• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Weather

Catalinda

Maybe I just haven't gone far enough back in the forum histories, but I'm wondering what kind of weather to be expecting on the Camino Frances during June and July. I know that the days are going to be hot. I can handle that, I've been in Spain in June and July before.

What I'm really wondering about is the average nightly low. I ask because I'm about to go on my big shopping trip to buy most of my supplies, and I'm wondering if I should get a sleeping bag, or if a liner will suffice. I know what kind of temps I like to sleep in, I'm just wondering what are the actual temps going to be?

Ayudame, por favor!
Gracias!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Actually, it is not always hot on the Camino Frances in June!!! I had friends who walked last June and struck it hot, but in 2008 it was apparently the coldest June for ten years. I posted home my good windjacket, thinking that it would be warm now it was June and I was in Spain... and there were some bitterly cold days when I wished I still had it. I remember Azofra and Granon for particularly bitter winds!! The first warm days I struck were when I was nearly across the Meseta.

As far as night-times went though, I only had a light sleeping bag and it was always more than warm enough. There were plenty of people sleeping in the rooms who generated a goodly amount of body heat, and I never felt cold at night.
Margaret

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Muchas Gracias Fresco

This was exactly what I was looking for! :D

Kiwi

Thanks for the reality check. I know the summer I was in Spain, I was in Salamanca and it was blastedly hot most of the time.

Catalinda said:
I know that the days are going to be hot. I can handle that, I've been in Spain in June and July before.

One thing is to be visiting Spain (or anywhere else for that matter, in the heat). Another is to be walking with a back on your back, sometimes over long stretches where there is no shade, water, etc. The perspective changes radically! Anne

I am familiar with 40C in Texas July's so I don't worry about the heat. But I am concerned with sweaty tourists waiting in line for showers. I wonder if this is a problem.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
well mostly they will be pilgrims and there will only be many if there are many of them wanting a shower at any particular time

One of the pleasures with stopping after 5-6hours walking DougSR is to avoid these so called sweat tourists :cry:
What a pleasure it is to stop in the little towns , have a shower and go to lunch :)
I rarely saw sweaty tourists as they were more than likely in the hotels/pensions.

I did see many worn out , tired pilgrims who were indeed covered in sweat.
They were usually given water by the owners of the albergues on arrival , they showered and then washed their clothes,
You will come across this every day DougSR on the camino.

May i ask what deodorant you use ?? :D
We use Merino wool garments which actually help the sweat stay close to us and not others :)

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.