• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino We are on our way

Time of past OR future Camino
Planned Camino for early November 2022
Thank you to everyone who replied to my recent query on accommodation in Morgade. I got in touch with Casa Morgade and we will be staying there tomorrow night. Arriving in Sarria this evening and starting our Camino in the morning. Does anyone know the opening hours for the Peregrinoteca Store in Sarria?
In case this might be of interest to any other pilgrims when I was trying to source accommodation in Arzúa for November 9th, I rang the following Pensions and they told me they were closed until April:- Hotel Arzúa, Pensión Casa Teodora, Pensión Frade, Casa Carballeira, Pensión Rúa. I was given some accommodation details from tourist office in Sarria so I did manage to find somewhere.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For anyone interested, we stayed in a beautiful pension just off the main road and in the centre with 2 supermarkets close by

Pension Arzua….Albergue Turistico

private rooms with or shared bathroom or bunk beds in 2 dorms
A well stocked kitchen for cooking
Washing machines and dryers
a lovely garden

tel 0034 981 50 82 33
0034 608 38 00. 11

Spotlessly clean
We paid around 40 euro

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
s
For anyone interested, we stayed in a beautiful pension just off the main road and in the centre with 2 supermarkets close by

Pension Arzua….Albergue Turistico

private rooms with or shared bathroom or bunk beds in 2 dorms
A well stocked kitchen for cooking
Washing machines and dryers
a lovely garden

tel 0034 981 50 82 33
0034 608 38 00. 11

Spotlessly clean
We paid around 40 euro
thank you

Pasting in my oft-told memories of Casa Morgade from other threads. There are lots of good businesses, lots of great businesses on the camino, but Casa Morgade sets a higher bar, IMHO. They have evolved from a tiny albergue into a fairly large operation, but I htink they have managed to keep the same spirit.

Oooohhhhhh Casa Morgade. On my very first camino in 2000, I stayed there. At that point, it was a couple of rooms on top of the kitchen. The señora told us she was from Bilbao and had married a galego with a farm. Her family thought she was crazy. We sat around the table after her great home cooked meal and talked for hours. About three years ago, I walked through again and was surprised to see the huge emporium that Casa Morgade has become. The woman I had met was now the grandma, and several generations were working in the kitchen and the hotel. My very strong impression was that this family still brought the same love and enjoyment to their enterprise as they had years ago. I have seen so many camino businesses turn from love-of-the-camino to a working grind, and it was a real joy to see that this particular enterprise had been able to preserve the feeling that had started the business years ago.

And I was inspired by the chatter to write to them, because it is so often the case that camino business owners get sour on the camino, understandably, but this place has preserved its warmth and camino spirit.

Hola,Laurie .
Cuanto se agradecen esas palabras tan bonitas ,hacia nuestro negocio ,un
pequeño negocio familiar que fue creciendo poco a poco ,y que a pesar de
pasar los años lo único que hacemos es abrir las puertas de nuestra
casa a los caminantes con nuestro mas humilde trabajo .
Y palabras como estas, nos emocionan y ayundan a seguir en ese camino.
Estas palabras las recordaremos siempre .Gracias ..gracias ,gracias
Si alguna vez mas decide hacer el camino....le agradecería que se diera
conocer, .
Nuevamente le agradezco esas palabras tan bonitas.
Un saludo de parte de todo el equipo de Casa Morgade

Hi, Laurie, We really appreciate these beautiful words about our business, a small family business that grew little by little. And over the years, the only thing we do is open the doors of our house to the peregrinos, and offer them our more humble work (I think here what he means is that the peregrinos do all the hard work, they just do the easy bits).
And words like this affect us and help us to continue. We will remember these words always. Thanks, thanks, thanks. If you decide to walk the camino again, we would appreciate it if you would identify yourself. Again, thank you for those nice words.
Greetings from the entire team of Casa Morgade.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back