• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

We shall leave Córdoba on March 13th 2016

eze

Time of past OR future Camino
Francès 2005/2006
Norte 2007
Plata 2008
Eze (home) Roma
Mozarabe April 2014 (Granada-Cordoba) March 2016 (Córdoba-Merida)
Camino Gironès September 2014 (La Jonquera-Vic)
and complete the Mozarabe that we started in April 2014 from Granada (to Córdoba).
Foot problem forced us to stop in Córdoba. In 2015, we started Catalàn from La Junquera to Vic and and were forced to stop for the same reason (other foot...)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
and complete the Mozarabe that we started in April 2014 from Granada (to Córdoba).
Foot problem forced us to stop in Córdoba. In 2015, we started Catalàn from La Junquera to Vic and and were forced to stop for the same reason (other foot...)
Sorry, date is 13 and NOT 16 March 2016.

Hope both your feet will carry you through this time! Buen Camino, SY

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@eze hope indeed that the feet hold out. I walked Granada-Mérida Sept/Oct 2014 and loved it though alone during the 14 days walking (off course extra day to visit Granada and Córdoba).

I found the signage much beter in the stretch from Córdoba on, never got lost. Can't say the same for Granada-Córdoba where I got lost almost every day during the first stages.

Although it is a very short stage I would recommend staying with Gert-Jan and Maria (Dutch hospitaleras) at their Acogida in Cerro Muriano. It is in their own home. The stage is only 16 km but that means that you can have a leasurely start to the day. They are lovely people.

Look forward to hearing about your adventures.

Buen Camino!

Hello LTfit, thanks for your message.

We also were lost one time between Granada and Córdoba, shortly after leaving Moclin and N432.
I have described it in our blog (in french sorry- i really don't know how to traduce it in english) where i try to help pilgrims mentioning landmarks to walk across that olive grove where most of them lost their way, as we also did.

Regarding lodgings, a long time ago, decision was made not to sleep in albergues neither on the various Caminos we walked on nor on Francigena to Roma. I had read about this welcoming halt in Cerro Muriano. We'll sleep two nights in Córdoba instead and take buses to cover the two ways to and from Córdoba. Afterwards, we'll sleep in pensiones or small hostales, as usual.

I wish you all the best for 2016 y un buen Camino !

Francis

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back