• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

We made it - 26 Days

Brisbanegee

A champion is one who gets up when they can't.
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (2015)
Hello all,

I wanted to say thank you all for your help, support, forum information, Ivar's tireless work that assisted to make this journey straightforward and you know what? GPS are not required as there are so many arrows. Saw one guy with one and he never looked at it.

We are staying at Rua Villar (Opp Pilgrim Office) in a Hotel to rest and will do plenty of sight seeing before the journey to Paris then Australia.

Thank you once again and will remain active to assist others!

Glenn & Sarah

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello all,

I wanted to say thank you all for your help, support, forum information, Ivar's tireless work that assisted to make this journey straightforward and you know what? GPS are not required as there are so many arrows. Saw one guy with one and he never looked at it.

We are staying at Rua Villar (Opp Pilgrim Office) in a Hotel to rest and will do plenty of sight seeing before the journey to Paris then Australia.

Glenn & Sarah

This is great! That is about the time I wanted to do my Camino next year. Could you tell me where you started from and about how many kms you covered in a day? Just trying to get an idea of what my schedule would be like. Thanks and congratulations!!

Stephanie

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello all,

Glenn & Sarah
Hi Glenn & Sarah, well done and it is great that you remain active to assist others . Wish you well, Peter.

Congratulations Glenn and Sarah, on your first Camino. Not so sure you are finished yet after two Camino's I thought I maybe finished, nah I will be back ASAP. Good Luck and well done.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This is great! That is about the time I wanted to do my Camino next year. Could you tell me where you started from and about how many kms you covered in a day? Just trying to get an idea of what my schedule would be like. Thanks and congratulations!!

Stephanie
Stephanie,

Thanks for the reply. Averaged out at 31 Km's a day which was massive. Started at SJPDP on 1st March.

If you don't want to punish your body as much, 34 days would be a good number, but it is your Camino and what you want to get from it is up to you.

People can give their stories and suggestions to guide you, but you need to feel comfortable with what you can do.

Two things I did learn which are extremely important are 1) correctly fitted boots are important and that they are dry inside each day with fresh dry socks (we also used sock liners) and 2) backpack needs to fit right and be adjusted correctly as your hips should carry the weight, not your shoulders/back and both these things assist in mitigating risk of injury.

It's amazing how strong your mind is and we used ours to push through pain barriers and it made each day easier.

Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Stephanie,

Thanks for the reply. Averaged out at 31 Km's a day which was massive. Started at SJPDP on 1st March.

If you don't want to punish your body as much, 34 days would be a good number, but it is your Camino and what you want to get from it is up to you.

People can give their stories and suggestions to guide you, but you need to feel comfortable with what you can do.

Two things I did learn which are extremely important are 1) correctly fitted boots are important and that they are dry inside each day with fresh dey socks (we also used sock liners) and 2) backpack needs to fit right and be adjusted correctly as your hips should carry the weight, not your shoulders/back and both these things assist in mitigating risk of injury.

It's amazing how strong your mind is and we used ours to push through pain barriers and it made each day easier.

Buen Camino
Congratulations to you both. As a fellow Queenslander I'm proud ! I hope I can do half as well, it will be more like 40-50 days for me. Bravo!
Kay

Hello all,

Glenn & Sarah
Congrats, Glen & Sarah. Walking the 1st camino is tough in itself, but to cover 31km in a day. Wow. Can you share the training regime? Going on mine in sep this year. Thanks.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Stephanie,

Two things I did learn which are extremely important are 1) correctly fitted boots are important and that they are dry inside each day with fresh dey socks (we also used sock liners) and 2) backpack needs to fit right and be adjusted correctly as your hips should carry the weight, not your shoulders/back and both these things assist in mitigating risk of injury.

Buen Camino
Appreciate the information. I'm planning on starting from Pamplona in mid-May and giving myself 26-30 days to complete. So my pace will probably be slower. Thanks for the tips on shoes and packs. :)

Congrats, Glen & Sarah. Walking the 1st camino is tough in itself, but to cover 31km in a day. Wow. Can you share the training regime? Going on mine in sep this year. Thanks.
Hey

Will reply back once I get home in a couple of day for you. My pleasure.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Glenn & Sarah, what about the weather in march? I did 330km last year and want to do the whole Camino next year and was thinking in going on april.
1st March set off was perfect this year. Had a couple days of rain but otherwise nothing else. It was cold and the season really kicks off 1st April, but we were able to walk without the crowds, accommodation no issue and gave serenity.

We did have a couple of big groups of school kids from Sarria walk, but they were only a pain for 15 minutes while they charged past on two days but my time again, would not change the date. We met so many nice people and they all enjoyed it too.

Glenn

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back