• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Weather & accommodation on Norte

Time of past OR future Camino
camino Frances Aug 21 doing norte June 22
Hi all

I'm leaving the UK next Saturday, getting into Irun around mid morning, was wondering if anyone on the Del Norte, can advisement on the weather, as I'm going thru my packing list,im going light this year, also how busy/available are the accommodations.
Thanks in advance
Graham

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi all

I'm leaving the UK next Saturday, getting into Irun around mid morning, was wondering if anyone on the Del Norte, can advisement on the weather, as I'm going thru my packing list,im going light this year, also how busy/available are the accommodations.
Thanks in advance
Graham
We have just arrived home from the Norte. These sprig to mind and are a must.
Albergue de Peregrino Guermes, Novallana train station with the best vegetarian lasagne, La Ferreria Albergue Amandi, Canero has bad reviews but we found it fantastic though we didn't share a meal and Cuerres Rest Of Andayòn, the monastery in Sobrado but no meal. Hope this helps. Buen Camino

Hi There,
My daughter and I arrive in Irun on Saturday and will start walking on Sunday, so maybe we will bump into each other. Hope to see you on the path.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We are currently in Nojas, 10 days in. Periodic rain, nothing heavy, for the past 3 days. It was warm in San Sebastian (85 F) but otherwise mostly 60s. Feeling blessed!
We are staying in private accomodations, booked ahead, so can’t comment on availability otherwise or business of albuerges.
Buen Camino!

Thanks to Trecile for turning us on to mapy.cz app. We have been enjoying the coastal variants and find it very helpful for del Norte.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@peregrina2000

Do you know if your coastal routes are detailed in the map.cz app? That would be an alternative to downloading your coastal maps per your thread in

I used Buen Camino. I just wish I'd found it earlier. It has all the alternatives, shows you where you are on the map, all updated accommodation, and you can plan your own stages. It also gives you information along the way of points of interest.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@peregrina2000

Do you know if your coastal routes are detailed in the map.cz app? That would be an alternative to downloading your coastal maps per your thread in

Yes, the coastal alternatives (as well as all other alternatives) are included on mapy.cz app. No need to download anything further (other than the map of all of Spain, if you want to use it off-line). As noted by others above, the Buen Camino and Wise Pilgrim apps. also include the alternatives on their maps.

Btw, mapy.cz is the successor to, and identical to, Windy Maps, for those who are familiar with that app.

Also, when you use mapy.cz you need to magnify down to street level in order to see the individual trails.

Yes, the coastal alternatives (as well as all other alternatives) are included on mapy.cz app. No need to download anything further (other than the map of all of Spain, if you want to use it off-line). As noted by others above, the Buen Camino and Wise Pilgrim apps. also include the alternatives on their maps.

Btw, mapy.cz is the successor to, and identical to, Windy Maps, for those who are familiar with that app.

Also, when you use mapy.cz you need to magnify down to street level in order to see the individual trails.
Andy,
Thanks for confirming the coastal routes are now in the three apps.

I am new to Buen Camino, Wise Pilgrim and mapy.cz. Does anyone stand out or that you would recommend over the other two?

Andy,
Thanks for confirming the coastal routes are now in the three apps.

I am new to Buen Camino, Wise Pilgrim and mapy.cz. Does anyone stand out or that you would recommend over the other two?
mapy.cz is a general mapping app, like google maps, but unlike google maps, it also has virtually all the hiking trails in the universe on it, and I use it not just on the caminos but when I'm walking across town or through the nearby regional parks.

Buen Camino and Wise Pilgrim are specific to the caminos, so they'll have less general information on them, and less of the surrounding road / trail network, but more that's specific to the particular camino, like places to stay (though mapy.cz will have them, too).

Since mapy.cz is free, it's a no-brainer to download and try out. And since the others only cost a few dollars each (or whatever your local currency is) you're not out of pocket much if you buy both of them. One may have some features / information you like, the other may have others. I'm a Wise Pilgrim fan myself, but to be honest, I can't tell you why I've come to prefer it.

Try them all!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Over the last 3 days weather here on the Norte has been beautiful!!
I am currently in Urquena.

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back