• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Web site for planning?

kmccue

Time of past OR future Camino
I used a great website that showed all the stages for Le Puy. It was NOT godelsaco...but it had a funny name. I need it, and I can't remember what it was? It had the stages and a good list of accomodations in each city

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I used a great website that showed all the stages for Le Puy. It was NOT godelsaco...but it had a funny name. I need it, and I can't remember what it was? It had the stages and a good list of accomodations in each city

I guess you are referring to the Miam Miam Dodo? :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
After walking this Camino with just a Michelin guide and some handouts from the Pilgrim office I would make one very strong recommendation. Even if you can't speak French, (I can't) get the Miam Miam Dodo guide. I don't need to get into a long explanation why but trust me you will be glad you did. I got my credential in the Pilgrim office in Paris and they sold it there as well as in Le Puy. Please buy it.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked Le Puy to Santiago in 2018 Spring. I used Gronze.com and Miam Miam Dodo. Miam Miam Dodo was very helpful. When I looked for the lodging, I looked for the Gite (they called albergue in France) Miam Miam Dodo indicated the Gite with British flag that mean someone able to speak English there, and the which gite can provide meals, etc. When I walked in the country site, there's not many restaurant/cafe were available; especially on May 1st, most of restaurants were closed, so I had a hard time on that day.
I purchased my credential at the gift shop in the Cathedral in Le Puy. If you arrive in Le Puy late, you can buy that on your way out after the pilgrim Mass at 6:00 AM. The gift shop open after the Mass at the Cathedral.

Please buy it.
@it56ny is referring to Miam Miam Dodo.

It is a most valuable resource to use when planning. I bought one and scanned (for my personal use only) the maps and gite listings.

But I most definitely was not putting it my pack: way to heavy.

And funnily enough I did not refer to the scanned material, except late on day three. The scale of the Miam Miam Dodo map as printed did not help me decide whether I veered ever so slightly right or just a bit more right than that. Another pilgrim was having a pause nearby: she took out her Michelin "Chemin a Compostelle" and was ably to clearly point out the way ahead.

Reached Nasbinals about an houre later and purchased a Michelin straight away. In four years it is still my goto for reference and rememberance.

@kmccue , kia kaha (take care, be strong, get going)

I use this one [my favorite] and Gronze (which is often more up-to-date : http://www.chemindecompostelle.com/Selection/CarteFrance.html

Also, there's a great FB group for the Via Podiensis with input from many people who have walked the route : https://www.facebook.com/groups/ViaPodiensis/

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Another vote for the Miam Miam Dodo guide, mainly for the whimsical cultural and historical insights and the up to date accommodation lists. But like Alwyn, I found the maps better on the skinny Michelin guide.

On my previous Caminos I mostly used cash to pay for lodging - what is the preferred protocol on the Le Puy?
It's pretty much cash only (unless you happen to have a French checking account) in the gîtes d'étape and other inexpensive places.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In 2016 credit cards could be used at private gite d'etape.

For debit/credit cards the transaction service provider usually needs a certain annual volume/value before installing the machines. And the service fee may reflect the volume/value.

It is unlikely that Municipal, Parish and Donativo gite d'etape will have a high enough volume/value to warrant offering customer payment by debit/credit card.

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back