• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Well, I'm off for a little walk, then.

• Thread starter Deleted member 39850
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 39850

Today is the day.
I've had my farewell with my beloveds.
The house-sitters are on their way for our meet-n-greet.
I've misplaced my glasses...
I've packed the boots I said I wouldn't because Dear Spouse said that I had to have them and that he would carry them if I wouldn't.
I have my stupid 2 pounds of meds that I won't need but have to carry.
And I have the tablet so that on rest days I can work on a grant that suddenly came up and has my research office drooling and *pushing*.
My first call in Madrid will be to my much loved Boy, at home. Then to my mum. And a text to Spouse to let him know if I have my luggage and can start my way north to him.
Buen Camino everyone.
Please ask whatever powers you believe in for my small family to be OK.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I second that.^^^
Savour and enjoy every step.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Today is the day.
I've packed the boots I said I wouldn't because Dear Spouse said that I had to have them and that he would carry them if I wouldn't.
And I have the tablet so that on rest days I can work on a grant that suddenly came up and has my research office drooling and *pushing*.
My first call in Madrid will be to my much loved Boy, at home. Then to my mum. And a text to Spouse to let him know if I have my luggage and can start my way north to him.
Buen Camino everyone.
Will do as you ask. Buen camino, Morgan.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A Blessed farewell and Camino, Morgan. Keep breathing and relax when things go a bit awry. . . . and remember that most adversity or complications on your pilgrimage will likely be only temporary, and look better after a good night's rest :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A flight delay allows me to thank you all.
I saw my first fellow walkers at the airport though they were headed to SPDP via Paris... I wished them Buen Camino and felt that my journey really had begun.

Much as gracias pot todos! Ultreia everyone.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A flight delay allows me to thank you all.
I saw my first fellow walkers at the airport though they were headed to SPDP via Paris... I wished them Buen Camino and felt that my journey really had begun.

Much as gracias pot todos! Ultreia everyone.
Hey, enjoy Morgan!!! :)

Today is the day.
Buen Camino everyone.
Buen camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Have fun.

I'm always curious that some people call home as soon as they arrive at their destination. My partner used to insist on it - but I'm like why - if the plane fell out of the sky they would know it would be on TV! If my plane had been involved in an incident I would call, but otherwise we are obviously OK - but jetlagged and tired - and sometimes just can't be arsed getting a phone (or email) working immediately on arrival. I'm all about making sure people do't expect me to contact them - that way they don't get all upset if I don't, and are happy if I do LOL

Today is the day.
Buen Camino everyone.
Those boots and half the meds will be sitting on a table in some Albergue before you get to Logroño.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Morgan, relax and enjoy the peace and joy on the Camino, allow yourself to meet the other pilgrims and learn from them and their stories.
Buon Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Today is the day.
Buen Camino everyone.
Buen camino

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back