Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Weather Mid May?Mid June

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

paulmack

May/June on the Camino Frances

Hi all

I'm walking at the same time as Brad and also wondering what I should take with me. I've heard stories from cold rain to blistering heat compounded by threats of such crowds that I may end up sleeping in doorways or prohibitively expensive hotels. I did a couple of days trial last year and loved it so I am certainly not put off. However I do wonder whether I should put a tent in my bag (2kg) as an insurance or just a light plastic sheet.

Then again I could use the weight for a mandolin and a bottle of scotch!

May see you there Brad.

Paul

Dawn of a new Day

hi, this is dawn from canada. can you boys let me know about the weather, i am also doing the trail around the same time. I plan on starting at St.J. and finishing at finisterre. I am looking at 7 weeks.
dawn

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I as stated above, April/May may give you a bit of everything when it comes to the weather. Other than that, I can only point to some other weather related threads and some weather statistics.

This thread has some god information:
viewtopic.php?t=515

You can find some weather statistics (for Santiago de Compostela) on this page:
http://www.santiago-today.com/santiago- ... ebcams.cfm

Regarding tenting, have a look here for some earlier posts on this topic:
viewtopic.php?p=1755

Buen camino!

Ivar

Kathyonthego

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2020
I'm going then too. Leaving from Pandalona to Santiago. First time ever doing something like this. Thinking if doing a tour the first week. I fb followed someone last year who did this during may and June and he ran into snow!

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

OK. I’m feeling a little foolish. I just paid €21 for a tube of toothpaste and a roll-on deodorant. That's £17.75 back home. There would be a riot in Boots if that was the price for Colgate and...
I watched this movie a few years back it was great "The Camino Voyage". It's now free on Amazon Prime. It's about some Irish fellows taking a traditional Irish boat rowing it to England, France...
Last night I flew to New Zealand and when I was perusing the list of movies to watch I was surprised to see a movie, which I had never heard of before, about the Camino on offer. I quickly...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon