• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Well I'm off then . . .

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
The time is finally here for my caminho! I leave in the morning for a couple days in Lisbon then Fátima, Tomar, and Porto then start walking to Santiago de Compostela along the coastal route. I hope to see all of you out there and will make sure I say hi. Watch for the bald guy with the gray handlebar mustache, here I come!

I will be trying to communicate with family and friends at this link. Feel free to stop in and say hi.
https://findpenguins.com/mikesavage/footprint/57c4f55caf1127-68417234

Bom Caminho!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you everyone for the well wishes! I do plan on enjoying every step, every moment, every encounter and every challenge. Oh, and every meal too. I love Portuguese food, maybe because my Mother is Portuguese American :rolleyes:

Buen Camino, Mike. Savour every step.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Enjoy! Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The time is finally here for my caminho! I leave in the morning for a couple days in Lisbon then Fátima, Tomar, and Porto then start walking to Santiago de Compostela along the coastal route. I hope to see all of you out there and will make sure I say hi. Watch for the bald guy with the gray handlebar mustache, here I come!

I will be trying to communicate with family and friends at this link. Feel free to stop in and say hi.

Bom Caminho!
Wish you a wondefull journey Mike.
All the best , Peter.:):)

Bom Caminho!

I'm also using the Find Penguins site, and find that it's easy to use and suits my needs.
I like that it automatically maps my journey. As you're walking you can quickly drop a "footprint" and save it as a draft to edit later when you have more time.
Here's mine https://findpenguins.com/iwillwalk500miles

Thanks Mike and Trecile, Find Penguins looks like a very good site. I've just signed up for it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Been Camino! With all my heart I wish you a wonderful walk.

Here is what I wrote on my Facebook page this morning "I'm wishing this morning, that we were walking the Camino. I've been eyeing the route that begins in Lisbon.-- But no, school starts this morning, and the kitchen ceiling needs washing, the porch floor needs painting... Time to find my camino here in Brooktondale... maybe I should paint yellow arrows on the porch floor..."

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Buen Camino !

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I will be following your Camino with great interest so hope you write lots of posts. We hope to walk the Portugese coastal route next year and I am trying to get a feel for it. Buen Camino (haven't got into the Portugese version yet.)

May see you on the other side if you live near Salt Lake City. Going up to pick up a puppy from a friend out past Provo in October.

Wish you, your bald head, and your handlebar a Bom Caminho!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Bom Caminho!
Buen Camino! :)

Wishing you a great Caminho, and a wonderful few days in pre-Caminho mode. Lisboa is a great city for loosening up those leg muscles, the ups and downs never stop. I'm always on the lookout for new places to eat in Lisboa, so let us know if you stumble into some great hidden gem. I'm no sardine expert, but I think you will catch the end of sardine season. Bom Caminho, may those cobblestones be kind to your feet, Laurie

Bom Caminho!
Hi mike walked Lisbon to santiago in may this yr fantastic,rec,medival bar in tomar &the hostel 2300.walking out of Porto rec,tonys bar 0n the coast walk,try the frangeillo liqueur omg I was hooked,have fun Mike m.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I walked in 2012. The route was not well marked at start. Fatima is blue arrows. I also called in to Fatima. It was May 13th. A special celebration. 100,000 people there. Stay free with the bomberos on the route.

Bom Caminho!

I am planning for end of September to start in Porto for San Sebastian. Is there anybody who can tel me haw many kilometrs of walk I have to arrive San Sebastian and how many days are involved to arrive to San Sebastian.
Regards, Bruno Gombač

Doing the Portuguese route in April 2017, just over 200 days now...
Hi ZREXER, If everything goes as planned, will be doing the Portugues route as well April 2017 just after Easter. Plan to follow the Coast but might try some interior depending on the weather conditions. Will be finalised when I get there.
All the best. Ko. Z

Hi ZREXER, If everything goes as planned, will be doing the Portugues route as well April 2017 just after Easter. Plan to follow the Coast but might try some interior depending on the weather conditions. Will be finalised when I get there.
All the best. Ko. Z
Thanks for your message.I hope to do this route in May before summer. Have a nice camino and best regards.Bruno48

Hey Mike, you're on a roll here. Any plans to complete a Camino hat trick next year?

I would love to Simon! I think it would be better to spend some time with my wife though and maybe volunteer in the Pilgrim Office. :)

Any new walking plan for you?

We are planning Camino Portuguese coastal next year around the same time (Sep). I'll visit your blog and see the itinerary. Did you veer off to do the Variante Espiritual route? How was Tomar? We plan to start from Porto, but I was hoping to visit Tomar first. Ohh...volunteering in the Pilgrim Office. Very tempting place to start another Camino on a whim ;)

No I did not veer off. Tomar was a nice small town and I enjoyed visiting the church and castle both. Well worth the stop.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back