• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wear your sleeping bag!

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
It had to come - a sleeping bag that you wear, sleep like a star-fish and walk around in if you want to!

The SELK - BAG, as tested by the European EN 13537 standard, can withstand a temperature as low as -8.4 degrees Celcius. (Only drawback for pererginos is that it weighs between 1.7 and 1.9kgs.)

Also on this fun site: Luggage scales - bicycle indicators - emergency charger - and many more wacky wonders.

Check them out on the "I Want one of Those" website. (Click on Great Outdoors)

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com

Attachments

• selbagvar_lg.jpg
    selbagvar_lg.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,518
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I DEFINATELY want one of those!!

I always thought that there was a gap in the market for adult sized fleecy sleepsuits. (Those of you who don't see the attraction have never spent your holidays in a freezing, damp cottage with an erratic electricity supply in the north of Scotland!!)

Laura

I loved one of the reviews on the website - from a Scottish lass:

This is undoubtedly the best 'silly yet practical' purchase I've ever made. The combination of cosyness and freedom is quite wonderful. How many sleeping bags can you show off your break dancing moves?!
Lucy, Glasgow

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.