Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

LIVE from the Camino We're open in Nájera !

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021
Has the albergue gone through any upgrade / renovation? My wife and I stayed there in 2015. There was a single sleeping room with 46 bunk beds (92 beds overall) and it was nearly full the night we stayed there. The ventilation was poor and it was hard to sleep with that many sharing a single room. There was only three showers in the men's room and one was not working, making for very cramped conditions. Then during our following camino in 2017, we learned that the municipal in Najera was shut due to major outbreak of bedbugs. Hopefully things are much better now. Bob

Becky 59

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2018, 2021
Camino Ingles (Aug 2019)
Has the albergue gone through any upgrade / renovation? My wife and I stayed there in 2015. There was a single sleeping room with 46 bunk beds (92 beds overall) and it was nearly full the night we stayed there. The ventilation was poor and it was hard to sleep with that many sharing a single room. There was only three showers in the men's room and one was not working, making for very cramped conditions. Then during our following camino in 2017, we learned that the municipal in Najera was shut due to major outbreak of bedbugs. Hopefully things are much better now. Bob
Yes there was a major remodel, reducing the beds by about half; they just re-opened in October of this year. In the words of Rebekka Scott, "it's more humane now".

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

WestKirsty

Past OR future Camino
Del Norte (July 2016)
De San Salvador (August 2017)
Hi! I hope to walk a week or so along the Camino Frances over the Christmas break. Ive started contacting Albergues and one in Estella told me they're fully book for a few days when I hope to be walking!

Does anyone know if you can reserve a bed in Nájera? Ive tried emailing but no answer...

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Hi! I hope to walk a week or so along the Camino Frances over the Christmas break. Ive started contacting Albergues and one in Estella told me they're fully book for a few days when I hope to be walking!

Does anyone know if you can reserve a bed in Nájera? Ive tried emailing but no answer...
Hi,
Have you tried all the Najera albergues listed in Gronze; their opening dates are listed under each photo.

Good luck and Happy Christmas!

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Open at the municipal in Nájera and ready to welcome you!
View attachment 114334
Please post a note on my Facebook Group at this link. I have new pilgrims joining every day.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads