Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Weather in July?

AnnaMaria

Hello,

I was planning to start the camino in Sarria, on the 18th of July but suddenly I'm wondering: won't it be too hot in July?

I'm not an experienced walker (but maybe I will by then as I will do some practice) so I'm planning to do maximum of 20 km's a day. I'm also planning to leave early in the morning and stop in the afternoon, but still I'm wondering if it's a good idea, maybe I will better go in September?

AnnaMaria

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

ja2063

july weather

AnnaMaria: I've walked all or part of the camino 5 times during the month of July. It is hot but don't let that stop you. It's bearable. If it gets too hot just stop earlier on that particular day.

I've never walked the camino in September so I can't talk from experience about what its like at that time of year.

Peace

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I was hoping for a little advice. I would like to visit and attend mass as often as I can along my Camino. I’m not Catholic or even Christian. I understand that I should dress...
Hello - I see the post regarding "the way" movie are old. I have searched and searched and haven't been able to figure out how to stream the movie. I have found it listed on a couple of...
I watched this movie a few years back it was great "The Camino Voyage". It's now free on Amazon Prime. It's about some Irish fellows taking a traditional Irish boat rowing it to England, France...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon