• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

We are not alone?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3000

From Discovery News:
How's this for an astronomical estimate? There are at least 50 billion exoplanets in our galaxy. What's more, astronomers estimate that 500 million of these alien worlds are probably sitting inside the habitable zones of their parent stars.

So how many of these exoplanets have life? Unfortunately, there's no estimate for that question.

This announcement was made on Saturday by Kepler science chief William Borucki at the American Association for the Advancement of Science in Washington D.C. However, Kepler didn't actually count 50 billion exoplanets, this number comes from extrapolations of the data taken so far by the exoplanet-hunting space telescope.

For example, as Kepler has spotted 1,235 exoplanet candidates so far -- 53 of which orbit stars in their habitable zones -- knowing approximately how many stars there are in our galaxy (there are thought to be around 300 billion stars in the Milky Way), an estimate can be made of how many worlds are orbiting these stars.
How curious it would be if the creator of all this spoke only in Aramaic and Hebrew. I have something more to contemplate as I walk my next Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
What an abstract and random thought on such a huge topic falcon :)

Mind you it would be no less curious if the creator of it all only spoke english and spanish. Lol.

Mind you i would expect that if there was a sentient creator the language used would be universal. At least with so many people worldwide believing in a creator and most being able to undertand at least some of the language used then i dont think a creator of such magnificence would be limited to any language.

Maybe it is our tiny, narrow minded and infinitly limited (compared to a creator of universes at least) capabilities that have difficulty listening let alone undertanding :)

Certainly food for thought for my camino in a couple of months so thanks for posting this falcon.

Chris

PilgrimChris said:
Mind you i would expect that if there was a sentient creator the language used would be universal. At least with so many people worldwide believing in a creator and most being able to undertand at least some of the language used then i dont think a creator of such magnificence would be limited to any language.

That would be Esperanto? Excellent! I speak Esperanto like a native! :lol:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I think the Creator speaks in its own language via its mind, and we receive it like a radio receiver in our own language.

That's my guess ::laughing::

By the way, a friend and I saw a HUUUUUGE UFO here in the desert about 10 years ago right over our heads, not more than 3 stories above us. It took up the entire sky. If I'd seen it alone, I would think I was dreaming, but we were both there.

It was an interesting experience.

I often said on the Camino, "Come back UFO! I want to see you again!" because I would love to see it again up close.

He, on the other hand, says, "Don't say that!" He is afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am currently working as a Hospitalaro in a newly reopened Donativo Albergue in Vergen del Camino, just a short distance from Leon. It was closed for 5 years due to, initially the pandemic. It is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back