• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

We are GOING! And I decorated my pack . . .

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Got a note back from my doctor.
She says there is no evidence Letrozole compromises the immune system.
Of course she says to go at my own risk but she did NOT say, "Don't go,"
so we are going!

I decorated my pack today.
I put the forum patch on it.
I always do that.
Makes me feel less likely to get it stolen plus easier for forum members to say hi.
Plus I did my best impression of a pink scallop shell.

Hooray!

Attachments

• IMG_6960.jpg
    IMG_6960.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 415
  • IMG_6961.jpg
    IMG_6961.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 396
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
so we are going!

I always do that.
Makes me feel less likely to get it stolen plus easier for forum members to say hi.

Hooray!

Godspeed Annie and Buen Camino.

The malingerer.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We start from Zafra on March 7 after two days there.
Will anybody else be on the route with us?

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I always do that.

Hooray!
Very artistic 😎 Buen Camino, you will be in our thoughts.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We start from Zafra on May 7 after two days there.
Buen Camino!!

Great you're going. I hope everything will work out for you and that you'll enjoy this one. I did. I thought the VdlP in it's own regard is a very beautiful one.

Although I'm starting this year's Camino on May 9th, it'll not be the VdlP. Anyway, I'm sure you'll have plenty of worthwile encounters.

Ultreia!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Good for you and Buen Camino! I glued my forum badge over the Gregory logo (same pack which btw I think is just perfect for the Camino) just as you've done but unfortunately it came adrift so need better adhesive this time (end of May). What did you use for the other great personalising decorations?

so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Keep on Trucking' Mama, Truck them blues away!!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Good for you and Buen Camino! I glued my forum badge over the Gregory logo (same pack which btw I think is just perfect for the Camino) just as you've done but unfortunately it came adrift so need better adhesive this time (end of May). What did you use for the other great personalising decorations?

I used acrylic paint and fabric glue for the forum patch.

€149,-
so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Buen camino. Ultreia!

so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Where did you get the patch? Can I order online? Tks Buen Camino!!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Great to hear you’re going. I love the idea of personalising your rucksack. I have two Camino badges, a lovely friend just bought a second, and will definitely think about something more personal. Won’t misplace my rucksack though, vivid pink! Bien camino

so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Great news!! Buen Camino Peregrina!!

so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
So pleased you are back on the Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Joe and I left about 2:30 o’clock this morning from Palm Springs. We got to LAX in plenty of time and actually got put on an earlier flight to Chicago where we are now sitting waiting for our flight to Madrid to depart. The plane had a lot of empty seats which was nice, and we were able to relocate away from the lady right behind Joe who was red faced, feverish looking, and coughing. Ha ha Ha! I think I’m washing my hands more than I ever have in my life. But we’re feeling relaxed and happy. We have a three hour layover here and will arrive in Madrid at seven tomorrow morning. Then a bus ride to Zafra. Looking forward to the walk. A pox on Coronavirus! Ultreia!

Joe and I left about 2:30 o’clock this morning from Palm Springs. We got to LAX in plenty of time and actually got put on an earlier flight to Chicago where we are now sitting waiting for our flight to Madrid to depart. The plane had a lot of empty seats which was nice, and we were able to relocate away from the lady right behind Joe who was red faced, feverish looking, and coughing. Ha ha Ha! I think I’m washing my hands more than I ever have in my life. But we’re feeling relaxed and happy. We have a three hour layover here and will arrive in Madrid at seven tomorrow morning. Then a bus ride to Zafra. Looking forward to the walk. A pox on Coronavirus! Ultreia!
A pox on the Coronavirus, indeed! Sitting here less than 100 Kilometers from the epicenter of all 10 deaths, so far, in the USA.

So.... I have a question
How does one saw a patch onto a backpack? Wouldn't that sort of produce little holes that would make the said backpack no longer waterproof\water resistant? :oops:

I got my brand-spanking-new Gregory Zulu 35L and I just dont see how it is possible

€149,-
So.... I have a question
How does one saw a patch onto a backpack? Wouldn't that sort of produce little holes that would make the said backpack no longer waterproof\water resistant? :oops:

I got my brand-spanking-new Gregory Zulu 35L and I just dont see how it is possible

fabric glue. 👍🏼😊

€149,-
so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Did you use paint to for letters and shell?

Last edited:
Nope. I said I PUT the patch on my back. I did not say I sewed it. 😊
It should be possible to sew it on with corespun thread that is used especially for sewing tents. It is a thread that is made of artificial fibre and cotton around it. When the thread gets in contact with water, it increases its diameter, so the seam has a self sealing effect. And of course it would be a good idea to use seam sealer to keep it waterproof.

Here is one example: https://www.extremtextil.de/en/rasant-75-sewing-thread-polyester-cotton-corespun-1000m.html I used it to apply patches on boyscout tents and they withstood thunderstorms already.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It should be possible to sew it on with corespun thread that is used especially for sewing tents. It is a thread that is made of artificial fibre and cotton around it. When the thread gets in contact with water, it increases its diameter, so the seam has a self sealing effect. And of course it would be a good idea to use seam sealer to keep it waterproof.

Here is one example: https://www.extremtextil.de/en/rasant-75-sewing-thread-polyester-cotton-corespun-1000m.html I used it to apply patches on boyscout tents and they withstood thunderstorms already.

Fabric glue is so much easier.

so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
I had to edit after seeing some replies. I love this! I have the same pack! How did you attach your patch? I am going to try to use self stick velcro dots. I have several to put on.....I might try more decorations using fabric paint. I fly out of DC 18 April and start at SJPDP 22 Apr. Buen Camino! When are you leaving?

Last edited:
I love this! I have the same pack! How did you attach your patch? I have several to put on.....Did you use fabric paint for your name? I fly out of DC 18 April and start at SJPDP 22 Apr. Buen Camino! When are you leaving?
Hi there. I used acrylic paint but it is already flaking off. I was in a hurry and didn’t have fabric paint. I suggest getting fabric paint. I used fabric paint on my other pack and it lasted for years. I used fabric glue for the patch. Today was day one walking from Zafra to VillaFranca. I realize how much the letrozole has sucked my energy. I’m pretty tired after just 20 km but I’m glad I’m here!

Hi there. I used acrylic paint but it is already flaking off. I was in a hurry and didn’t have fabric paint. I suggest getting fabric paint. I used fabric paint on my other pack and it lasted for years. I used fabric glue for the patch. Today was day one walking from Zafra to VillaFranca. I realize how much the letrozole has sucked my energy. I’m pretty tired after just 20 km but I’m glad I’m here!
20 km is great! I am 65 and will take my time. Have fun! Thanks for the info!

so we are going!

I always do that.

Hooray!
Safe Travels Annie Santiago and, I love the way you hav decorated your pack....looks lovely. Buen Camino.

We start from Zafra on March 7 after two days there.

In my mind I will be onroute with you. Please post a pic every now and then, nature must be awesome along the way. Reading a book right now and I just learned March is a good time in Extremadura to see the wild orchids. Hope to walk 'de la plata' some time next year.

Attachments

• 20200308_112516.jpg
    20200308_112516.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8

€149,-
In my mind I will be onroute with you. Please post a pic every now and then, nature must be awesome along the way. Reading a book right now and I just learned March is a good time in Extremadura to see the wild orchids. Hope to walk 'de la plata' some time next year.

You can follow with photos on my blog at caminosantiago2.blogspot.com 😊

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back