A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Found! Weetie is found!

2020 Camino Guides

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
Hello all,
I wanted to update you on my son’s stuffed bear that we lost along the Camino back in May/June 2018!
SHE HAS BEEN FOUND :)
After recently going through some photos of our trip I zoomed in on a photo when we were staying at Bar Corisco in Mos/ Redondela and sure enough she was stuck between the beds that had been pushed together! We were able to contact Oscar and Anna via email who were so sweet and helpful. The next thing you know they are responding with a photo of Weetie!
They were more than willing to help us get Weetie home and she is now on her way having just passed through customs via UPS :)
Thank you to those of you who responded and were on the lookout for her! And if you are looking for a place to stay between Mos and Redondela, please consider Bar Corisco. We new it was a sweet and special place when we were there but this help they are willing to give us confirms that even more!!
Blessings to you on your travels,
Heather51634

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (2019)
And if you are looking for a place to stay between Mos and Redondela, please consider Bar Corisco.
Ooohhh, that's great news that Weetie was found! Your post last year was so heartbreaking! Hopefully it wil go through customs quickly and will arrive soon to tell you all the adventures it had along its longer camino! :D

And I was looking at some photos, I believe we stopped at Corisco to have some juice and coffee during our camino in 2017. The camino indeed has so many special moments!

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
Ooohhh, that's great news that Weetie was found! Your post last year was so heartbreaking! Hopefully it wil go through customs quickly and will arrive soon to tell you all the adventures it had along its longer camino! :D

And I was looking at some photos, I believe we stopped at Corisco to have some juice and coffee during our camino in 2017. The camino indeed has so many special moments!
Oh it was heartbreaking not only for my son who was missing a beloved friend he’d had since birth but for me who suggested he bring her along...and at night he’d ask, do you think we’ll ever get her back?! :(
It’s hard to believe it’s been almost a year! And with so many joys and wonderments we had some hard learned lessons on the Camino, truly life changing and so life and family affirming for us! Thank you for your kind thoughts!!!

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
A wonderful happy end! And so encouraging!

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
Have you told him that Weetie is coming back? Must be hard to manage expectations! Hopefully little bear will arrive soon and safe :)
We have! I don’t think he’ll believe it till he sees her. ;) thank you for your kind thoughts!

Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
She looks too slim after being on her own too long. Prepare some Spanish tortilla for her homecoming party. :)

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Definately proves there is still hope to be had in this world.....

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Has "Weetie" made it home yet??????

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
I thought of you and all who are happy to have Weetie home, today, looking at a tiny little child trotting along at the side of her mother, legs going like pistons, still not fully in control of them, and holding on to her version of Weetie! Is there anything more designed to draw the "Ah!" out of us than such a sight!

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Great news !

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
I thought of you and all who are happy to have Weetie home, today, looking at a tiny little child trotting along at the side of her mother, legs going like pistons, still not fully in control of them, and holding on to her version of Weetie! Is there anything more designed to draw the "Ah!" out of us than such a sight!
Oh so so true! Thank you for that visual and for thinking of us. It is good to have her back home. ❤ Such a simple object but such a powerful pull on the heart!

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
Hello again everyone! For those of you who followed this journey of ours, I wanted to share what I have begun about Wheetie's Camino story . Here it is for anyone interested in reading it. :)

Thank you again for all of your loving support during our first sad then joyous adventure!

Warmest regards,
Heather

Wheetie, A Camino Story.​

She is a smallish, off-white teddy bear. Nothing very special about her except that she isspecial to my son. She was a gift for him when he was born, along with many other stuffed animals, but somehow, she became the special one. Like other teddy bears, she has two furry, soft arms for hugging, two fuzzy, chubby legs for snuggling, two smallish black eyes and one tiny, black nose.

When he was old enough to talk, he named her Sweetie, except that when he spoke his small child speak it came out as “Wheetie”. Now, even though he can pronounce it correctly, she is still sweet and simple, Wheetie. She’s a bit ragged now with thinning fur from so much attention. Her limbs are no longer plump with stuffing but limp from being pulled and wrapped and carried about. All of this because she is so loved.

When he traveled places, from a simple overnight with Grandma and Grandpa to an adventurous journey across the Atlantic, he took her with him. For years and years, she always made it home with him, until the one time when she didn’t. This is her story.

It began when my son was packing for a once in a lifetime trip to Spain. Our small family of four was on our way to hike a portion of the Camino De Santiago De Compostela and his big, red backpack, more than half the size of him, was full to bursting. All of us were going to have to carry our own pack so it couldn’t be too heavy. It needed only the most important things in it. I had just walked into his room to check on his when I noticed Wheetie still cozied up on the fluffy pillow of his bed.

As I pointed out to him that he hadn’t packed her yet, there was only a brief moment of hesitation before he smiled, lovingly snatched her up and added her gently to the other belongings in his pack. She was family and she was coming to Spain too!

All along the journey she was there with us experiencing the absolute joys and unbelievable challenges of a two-week trek through quiet forests, noisy cities, and sunny coastal boardwalks. At the end of the long days of walking she comforted and was a constant companion. Until one day about two-thirds of the way through the trip my son finished the day only to realize that she was missing. Along the Camino the beautiful, at times seemingly endless, days were lovely and exhausting, and the mornings were early. Somehow among the franticness of one of those mornings, she had been left behind.

We felt disappointment and sadness and wanted so much to go back and find her, but we knew we couldn’t. There was a schedule to keep in order to finish our journey before we had to fly home. It was one of those times where we could let this one, sad moment change how we felt about our whole trip. Instead, we decided to remember all of the wonderful things that had happened and continued to happen as we found joy in the time we had remaining. Although we didn’t talk about it much, every day we had left there was a quiet acceptance of her absence. It was sad and I felt guilty for suggesting that he take her from his safe bed back home and bring her with us out into this big world. If I hadn’t said anything, she would still be home waiting for him to return. But, if we hadn’t taken the risk of bringing her along, he also wouldn’t have had the joy each day of having her with him. We finished the trip without her, arriving in Santiago, Spain after more than 100 miles of walking.

Back home, I reached out to my Camino community online and asked if anyone had found a smallish off-white teddy bear between the cities of Mos and Redondela, Spain? The response I received was huge and kind and caring. People said they would look for her, that their thoughts and prayers of someone finding her will happen, that she looked like such a loved bear and they hoped she and my son would be reunited. Sadly though, no one ever came back saying they had found her. When I would tuck my son into bed at night, he would often ask me if I ever thought he would see Wheetie again? That question was so hard for me to answer because I knew the truth was probably not; that she would never find her way back to him. But in my heart, I wanted so much to believe that by some miracle of kindness she would. I would say to him that there was always a chance that she would find her way back home. I wanted him to know there is kindness in this world, a kind of magic that works when our desires for good are so strong and so pure that what we think and believe actually comes true.

Not wanting him to get his hopes up though I would, with my next breath, tell him there was also a very good chance she wouldn’t. That maybe there was another child out there that needed her more than he now did, that it was time for her to bring joy to someone else. I hoped that it would help him to know that she was working her magic for another and that through this thought maybe he could let her go.

Months went by and slowly he stopped asking so often. It was while I was making an annual holiday calendar for the Grandparents using our pictures from Spain that I found the photo. One my husband had taken of me and our boys. I remember it vividly because we were pretending to still be asleep! The three of us all curled up in our individual sleep sacks squashed against one another in two beds we had pushed together to make more space in the small room. There between the beds and the jumble of mismatched pillows, patterned blankets, and off-white sheets was material of the same color but of a different texture. My heart leaped as I zoomed in as close as I could! What was left of her body that hadn’t fallen in the crack between the beds was right there for me to see that here is where Wheetie had been left behind.

I had found her right where we had sadly left her and hopefully right where she still was! There was so much excitement in our home and a little uncertainty too, wondering if they still had her. Afterall, it had been months since we had been there. I remembered the place. It was a sweet home run by a lovely, kind couple and I imagined, remembering both of them, that they would have kept her. They would have known that she was someone’s special bear to have made it all the way to their establishment. Their Albergue or Hostel was just a step off the Camino and hosted mostly Peregrinos or Pilgrims traveling to Santiago who carried in their large backpacks only their most important possessions.

With a mixure of translated words and a picture emailed to them of what Wheetie looked like, we waited. Until one day, in an email to us was a photo of a smallish, off-white teddy bear. It was her! They had Wheetie! I reached out again to my Camino community and where last time I had posted the word ‘LOST’ this time I wrote the word, ‘FOUND’! I had the biggest smile on my face and the lightest of hearts. The responses that came back to me were full of kindness, caring and excitement! They asked if she was home yet, said that this news was the best news all day, that this was wonderful, that they were so happy that Wheetie and my son would be reunited and that this definitely proves there is still hope to be had in this world.

It felt like forever as we waited, every day wondering if this would be the day she would arrive. It was about three weeks after seeing her picture in the email that we came home to find a package on our front step. In the car, we looked at each other with anticipation and excitement and as we headed towards the front door, my son raced ahead and quickly snatched up the package and ran into his room. I gave him a few moments alone before I slowly walked the few steps through the door of his bedroom. He looked up at me, holding her, smiling but not saying anything. He didn’t need to, his smile said it all. It was full of joy, of questions answered, of miracles realized. It was full of the light of knowing that our hearts and minds sometimes have the ability to make what seem impossible, possible.

That night, when I was tucking him in, he said to me as he clung tightly to Wheetie, “Remember how I always used to ask you if you thought I would ever see her again? I can’t believe I have her back. That she was in Spain all by herself and now she is here with me again”. Like so many nights before, she was snuggled up into the crook of his neck as he laid his head on her and fell fast asleep.

Of all the lessons this experience taught my son and our family, the most powerful was the one of kindness. The kindness of Oscar and Anna keeping Wheetie, knowing that someone would come looking for her. The kindness of our Camino community through their empathy and compassion for my son’s loss and our sadness and again through their excitement and joy for her return. Most importantly, the kindness we chose to show ourselves when we were feeling guilty for losing her. In asking ourselves if we wanted to see this experience through the eyes of love, we could choose to be kind to ourselves and know in our hearts that all would be well no matter the result. By doing this, we learned that in every moment we have a choice in how we let life’s experiences shape us, moment by moment.

The End

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Hello again everyone! For those of you who followed this journey of ours, I wanted to share what I have begun about Wheetie's Camino story . Here it is for anyone interested in reading it. :)

Thank you again for all of your loving support during our first sad then joyous adventure!

Warmest regards,
Heather

She is a smallish, off-white teddy bear. Nothing very special about her except that she isspecial to my son. She was a gift for him when he was born, along with many other stuffed animals, but somehow, she became the special one. Like other teddy bears, she has two furry, soft arms for hugging, two fuzzy, chubby legs for snuggling, two smallish black eyes and one tiny, black nose.

When he was old enough to talk, he named her Sweetie, except that when he spoke his small child speak it came out as “Wheetie”. Now, even though he can pronounce it correctly, she is still sweet and simple, Wheetie. She’s a bit ragged now with thinning fur from so much attention. Her limbs are no longer plump with stuffing but limp from being pulled and wrapped and carried about. All of this because she is so loved.

When he traveled places, from a simple overnight with Grandma and Grandpa to an adventurous journey across the Atlantic, he took her with him. For years and years, she always made it home with him, until the one time when she didn’t. This is her story.

It began when my son was packing for a once in a lifetime trip to Spain. Our small family of four was on our way to hike a portion of the Camino De Santiago De Compostela and his big, red backpack, more than half the size of him, was full to bursting. All of us were going to have to carry our own pack so it couldn’t be too heavy. It needed only the most important things in it. I had just walked into his room to check on his when I noticed Wheetie still cozied up on the fluffy pillow of his bed.

As I pointed out to him that he hadn’t packed her yet, there was only a brief moment of hesitation before he smiled, lovingly snatched her up and added her gently to the other belongings in his pack. She was family and she was coming to Spain too!

All along the journey she was there with us experiencing the absolute joys and unbelievable challenges of a two-week trek through quiet forests, noisy cities, and sunny coastal boardwalks. At the end of the long days of walking she comforted and was a constant companion. Until one day about two-thirds of the way through the trip my son finished the day only to realize that she was missing. Along the Camino the beautiful, at times seemingly endless, days were lovely and exhausting, and the mornings were early. Somehow among the franticness of one of those mornings, she had been left behind.

We felt disappointment and sadness and wanted so much to go back and find her, but we knew we couldn’t. There was a schedule to keep in order to finish our journey before we had to fly home. It was one of those times where we could let this one, sad moment change how we felt about our whole trip. Instead, we decided to remember all of the wonderful things that had happened and continued to happen as we found joy in the time we had remaining. Although we didn’t talk about it much, every day we had left there was a quiet acceptance of her absence. It was sad and I felt guilty for suggesting that he take her from his safe bed back home and bring her with us out into this big world. If I hadn’t said anything, she would still be home waiting for him to return. But, if we hadn’t taken the risk of bringing her along, he also wouldn’t have had the joy each day of having her with him. We finished the trip without her, arriving in Santiago, Spain after more than 100 miles of walking.

Back home, I reached out to my Camino community online and asked if anyone had found a smallish off-white teddy bear between the cities of Mos and Redondela, Spain? The response I received was huge and kind and caring. People said they would look for her, that their thoughts and prayers of someone finding her will happen, that she looked like such a loved bear and they hoped she and my son would be reunited. Sadly though, no one ever came back saying they had found her. When I would tuck my son into bed at night, he would often ask me if I ever thought he would see Wheetie again? That question was so hard for me to answer because I knew the truth was probably not; that she would never find her way back to him. But in my heart, I wanted so much to believe that by some miracle of kindness she would. I would say to him that there was always a chance that she would find her way back home. I wanted him to know there is kindness in this world, a kind of magic that works when our desires for good are so strong and so pure that what we think and believe actually comes true.

Not wanting him to get his hopes up though I would, with my next breath, tell him there was also a very good chance she wouldn’t. That maybe there was another child out there that needed her more than he now did, that it was time for her to bring joy to someone else. I hoped that it would help him to know that she was working her magic for another and that through this thought maybe he could let her go.

Months went by and slowly he stopped asking so often. It was while I was making an annual holiday calendar for the Grandparents using our pictures from Spain that I found the photo. One my husband had taken of me and our boys. I remember it vividly because we were pretending to still be asleep! The three of us all curled up in our individual sleep sacks squashed against one another in two beds we had pushed together to make more space in the small room. There between the beds and the jumble of mismatched pillows, patterned blankets, and off-white sheets was material of the same color but of a different texture. My heart leaped as I zoomed in as close as I could! What was left of her body that hadn’t fallen in the crack between the beds was right there for me to see that here is where Wheetie had been left behind.

I had found her right where we had sadly left her and hopefully right where she still was! There was so much excitement in our home and a little uncertainty too, wondering if they still had her. Afterall, it had been months since we had been there. I remembered the place. It was a sweet home run by a lovely, kind couple and I imagined, remembering both of them, that they would have kept her. They would have known that she was someone’s special bear to have made it all the way to their establishment. Their Albergue or Hostel was just a step off the Camino and hosted mostly Peregrinos or Pilgrims traveling to Santiago who carried in their large backpacks only their most important possessions.

With a mixure of translated words and a picture emailed to them of what Wheetie looked like, we waited. Until one day, in an email to us was a photo of a smallish, off-white teddy bear. It was her! They had Wheetie! I reached out again to my Camino community and where last time I had posted the word ‘LOST’ this time I wrote the word, ‘FOUND’! I had the biggest smile on my face and the lightest of hearts. The responses that came back to me were full of kindness, caring and excitement! They asked if she was home yet, said that this news was the best news all day, that this was wonderful, that they were so happy that Wheetie and my son would be reunited and that this definitely proves there is still hope to be had in this world.

It felt like forever as we waited, every day wondering if this would be the day she would arrive. It was about three weeks after seeing her picture in the email that we came home to find a package on our front step. In the car, we looked at each other with anticipation and excitement and as we headed towards the front door, my son raced ahead and quickly snatched up the package and ran into his room. I gave him a few moments alone before I slowly walked the few steps through the door of his bedroom. He looked up at me, holding her, smiling but not saying anything. He didn’t need to, his smile said it all. It was full of joy, of questions answered, of miracles realized. It was full of the light of knowing that our hearts and minds sometimes have the ability to make what seem impossible, possible.

That night, when I was tucking him in, he said to me as he clung tightly to Wheetie, “Remember how I always used to ask you if you thought I would ever see her again? I can’t believe I have her back. That she was in Spain all by herself and now she is here with me again”. Like so many nights before, she was snuggled up into the crook of his neck as he laid his head on her and fell fast asleep.

Of all the lessons this experience taught my son and our family, the most powerful was the one of kindness. The kindness of Oscar and Anna keeping Wheetie, knowing that someone would come looking for her. The kindness of our Camino community through their empathy and compassion for my son’s loss and our sadness and again through their excitement and joy for her return. Most importantly, the kindness we chose to show ourselves when we were feeling guilty for losing her. In asking ourselves if we wanted to see this experience through the eyes of love, we could choose to be kind to ourselves and know in our hearts that all would be well no matter the result. By doing this, we learned that in every moment we have a choice in how we let life’s experiences shape us, moment by moment.

The End
it is too early in the day for me to be crying, it is your fault! Is writing your day job? Thank you so much for painting the whole picture. I will carry it with me today on a trip I am making. What a lovely mental vista to keep me happy!

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Me too. Sniff sniff.
Ohhhhh, beautifully written, Heather. Wheetie's story so tugs at the heartstrings in the best possible way.
Have you thought of turning it into a children's book?

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Wheeties story is gaining some legs. Great follow up. I remember the original story well and certainly the story of his/her being found. Glad to see a happy ending to it all..........

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06

Warmest regards,
Heather

The End
Heather, I'd love to share this in my Camino group. Could I have your permission?

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Awww, such a beautiful and heartwarming story! It made my heart swell as I read each line and a smile is on my own lips now! Thank you for sharing this simple, yet remarkable story...it made my day!

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
What a lovely story, I’m so pleased that it worked out. These things are important.

One of my god-daughters (no kids and some cash - your friends form a queue to appoint you) who is now studying Chemical Engineering at Harvard, no mean achievement two generations out of poor social housing in the north of England, was first allowed to pack her own bag for holiday at the age of seven or eight.

(I know that’s the sentence from hell, but it’s understandable)

Her mum checked her bag to find it contained a pair of pants and a huge teddy bear. It travelled as packed.

Last edited:

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
it is too early in the day for me to be crying, it is your fault! Is writing your day job? Thank you so much for painting the whole picture. I will carry it with me today on a trip I am making. What a lovely mental vista to keep me happy!
Hi Kirkie,
I am so sorry that I made you cry so early in the day, but happy too since now I know I am not the only one who cries every time I read it. ;) I am so glad that I could paint that picture for you, that was my hope. Thank you for taking the time to read it!
Writing is not my day job...yet... but I do enjoy it, especially when I'm writing about something I am passionate about and/or love.
Blessings,
Heather

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
Me too. Sniff sniff.
Ohhhhh, beautifully written, Heather. Wheetie's story so tugs at the heartstrings in the best possible way.
Have you thought of turning it into a children's book?
VNwalking,
Thank you! I am so grateful for your thoughts and for your reading it. :) That was my hope for how it would be received...to tug at the heartstrings in the best possible way.
Yes, my dream is to do just that. Any thoughts you have are kindly accepted with gratitude. Thank you!
Blessings,
Heather

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
Wheeties story is gaining some legs. Great follow up. I remember the original story well and certainly the story of his/her being found. Glad to see a happy ending to it all..........
Hello Bob from L.A.,
I thought I recognized your name. ;) Thank you for taking the time to read it! Yes, so grateful for the happy ending.
Blessings,
Heather

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
"What should happen if you forget about me?" asked Pooh.

"Silly old bear, I won't ever forget about you," said Christopher Robin.
Hello Jeff,

Oh, this one gets me every time! Talk about tugging at heartstrings in the best way. This one and the one where they say, "If you live to be a hundred, I hope I live to be a hundred minus one day, so that I never have to live a day without you."
So grateful for your reading the story. :)
Blessings,
Heather

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Any thoughts you have are kindly accepted with gratitude.
No doubt many of us may have ideas! ;)
You and your son could give Wheetie a voice - going back and forth with your side and Wheetie's side.
And instead of the ususal kids' book illustrations, you can use your photos. Wheetie's real story as it unfolded...

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
Awww, such a beautiful and heartwarming story! It made my heart swell as I read each line and a smile is on my own lips now! Thank you for sharing this simple, yet remarkable story...it made my day!
Thank you, Camino Chrissy! I am honored that her story made your day. :) It was certainly a labor of love and one that filled my heart with so much gratitude both in the happening of it and in the writing of it.
Blessings,
Heather

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
What a lovely story, I’m so pleased that it worked out. These things are important.

One of my god-daughters (no kids and some cash - your friends form a queue to appoint you) who is now studying Chemical Engineering at Harvard, no mean achievement two generations out of poor social housing in the north of England, was first allowed to pack her own bag for holiday at the age of seven or eight.

(I know that’s the sentence from hell, but it’s understandable)

Her mum checked her bag to find it contained a pair of pants and a huge teddy bear. It travelled as packed.
Oh Henrythedog,

I LOVE this story! Both in the packing of the bag and in the leaving it just as it was packed. :) Sweetness. Thank you for sharing and thank you for your kind words!
Blessings,
Heather

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
No doubt many of us may have ideas! ;)
You and your son could give Wheetie a voice - going back and forth with your side and Wheetie's side.
And instead of the ususal kids' book illustrations, you can use your photos. Wheetie's real story as it unfolded...
Thank you VNwalking for your thoughts! I had considered using our photos and superimposing her into all of them as she had stayed safely in the pack during most of the photos. ;)

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)

Warmest regards,
Heather

The End
Hello again everyone!

I am finishing up my story about Wheetie and would like to add details as to what the Camino itself is, what the journey means to different people and why it is walked. I know everyone has different reasons, mine being that I was beginning the next half of my life and was soul searching for what that next half might be.

If any of you would like to explain what the Camino is or was to you, why you walked it and what the journey meant to you and wouldn't mind me including bits of it in my story, please reply to my post. I won't include names, just reasons for walking, heartfelt pulls to to something bigger or however you may explain the draw to the Camino.

Thank you for considering!

Blessings,
Heather

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (2019)
First I went for the adventure, then I went for the memory, then I went because it became part of me.

But omg, your story is so beautiful! I remember the original posts, you just put me to tears in the middle of the office! So happy for you and your entire family! Blessed the people that took care of her during her Spanish internship. Isn't is amazing how much love fits in that trail?

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
Thank you so much, Anamya!

I have only done one Camino, but I can understand all three of these reasons and can't wait for my next! We had met a mom during our trek and she said that she took her sons when they graduated from highschool...just her and them, one on one. I love that idea and since my oldest will be a senior next year maybe I'll be blessed to take another journey sooner than later. :)

I appreciate your kind words and thoughts! Thank you for taking the time to email and yes, truly amazing how much love weaves it's way through. My hope is that we can all live our lives off the Camino like we are still on it, surrounding others in that love.

My oldest son's highschool is in lockdown as I'm typing this which leads me right back to all of us needing more love so that we don't feel the need to resort to violence... More Camino, Less Hate.

Blessings,
Heather

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 50 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 179 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 294 24.7%
  • June

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.3%
  • September

Votes: 340 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 146 12.2%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock