A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Weather in May

I apologize for being a pain in the bum (as the kiwi saying goes) - but I have searched for ages and couldn't find anything reasonable and/or meaningful. Ok, there are statistics and so on, but that doesn't mean much to me.

I would like to ask pilgrims who have walked the Camino (St Jean to SdC) in May (that is starting with the 1st and ending with the 31st) about their personal experience with the weather.

Thank you.

Advertisment

omar504

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017,2018
Unless your plans are set in concrete you could consider the VDLP from Sevilla. I did this route last may and found consistent weather until a week before SDC when it rained one afternoon. Being May the CF is further north and the weather is less reliable-a bit like NZ(!)

marktqm

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2006)
Camino Frances in May

Howie,

I walked the SJPP-Santiago route 28 April to 31 May 2006. It was cloudy and windy crossing the Pyrenees, was sunny most of the time in Navarra, got rained upon only once before Logrono. Then it was scorching hot across the meseta until Cruz de Ferro (3rd week) where there was rain/hail/ sleet/snow(?), then sun again all the way to Santiago. Not a single raindrop through Galicia during that last week.

The flowers were blooming during that month, countryside awash with colors. No grapes ready for the picking though.

Mark Mulingbayan

A

Anonymous

May and early June have been the best ones for me, but then it all had to do with when I got my vacations, come rain/shine...

Buen Camino :arrow:

xm

Advertisment

weather

Last year i did camino frances with 3 HOURS RAIN! the 2nd last day.
afew cloudy days and one really cold day, but overall i am grateful for perfect weather.
dawn

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 142 26.3%
  • June