• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Weather forcasting - Rain, Rain, RAIN and T-storm (and my birthdays)

SooYunKim

Time of past OR future Camino
09.22.2014 - 11.1.2014 Camino Frances from SJPP & Camino Finisterre-Muxia
According to the Weather.com,
it will be raining and T-storm is coming to the area of SJPP this Thursday.
I really wish to have 5 sunny days at the beginning of the Camino so I can have some time to get used to it but Oh well. :rolleyes:
Now I only hope that it does not rain too hard so I would have to give up Route de Napoleon. *crossing my fingers*

I will have my birthday twice on the Camino, one by luna calendar, one by solar calendar.
Because it's leap year, those birthdays are only 6 days apart this year.(Usually it's about a month apart.)
It's kinda exciting.
I am so looking forward to celebrating my birthdays with delicious Spainish cakes. :D

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I really wish to have 5 sunny days at the beginning of the Camino so I can have some time to get used to it but Oh well. :rolleyes:
Now I only hope that it does not rain too hard so I would have to give up Route de Napoleon. *crossing my fingers*

I will have my birthday twice on the Camino, one by luna calendar, one by solar calendar.
Because it's leap year, those birthdays are only 6 days apart this year.(Usually it's about a month apart.)
It's kinda exciting.
I am so looking forward to celebrating my birthdays with delicious Spainish cakes. :D
Hola!

Very useful link:
http://www.caminodesantiagotiempo.com/

Ultreia!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Rain gear will come in handy right away! :)

Here in Pamplona it's warm and sunny. Some thunderstorms here and there in the coming days but warm, warm, warm. :)

It's kinda exciting.

SooYunKim:

First, no one can predict the weather 5 days in advance accurately.

I am willing to trade positions with you rain or not.

Ultreya,
Joe

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You can ask for a typical Camino dessert, the "tarta de Santiago", graced with a Saint James cross. It is delicious.
Buen camino!

This?
Wow, this looks delicious. :^)

IMG_5720-605x400.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Soo-- The night before the day I crossed SJPDP- Roncesvalles the Office of Pilgrims was announcing rain, rain, rain for the next day. I never saw a drop. It was a beautiful, sunny day (28 May 2011), green grass, just lovely. Fast forward a year (28 May 2012) and I saw pictures from people who crossed on that day; 2 feet of snow by the side of the road, miserably misty and cold. Go figure.

Be careful and trust your instincts if you feel you need to stand back, but don't worry too much about things that are not under your control to begin with. Buen Camino!

Soo-- The night before the day I crossed SJPDP- Roncesvalles the Office of Pilgrims was announcing rain, rain, rain for the next day. I never saw a drop. It was a beautiful, sunny day (28 May 2011), green grass, just lovely. Fast forward a year (28 May 2012) and I saw pictures from people who crossed on that day; 2 feet of snow by the side of the road, miserably misty and cold. Go figure.

Be careful and trust your instincts if you feel you need to stand back, but don't worry too much about things that are not under your control to begin with. Buen Camino!

It is so true that no one can predict the weather on the Camino.
Many people said that it's very unpredictable and sometimes you can experience all four seasons in one day.
Weather is something that I have no power to control (I wish I do, though. ;)) just like so many things in life.
I guess I have to go with the flow.
I am 100% sure it will be fun and I will enjoy it. :D

Buen Camino and Happy 2 Birthdays! (My parents also celebrate the lunar calendar but I actually have NO idea when my lunar birthday is! I should ask them.)

Hope you have a deeply refreshing pilgrimage and Buen Camino!
Faith

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back