A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Found! Weetie is found!

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
Hello all,
I wanted to update you on my son’s stuffed bear that we lost along the Camino back in May/June 2018!
SHE HAS BEEN FOUND :)
After recently going through some photos of our trip I zoomed in on a photo when we were staying at Bar Corisco in Mos/ Redondela and sure enough she was stuck between the beds that had been pushed together! We were able to contact Oscar and Anna via email who were so sweet and helpful. The next thing you know they are responding with a photo of Weetie!
They were more than willing to help us get Weetie home and she is now on her way having just passed through customs via UPS :)
Thank you to those of you who responded and were on the lookout for her! And if you are looking for a place to stay between Mos and Redondela, please consider Bar Corisco. We new it was a sweet and special place when we were there but this help they are willing to give us confirms that even more!!
Blessings to you on your travels,
Heather51634

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015)
Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (2019)
And if you are looking for a place to stay between Mos and Redondela, please consider Bar Corisco.
Ooohhh, that's great news that Weetie was found! Your post last year was so heartbreaking! Hopefully it wil go through customs quickly and will arrive soon to tell you all the adventures it had along its longer camino! :D

And I was looking at some photos, I believe we stopped at Corisco to have some juice and coffee during our camino in 2017. The camino indeed has so many special moments!

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
Ooohhh, that's great news that Weetie was found! Your post last year was so heartbreaking! Hopefully it wil go through customs quickly and will arrive soon to tell you all the adventures it had along its longer camino! :D

And I was looking at some photos, I believe we stopped at Corisco to have some juice and coffee during our camino in 2017. The camino indeed has so many special moments!
Oh it was heartbreaking not only for my son who was missing a beloved friend he’d had since birth but for me who suggested he bring her along...and at night he’d ask, do you think we’ll ever get her back?! :(
It’s hard to believe it’s been almost a year! And with so many joys and wonderments we had some hard learned lessons on the Camino, truly life changing and so life and family affirming for us! Thank you for your kind thoughts!!!

Via2010

Camino(s) past & future
06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
A wonderful happy end! And so encouraging!

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
Have you told him that Weetie is coming back? Must be hard to manage expectations! Hopefully little bear will arrive soon and safe :)
We have! I don’t think he’ll believe it till he sees her. ;) thank you for your kind thoughts!

Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
She looks too slim after being on her own too long. Prepare some Spanish tortilla for her homecoming party. :)

Bob from L.A. !

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Definately proves there is still hope to be had in this world.....

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
I thought of you and all who are happy to have Weetie home, today, looking at a tiny little child trotting along at the side of her mother, legs going like pistons, still not fully in control of them, and holding on to her version of Weetie! Is there anything more designed to draw the "Ah!" out of us than such a sight!

HSkogerson

Camino(s) past & future
Del Norte (2018)
I thought of you and all who are happy to have Weetie home, today, looking at a tiny little child trotting along at the side of her mother, legs going like pistons, still not fully in control of them, and holding on to her version of Weetie! Is there anything more designed to draw the "Ah!" out of us than such a sight!
Oh so so true! Thank you for that visual and for thinking of us. It is good to have her back home. ❤ Such a simple object but such a powerful pull on the heart!

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 40 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 136 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 224 24.8%