• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wednesday Lunch in Santiago

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
If you are in Santiago on any Wednesday, please pop in for lunch! Starting 16th January I welcome all of you for a simple soup&salad lunch starting at 13:00 ;-) Vegetarian, dairy and gluten-free ;-) at Egeria House. How to find me see http://egeria.house/contact/ and, yes, if you tell me that you are coming, that would help with preparation tasks ;-) BC SY
PS No commercial interest - I only show the donation box if you ask for it - just come and eat!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hope to see you sometime during the first week of May.

Very, very nice of you.

Tom

If you are in Santiago on any Wednesday, please pop in for lunch! Starting 16th January I welcome all of you for a simple soup&salad lunch starting at 13:00 ;-) Vegetarian, dairy and gluten-free ;-) at Egeria House. How to find me see http://egeria.house/contact/ and, yes, if you tell me that you are coming, that would help with preparation tasks ;-) BC SY
PS No commercial interest - I only show the donation box if you ask for it - just come and eat!!!
Thats my day off Ms Yates book us in for the first and second week in September

Rectors J&L you are already booked in for September and I am sooo looking forward to seeing you two again!!! Hugs and abrazos from Santiago to you both and all of yours! SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you! Sure do hope to be able to visit November this year.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If everything works out as planned, we will be in SdC on 8 May and would love to meet you and the other pilgrims present at Egeria house.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Could I possibly impose upon you for a spot of floor space, rather than your delicious-sounding meal sadly 100% antithetical to the carnivore diet I need to follow for my health, and BTW I did use to love pure veggie dishes and would love them still were they not bad for me, crikey I used to cook for Parisian party-fuls of vegans & vegetarians (as a carnivore with my carnivore tastes), and I could still knock together a good high-protein Mediterranean veggie meal for many on demand at need ... (and my isn't that a rambling question) ... ?

Done that veggie cooking a couple of times on the Camino too

Starting my Camino on Thursday, might reach Santiago in about three months + ?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Could I possibly impose upon you for a spot of floor space, ...

Starting my Camino on Thursday, might reach Santiago in about three months + ?

Absolutely! When do you roughly estimate to arrive in Santiago? And, btw, no need to sleep on the floor ;-) I have beds in the house ;-) BC SY

Not sure at all about when, but not before end of April or later -- and thanks a million !!!

@JabbaPapa I might be full with chaplaincy volunteers by those dates BUT I have friends here in SdC who live the same hospitality as I do ;-) and there is always space on the floor as you said ;-) So, no worries!, either way, you have a place to sleep in Santiago ;) Buen Camino, SY

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm very grateful, as we old-fashioned and a bit impoverished and beggary Pilgrims can have some issues with finding places to sleep in Compostela ...

And I've been fed up with cheating at the Seminary for many years now

Your floor sounds lovely, and simply from experience, it sounds like ending up being my bed -- no worries, my Decathlon inflatable mattress and French military sleeping bag are both awesome and well fit to purpose.

Most read last week in this forum

The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.