• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Well, I've done it again...

OTH86

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x 2, 2017, 2021, 2022
Only this time, no planning -- on a whim (?) I'm leaving for the Camino Frances in a week - 26 Sept! Seattle to Vancouver to London to Biarritz to Bayonne to SJPP. Hope to start walking on the 28th or 29th via Valcarlos. Seven weeks! :):):):) Any tips on getting last minute flights to Biarritz from London that aren't too expensive? Will have 1 carry-on bag. Thanks!!
:)Terry:) HAPPY!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Only this time, no planning -- on a whim (?) I'm leaving for the Camino Frances in a week - 26 Sept! Seattle to Vancouver to London to Biarritz to Bayonne to SJPP. Hope to start walking on the 28th or 29th via Valcarlos. Seven weeks! :):):):) Any tips on getting last minute flights to Biarritz from London that aren't too expensive? Will have 1 carry-on bag. Thanks!!
I am assuming you have already have gotten your tickets, but if not have you priced on cheapo air direct from Vancouver BC to Biaritz?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks! Almost - Vancouver to London as cheap as I've ever seen, & Stansted to Biarritz also cheap!!
If you don't mind me asking ,what airline did you book out of Vancouver? I'll be booking soon to London. (first leg is out if Victoria to Vancouver). Usually I book British Air, but always looking for bargains. Thanks. And Buen Camino!

Did you take into account the 1.5 hour bus trip from Heathrow to Stansted?

http://www.nationalexpress.com/en/airports/heathrow-airport.aspx
Actually I'm arriving at Gatwick at 11.30 on the 27th, and will overnight in London (some place not too expensive :rolleyes: and fairly convenient) since Ryan Air leaves at 14.05 on the 28th. That flt arrives in Biarritz at 17.05 - is there a train to SJPP that day - I don't know how long to get from BIQ to Bayonne station. But it will be either overnight in Bayonne or in SJPP - have stayed in both places so it's all good! Thanks for the reminder of the long transfer between airports in London!! Also, I have an Oyster card that is "topped up", doesn't that get me a bit of a discount on some transport around the city?

If you don't mind me asking ,what airline did you book out of Vancouver? I'll be booking soon to London. (first leg is out if Victoria to Vancouver). Usually I book British Air, but always looking for bargains. Thanks. And Buen Camino!
See PM

Actually I'm arriving at Gatwick at 11.30 on the 27th, and will overnight in London (some place not too expensive :rolleyes: and fairly convenient) since Ryan Air leaves at 14.05 on the 28th. That flt arrives in Biarritz at 17.05 - is there a train to SJPP that day - I don't know how long to get from BIQ to Bayonne station. But it will be either overnight in Bayonne or in SJPP - have stayed in both places so it's all good! Thanks for the reminder of the long transfer between airports in London!! Also, I have an Oyster card that is "topped up", doesn't that get me a bit of a discount on some transport around the city?

I took hotel in Stansted.

Chronoplus bus #14 from Anglet Airport to Gare Bayonne. The last bus that will get you to the train leaves before you will be clear of airport.

SNCF TER train #62 from Bayonne to SJPdP. Unfortunately last train is 1806. AM 0745.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I took hotel in Stansted.

Chronoplus bus #14 from Anglet Airport to Gare Bayonne. The last bus that will get you to the train leaves before you will be clear of airport.

SNCF TER train #62 from Bayonne to SJPdP. Unfortunately last train is 1806. AM 0745.
Thanks so much!! Exactly what I've had on my list to look for in one tidy little packet! So it's overnight in Bayonne, and start walking straight out of St Jean! - well, after a visit to the Pilgrim Office!

Oh, you naughty peregrina :D

Nice to hear that, Terry!

It's still manageable to catch the last train that day. The bus ride from BIQ to Bayonne train station will be approx. half an hour. If you can't catch it either stay at Monte Carlo Hotel (http://hotel-montecarlo.allcommerces.com/) across the street from train station or at nice private place (I've stayed there this year before my Via de Bayona) Eloixa Hospital at Rue du Luc 13 just behind the cathedral and monastery in Bayonne which is a short walk from train station over the river. The telephone number is +33/689/334-830. Eloixa stands for Eloise in Basque. Or: eloixa@gmail.com. It was 20€ without breakfast. Your own room which is actually in the apartment of the Eloixa (name of the woman owning the apartment, 30+ years old, with son, into dancing etc.), with "shared" bathroom. Very nice atmosphere not to mention the location!

Ultreia ;)

Oh, you naughty peregrina :D
Nice to hear that, Terry!
Ultreia ;)
Wonderful, @KinkyOne ! Thank you SO much!! I think I won't hurry for the train, and will try to stay at Eloixa Hospital - it sounds very nice!
Things seem to be falling into place, and I'm grateful, very happy and really looking forward to meeting the lovely people along the Frances I've gotten to know over the last three years. I've been so envious of @mspath and all her friends who have welcomed her so warmly every year! And the walking - day after day - with the butterflies and snails and farmers who wave... AND there's the church of Santa Maria de Eunate - who I may get to see again - what joy!!
Buen Camino all! Terry

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.