• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Weirdest/Strangest item someone has taken on the Camino

Mapanggulo

Time of past OR future Camino
I haven't done the Camino yet, the plan is to do it 2020 or 2021. So here for information/research.
A friend of mine that is just started getting into camping (she says its more Glamping though) & backpacking sent me this article.

What's the Weirdest Luxury Item You’ve Ever Taken Backpacking?

Just curious with all you experienced pilgrims out there what was the weirdest or strangest item you've seen someone taken with them on the Camino?

(apologize in advanced if this has been asked before...if so feel free to merge or delete this thread).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
As hospitaleros in Estella we had pilgrims bring and leave in the donation box:

a full boy scout cook set for 4 people along with gas bottles
a free standing sunshade

Also had pilgrims with a full make-up case, hairdryers, many bottles of creams/lotions, a compass. One pilgrim had 2 tents--One for winter and one for summer because he was unsure which he would need.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It’s so embarrassing – I’ve been that pilgrim. 😊 I brought a small wheeling suitcase full of books!!!

Mostly poetry, also essays by Jean Grenier, the mentor of my favorite author, Albert Camus. What was I thinking? Heaven help me, it seemed completely logical at the time. I couldn't imagine being without those books. But it was anything but logical. My thought, in the pre-Ivar world of very helpful forward posting to Santiago, was that I could mail my books ahead, but when I arrived in SJPP the post office was closing for the day. Then they explained there was no box to fit my case, which in any case was missing a necessary lock.

The wonderful hospitaleros at “L’Esprit du Chemin” in SJPP took one look at me rolling in with my pack and my shocking little suitcase and explained there was no way to cross the Pyrenees if I were to wheel it along. Yvonne, a Dutch volunteer and a veteran of many Caminos, kindly took my books home with her to Amsterdam, where she was returning the following day. I took a train to Amsterdam a month later, after completing the pilgrimage, to pick up the treasured books she so mercifully kept for me. While I brought her a Tarta de Santiago as thanks, it was completely inadequate for the extraordinary help and kindness she provided to a hapless beginner peregrina like me 😊

Here comes Robo's rice-cooker.

Awwh, but God love him, he never actually took one with him and only asked about it because rice was his missus' preferred food and he wasn't sure it would be readily available en route. You've gotta admire someone who puts his beloved front and centre like that.

But the memory of his query lives on and I doubt it will ever fade from our collective memory. 😂

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I was watching a hiking video and the guy was making a very convincing argument for bringing a super light folding chair. I gave it a lot of thought because sitting on the ground sucks and getting up is becoming embarrassing.

Has anyone seen pilgrims with chairs?
No and those camping chairs are not always very comfortable. I did have one when I camped that made my sleeping pad into a backrest, but not an actual chair. I don't take a sleeping pad on the Camino...

I was watching a hiking video and the guy was making a very convincing argument for bringing a super light folding chair. I gave it a lot of thought because sitting on the ground sucks and getting up is becoming embarrassing.

I once had a set of straps which purported to convert a thermarest camping mattress into a form of chair, albeit still on the floor. It was utterly useless.

I haven't seen one on the trail myself, but Litesmith.com has a backsupporting, but flush to the ground, option called a QuikBack UL Chair at 75 grams, which could be coupled with a folding sitmat for a further 25 grams. However, it wouldn't solve the problem of getting up. (And on that point - I hear you!)
1661370231050.png

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Bubble wrap....on the seating theme... (in the reduce reuse recycle mode)- but it gets some strange looks when I pull it out of my rucksack- but certainly not the weirdest item I have seen people with

I have seen folks carrying a rice cooker on the camino ( and enjoyed eating some rice cooked in it) (poor Robo) and also a wok strapped on the outside of someone's pack

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Full disclosure: I took a small, but HARD-covered, volume of inspiration quotes on my first camino, starting from Pamplona. I quickly realized the error of my ways and posted it home in Estrella, along with another 2 kg of flotsam and jetsam. 😌

Here comes Robo's rice-cooker.
Peg asked me why I was laughing so hard.
Awwh, but God love him, he never actually took one with him and only asked about it because rice was his missus' preferred food and he wasn't sure it would be readily available en route. You've gotta admire someone who puts his beloved front and centre like that.

But the memory of his query lives on and I doubt it will ever fade from our collective memory. 😂
Pretty close to what I told her before reading this.

May Robo be a living legend for a long time and then beyond.

a free standing sunshade

Also had pilgrims with a full make-up case, hairdryers, many bottles of creams/lotions, a compass. One pilgrim had 2 tents--One for winter and one for summer because he was unsure which he would need.

OK, so what's wrong with a Hairdryer?

I carry a small one for Pat...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
On my first camino for sentimental reasons I carried a beloved stuffed moose!!

Not full size but as bulky as a sleeping bag! The moose, known as Mo, shortened from Mousse au chocolat, was a large toy which long ago I gave to my father for his 90th birthday. After my father’s death Mo came back to me. In 2004 he traveled in a stuff sack deep within the pack. Although disguised as a ‘pillow’ he was in truth my silent confidante during that first challenging camino.

We both made it to Santiago but once with a moose is enough! Ever since Mo stayed on his shelf at home and we mentally 'tweeted' as I walked.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

We both made it to Santiago but once with a moose is enough! Ever since Mo stayed on his shelf at home and we mentally 'tweeted' as I walked.

You only allowed Moose one Camino? That's cruel. :oops:

Mr Bean comes with me every time! :)
(though like me he's on a diet, as he weights 85 gms)

What were the washtubs actually used for? Bathing feet? :rolleyes:
That and washing their clothes. When they started out they didn't realise they find bowls in many of the refugios so they bought their own. They'd both been in the IDF and said that "there's nothing like like soaking your feet after a day's route march"
They became known as the "ninja mutant pilgrims - hikers in half a shell"
We lost contact with them after a few days but I like to imagine they carried them all the way to SdC and that there's a red and a blue washtub still doing sterling service in Haifa or Jaffa to this day.

Actually there are mini rice cookers enough for 2 that weigh 1.3kg… which is lighter than the DSLR at 1.5kg (mine, with 35mm lens, also weigh exactly the same!). There is also microwave rice cooker at 570g, I have seen this used at a friend’s house, it works!

In Asian hiking community, rice is pretty good camping food as you only need to bring a small amount and the volume doubles once you cook it 👍🏻 Or just bring the rice and cook in a pot in places with communal kitchen.

Also I heard Albergue Orion in Castrojeriz frequently serves up bibimbap 😋

I confess I carry about 2.5kg dog related items. She also drinks way more than me and would finish her 500ml water, dips into my 500ml water, and sometimes have to share the water from my camelback!

Actually there are mini rice cookers enough for 2 that weigh 1.3kg… which is lighter than the DSLR at 1.5kg (mine, with 35mm lens, also weigh exactly the same!). There is also microwave rice cooker at 570g, I have seen this used at a friend’s house, it works!

In Asian hiking community, rice is pretty good camping food as you only need to bring a small amount and the volume doubles once you cook it 👍🏻 Or just bring the rice and cook in a pot in places with communal kitchen.

I confess I carry about 2.5kg dog related items. She also drinks way more than me and would finish her 500ml water, dips into my 500ml water, and sometimes have to share the water from my camelback!
Can confirm the bibimbap at Orion, I stayed there 10 days ago. Highly recommended! In some ways bibimbap seems like the perfect pilgrim meal: rice for carbs, meat and egg for protein and fat plus lots of veggies.

I’ve seen a pilgrim carrying a full-size guitar this summer.

a free standing sunshade

😳

Rice cookers are not uncommon these days on the camino. I have met at least 10 people with them.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Can confirm the bibimbap at Orion, I stayed there 10 days ago. Highly recommended! In some ways bibimbap seems like the perfect pilgrim meal: rice for carbs, meat and egg for protein and fat plus lots of veggies.

I’ve seen a pilgrim carrying a full-size guitar this summer.
Have also seen guitars, banjos, a flute and Keyboards!

Rice cookers are not uncommon these days on the camino. I have met at least 10 people with them.
Yes, and FYI... @Robo actually DID bring a rice cooker on his first Camino with Pat along.

And BTW, I am loving this thread.🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
How about a cello? Years before my first Camino, Dane Johansen carried his cello on the Camino and, with Tristan Cook, made a film.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
He did?
I thought that he considered it, but ultimately decided against it.
@Robo can you confirm?
Trecile, I remembered he had brought it. To confirm my memory I did a search @Robo, then put in "rice cook". Eventually you come to his threads and the replies he received and made. He never brought it again.

Trecile, I remembered he had brought it. To confirm my memory I did a search @Robo, then put in "rice cook". Eventually you come to his threads and the replies he received and made. He never brought it again.
Actually, he never brought it beause while testing it pre Camino it "blew up."

Now you may recall the big debate over Rice Cookers that went on for a couple of years, till the Rice Cooker decided to blow up during pre-Camino testing :eek:

Now don't laugh. :oops:

When I was planning my first Camino in 2014, (for 2015) having joined this wonderful forum, I raised the question of taking a Rice Cooker.

Why you ask?? :eek:

Well, my wife is Thai and basically lives on a diet of Rice. Sure she can eat other carbs, (though she is not that keen on bread). But if you had been brought up on a diet of bread, or potatoes or pasta, and could not eat them for 6 weeks, you might miss them like she misses her rice. She even eats rice for breakfast!

Now the couple of times I walked the CF, Rice was not actually available that much on menus. A few frozen Paellas maybe. So you start to get the idea? I would take a Rice Cooker. "Happy wife, happy life" and all that. And to be honest, a bit of fresh rice now again would go down well with me too.

So a couple of years ago I found a tiny Rice Cooker on line. It only weighs about 850 gms. And for the last couple of years I have been tossing up taking it on our Camino next year or not. Last year, on a short 9 day Camino, we used a coil and cup to cook noodles for Pat at breakfast time. But Rice would be much nicer and more appropriate 'fuel'. particularly over our planned 50 day journey next year.

So like most Camino addicts I spend the non walking time planning the next Camino. I have our packing lists almost finalised. I have scoured the World for appropriate gear and gadgets. I even have those little bottle clips that David recommended! I might do a video on all the water carrying stuff I have tried out!

But the Rice Cooker? 850 gms?

Every time I go through our packing lists it stands out.
Like it's nagging me.
Tempting me.
Wanting to be moved from the 'maybe' column to the Rob's pack column.
Without it, I am at 8.1 kg and Pat is at 3.5 kg.
She's small, bad feet (PF), can't carry much .......
Can't put it in there....

Do I take out the Coil and cup and put the Rice Cooker in?
The net difference is +500 gms.
Do I take out my sleeping bag and just take a liner?
Net difference 200 gms.
Take out the Trekking Umbrellas? 220 gms each
Take out Mr Bean my trekking companion from my first Camino?
85 gms. No way :eek: That would be gross disloyalty........ He comes too.

We have discussed that if the weight is too much for me. I also have bad feet (Achilles T)
I can ditch the Rice Cooker.
But then.........
I need to also take the coil and cup for cooking noodles as our plan B.
Back to square one :(

But heck. What is one to do on a rainy spring day but go through packing lists and weigh gear.....

I'd love the option of steaming things along with Rice, to make a change from the Pilgrims Menu Diet.
So that's it.

Next I wondered how to trim down to the weight of the cooker.
I don't need the small plastic (keep it warm) cap for the steel pot. Out....
I don't need the little carry bag. Out......
I don't need the little handles for the steamer plate. Out......
Maybe I can even buy a lighter weight power cord?
I managed to shave off another 30 gms

Then I wondered how long it would actually take to cook a cup of Rice.
You see it's never been used.
So time for a field trial.....:)

Cup of Rice,
top up with water......
Plug in.....
Power on..........

BANG :eek:

Lights go out.............

Rice Cooker is dead.

Decision made :D

The Camino provides :rolleyes:

How about a cello? Years before my first Camino, Dane Johansen carried his cello on the Camino and, with Tristan Cook, made a film.

Met him at Roncevalles in 2014. Usually the cello was in the Van carrying the film crew.

But in 2014 There was the guy from India pulling a rickshaw that his wife rode in because she caught him cheating on her.
2014 I was in SJPDP and in Santiago with the German guy who walked the entire way wearing a White Linen suit and Fedora hat. Carried his pack all of the way. And wore leather dress shoes.

And The Israeli guys who carry ALL of their Kosher food and their Kosher cooking pots--they said 40 kilos. Picked their packs and they were HEAVY.

Swedish woman who carried her stuff plus 20+ kilos of SPECIAL dogfood for her two giant dogs.

My wife has a travel, gnome (doll), called punk baby, that has been with us for many trips , from Easter Island to and of course the Camino de Santiago from SJPdP to Santiago

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Actually, he never brought it beause while testing it pre Camino it "blew up."
Great research @trecile.

I'm not surprised to hear that. There are some very small dual voltage rice cookers on the market today. My friend recently hosted an international student who brought one with her. Tiny thing it was, but very efficient and the student used it every day. Weight was about 1 lb.

Attachments

• 1661442557625.png
    1661442557625.png
    314.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

I too can confirm the bibimbab at Orion although according to a Korean gentleman who was there same time as I was, it was "a poor imitation"

Attachments

• 20220606_180855.jpg
    20220606_180855.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
A friend of mine that is just started getting into camping (she says its more Glamping though) & backpacking sent me this article.

Just curious with all you experienced pilgrims out there what was the weirdest or strangest item you've seen someone taken with them on the Camino?

(apologize in advanced if this has been asked before...if so feel free to merge or delete this thread).
I have never felt the need to take any luxury item on a backpacking trip. But someone thinks that a Digeridoo and inline skates are useful on the Camino Frances.
IMG_20160605_085008281.jpg

Yes, I saw a cello too, I was flabbergasted …astonished that a man was schlepping one on his back! But it wasn’t in May.

View attachment 131569

That’s Matt from Northern Ireland and his solar-powered muffin oven. He also had a portable speaker attached, playing ABBA at the time we met him.
Well that pretty well takes the biscuit! I wonder what the low slung gaffa tape and shock cord rings were for?

OK, so what's wrong with a Hairdryer?

I carry a small one for Pat...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
At times I wished I brought a hair dryer as it would have been so handy drying clothes 😁 by the way as well as good weather we had torrential downpours and snow

according to a Korean gentleman who was there same time as I was, it was "a poor imitation"
Maybe he can donate a dozen stone bowls for the albergue so they can cook REAL bibimbap (the hot stone bowl is supposed to crisp the rice at the bottom hmmmmm).

You know, one of the best things in life is eating a bowl of “just cooked” rice.

€46,-

I think the pilgrim from Argentina that took a cobblestone from Paris to drop at the Cruz de Ferro. I don't know why ... maybe he thought he had a lot of sins?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I met this guy in 2016. He was "raising awareness" of the plight of Syrian refugees. He'd carried it from SJPdeP to Santiago, was on his way back to SJPdeP and was then heading home to Barcelona with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2852.JPG
    IMG_2852.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Consider instead a different way to get up (and sit down).

Take a look at this: The Spiral - it takes a bit of practice but you soon get the drift. When you think about it it's pretty much the way infants rise up from sitting cross-legged on the ground.

TIP: if you have a bunch of coins in one of your pockets do not roll onto that thigh!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In 2018, while I was part of a volunteer team of hospitaleros at Refugio Gaucelmo at Rabanal, a young Argentinian pilgrim stayed with us. He walked with balloons attached to his pack as he wanted to make people smile and to spread happiness on the Camino. He certainly achieved it - here he is:
890C3E48-0E78-4E3C-A2A5-A5099D5736D0.jpeg
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

In 2018, while I was part of a volunteer team of hospitaleros at Refugio Gaucelmo at Rabanal, a young Argentinian pilgrim stayed with us. He walked with balloons attached to his pack as he wanted to make people smile and to spread happiness on the Camino. He certainly achieved it - here he is:
View attachment 131645
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny
That's a great way to reduce the weight of the pack too...

But someone thinks that a Digeridoo and inline skates are useful on the Camino Frances.
More than one someone! In 2015 this young fellow was in the cohort from Roncesvalles. A few days later, he was limping badly (knee injury) when I approached from behind. The path was slippery with leaves, and of course he didn't have walking poles, because he had no hands free. So I traded a pole for his digeridoo and accompanied him to the next rest stop. He then had plans to make his way to some port and get a ship to South America where he would use the digeridoo for busking.

Attachments

• 20151017_122031.jpg
    20151017_122031.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 20151017_134135.jpg
    20151017_134135.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 112
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Young late teen from Denmark called Mads ( in case he ever reads it ) brought his laptop with him.

2 days later he was going to try and post it home from Pamplona ... not sure if he had problems coz of the batteries but still...

My pack was 13+ kg that year but I think we all take too much first time up

Not full size but as bulky as a sleeping bag! The moose, known as Mo, shortened from Mousse au chocolat, was a large toy which long ago I gave to my father for his 90th birthday. After my father’s death Mo came back to me. In 2004 he traveled in a stuff sack deep within the pack. Although disguised as a ‘pillow’ he was in truth my silent confidante during that first challenging camino.

First day out of SJPDP I came across this woman. Is that a short necked giraffe? I can’t tell.

Attachments

• 4E4BEA3F-E8BF-4419-8D31-3C985122B326.jpeg
    4E4BEA3F-E8BF-4419-8D31-3C985122B326.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 118
I didn't see it myself but I remember being very puzzled by the story of the "Ginger Vicar" who walked the Camino Frances with a surfboard. Wouldn't the Norte have been a better choice for a keen surfer? :)

My son and I chatted to a Mexican Pilgrim in the Albergue in Santander. He was carrying a surfboard and a guitar and, like us was walking the del Norte. We never seen him again

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A girl in an upper bunk across from me had a jar with water and a floating-bobbing plant/animal in it. She had it placed on the ledge next to her and she was gently tapping the jar and talking to it. A few of us watched her for a bit and finally someone asked her about her item and the jar of water. She said it was her pet and it traveled with her. It went to the bottom of the jar during the day and floated to the top for air at night. She said it kept her company along the Camino. I have no idea how she was able to successfully transport it while walking 35 days.

My favorite so far is the muffin oven. And is that a full roll of duct tape strapped to his side? I think this guy was terrified of being away from the comforts of home or of things going wrong.
I guess everybody takes their fears with them (mine was a fear of lack of coffee. So I was part of the coil club, but I don’t think that’s to weird?].
View attachment 131569

That’s Matt from Northern Ireland and his solar-powered muffin oven. He also had a portable speaker attached, playing ABBA at the time we met him.

I don't know how many times I've had to tell people that any place that has an airport has shops to sell anything you think you might need. Only thing you can't buy after you arrive is the data on your computer/phone. I'm always amazed at the size of the luggage being towed by flight crew on their way to a stay of less than 24 hours.

As hospitalero, I was also amazed at the quantity of abandoned walking shoes, towels, sleeping bags, alpine poles, etc.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A girl in an upper bunk across from me had a jar with water and a floating-bobbing plant/animal in it. She had it placed on the ledge next to her and she was gently tapping the jar and talking to it. A few of us watched her for a bit and finally someone asked her about her item and the jar of water. She said it was her pet and it traveled with her. It went to the bottom of the jar during the day and floated to the top for air at night. She said it kept her company along the Camino. I have no idea how she was able to successfully transport it while walking 35 days.

I wonder if that was a Kombucha ‘plant/mould’ thingy?

I've posted this picture before. This man stayed at the Parador in Leon. We tried stopping there for breakfast, but were not allowed in the restaurant. We saw him checking out at reception as we left the hotel. His clothes were quite quirky and unique.🙄
Screenshot_20220827-130616~2.png

My partner brought a travel water pik but sadly it blew up on first use as neither one of us thought about the different voltage…. after all dental hygiene is very important 😬

€46,-
I carried nearly a kilo of alpaca yarn (in various green shades) to knit a self designed sweater while walking as well as during stops and before/after meals... And I will bring the same amount again in November. I haven't decided on colour (many shades of one colour) yet - any suggestions?

A nice warm colour … to counteract the grey skies 🙂 and make you feel cosy 😉

All the colours of autumn?

I'm torn between the single cup size moka pot carried by the Italian signorina

View attachment 131555

and the two Israeli lasses each with a wash tub on their pack

View attachment 131554
You remind me of a man I saw who was walking south on the Camino Portugues while I was heading up to Santiago in 2019. He looked like he was encased in some sort of barrel and had so many items hanging from him, like an old fashioned tinker. Wish I had been quicker and had taken a photo of him. It was an outstanding sight!

Last edited:

4 caminos - never

I carried nearly a kilo of alpaca yarn (in various green shades) to knit a self designed sweater while walking as well as during stops and before/after meals... And I will bring the same amount again in November. I haven't decided on colour (many shades of one colour) yet - any suggestions?
Bright red

The most unusual item I brought, based on the fact that I didn’t see anyone else carrying one, was my 3 lb and 3 oz (with lens) Nikon D800 DSLR. It weighed the same as my Osprey Stratos 36L pack.
Off subject but I have the same pack and will be walking April/May 2023. Did you carry it on the plane or check it?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back