Sue,
!
The 2 routes are different, this is the info I found for the Way of St. Francis (I haven't walked it) :

http://www.viadifrancesco.it/en/

I have walked the Via Francigena though. It goes from Canterbury to Rome, going through France, Switzerland and through the Grand St Bernard Pass to Italy - main places Vercelli, Pavia, Lucca, Siena....
Another way to enter Italy is through Mont Genièvre then Torino, joins the other in Vercelli....

http://www.viefrancigene.org/en/piedi/
Happy planning! :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you for the additional info, @domigee!
I remember you talking about the mosquitos in the rice fields near Vercelli. If I choose walk that route I would definately start somewhere south of that region! Lol.

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back