• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

weather and water updates needed

jerbear

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de madrid, camino francis, camino inverino (2012, 2013,2014)
CdM, Francis, San salvador, primativo june 2015 CDM , francis, inverino 2016
Camino madrid, via de Plata. Santiago.
Coast of the dead malpica to muxia
I plan to do the camino Sjj and want to tent. I have tried to read these weather response and could I please have a guesstamation on what to expect in the mountains low temps in degrees and along the trail. How is the water oick ups now? If this is not in the right place ivar please relocate thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It all depends on the time of year. From May to Sept it will be warm to hot, April and October are beautiful but you can get snow, Nov to April it will be cold. Galacia can be wet anytime. Tell us when you propose to go.

Sorry, late june to late august 2012. And again I iwas reading about a water shortage along the trail. Is this true? thank you

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi jerbear,
I reckon June to August you can expect warm weather both day and night, as a guestimate!
Re water: if you look at Spain as a square, with Portugal to the West and France to the North-east then generally speaking the east has had the regular amount of rain over the winter, the west hasn't. Galicia, that everyone says has loads of rain, has had very little over the winter but we're certainly making up for it now. You are extremely unlikely to notice any water shortages, it is the agriculturalists who will suffer, if there is a problem.
There has been an inversion of seasons, autumn was hot and late winter was hot, now it is coldish and there is snow on the mountains, in Galicia and western Leon, for the first time this year. The weather outside my window is wet, windy and horrible except that I grow my own veg so I'm actually grateful :)
Sue (in the hills of Orense)

Thank you very much! I lived in rota for 3 years back in the 80s. I want to go back and see arcos, chipona, and some of the other small then viliages. Can you still by used 49cc mopeds cheap over there?

Can you still by used 49cc mopeds cheap over there?

I can't answer that, I'm too old to bomb about on a moped and I hated them when I could :) All I can say is that I don't notice them around like I used to, I don't think I've seen one in a long time. Hopefully someone else has can answer.
Sue

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Not a lot of cheap anything to be had anymore, except wine and olives!
The modped traffic has dropped off significantly as the cost of petrol went up and the police began enforcing driver-licensing laws. You have to take the full driver´s exam/school route these days if you want to drive a moped on the street, so it´s cut way down on the 12-year-old "monkey boy" traffic problems, thank God. It was getting tiresome, being run over on the sidewalk.

Reb.

jerbear said:
Thank you very much! I lived in rota for 3 years back in the 80s. I want to go back and see arcos, chipona, and some of the other small then viliages. Can you still by used 49cc mopeds cheap over there?
I haven't seen a single Vespino on Camino, unfortunately. The scooters you see these days are proper scooters, and the locos riding them wear helmets and even sometimes use their brakes and indicators! Spain isn't what it was, alas.

p.s. Sorry, I'm off topic.

Its camino so its right on topic. I can not wait to have tappas again, gambas aaho! I have booked a flight into madrid for june 13 and am no hurry to get to the trail. I want to feel my love for spain. And get the feel! Hope to meet some of ya on the way. I am in the virgin islands right now leave in 2 weeks then I will order my patch and . study up on my espaina. yo bear!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back