• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Were you there in the 60's? A pilgrim song for you

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Just occurred to me that if one said "Santiago" in one's head when Scott McKenzie sings "San Francisco" then this would be marvellous pilgrim song for those of us who were Hippies in the sixties!

I so loved that time (at least, I think I do, can't remember that much :))

do try it!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A bit twee for me David. Still listen to Cream though and their live album from the reunion gig at The Royal Albert Hall will be accompanying me (On Spotify of course). Crossroads, We're Going Wrong....... trying to think of a few more appropriate ones. Counting Crows 'Holiday in Spain' is a good one too. You realise I won't be able to sleep tonight now don't you!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A bit twee for me David. Still listen to Cream though and their live album from the reunion gig at The Royal Albert Hall will be accompanying me (On Spotify of course). Crossroads, We're Going Wrong....... trying to think of a few more appropriate ones. Counting Crows 'Holiday in Spain' is a good one too. You realise I won't be able to sleep tonight now don't you!
On the road again.Canned Heat.

just let me fetch my kaftan and daisy chain for my hair (I have photographic evidence somewhere)... the 1960s 'Hippie Years' I so do remember that time - home from school to watch the moon landing, my first protest march, a president assassinated, a prime minister vanished, the doomsday clock, womens lib, civil rights movement... some great poets and authors, singers and songs, spiritual teachers...

It was a time of great promise (and heartbreak)... or were we just young and all filled with ambitious possibilities ?

See what a simple tune stirs up in the soul... :rolleyes:

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Just occurred to me that if one said "Santiago" in one's head when Scott McKenzie sings "San Francisco" then this would be marvellous pilgrim song for those of us who were Hippies in the sixties!

do try it!!

I was giving a patient of mine quite a cup full of pills one morning. He made like he was going to take the whole bunch at once. I asked him if he was ok taking that many. He replied, "honey, I'm from the 60's, we are the experts in taking pills" I laughed so hard, I had to sit down. I love that song.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Okay:
Walk Like a Man
Walk on By (Lurve Dionne Warwick)
These Boots were made for Walking
Walking back to happiness
For the 96: You'll Never walk Alone

Love it David!! I may sing it for a good part of the way next time. Thank you.
The rest of the time I'll be singing On the Way Again and Peter's list - except for Walk Like a Man (not sure that one works for me).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
OK hands up all those for whom today ALL day the words:
If you're going to Santiago
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

have been going round and around and around in your heads... o_O

David & Peter thanks for the memories! I was 17 at the time. Will sing all of them on my 3rd stage (Burgos)of Camino Francis in September. My son worked in San Francisco Summer 2007 while a college student. He attended 40th yr celebrations of Summer of Love held in Golden Gate Park. He & friends enjoyed it so much and he knew a lot of the songs from that era that his Mam had taught him!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Currently on their final (probably) tour. Otway is still a nutter, Barrett is still a musician. Its no wonder they get on so well :rolleyes:

When biarritzdon mentioned 'Can't find my way home' it took me back to Cropredy 4 or 5 or6 years ago listening to a brilliant set by Steve Winwood. Encore of Gimme Some Lovin as I recall.
Do you think people get bored listening to people ramble on about gigs?:confused:

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm off to see Curtis Eller tomorrow night (New York's greatest yodelling banjo player). Sorry, rambling....
Our next one is Jools Holland and the rather wonderful Ruby Turner, at the equally wonderful Philharmonic Hall in Liverpool, assuming my legs still work, as it's post Camino.

This song--and "I Left My Heart in SF" --remind me of my dad, who was born and raised there. We used to take a lot of family vacations to SF. One of my favorite cities in the USA.
Oh, do come visit! I live about 50 miles north and would love to host you if you make your way here! There is no place like The City!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

do try it!!

Out of courtesy I won't sing any song while other are near. While on my own "Forever Young" Bob Dylan or Rod Stewart were covered followed by "Miles From Nowhere" from Cat Stevens. I did have to reword these songs because of living through the Sixties in the Bay Area..... Ultreya........ Willy/Utah/USA

do try it!!

First song I ever learned on guitar in 1973. I was 11... Ha ha ha ha.....

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
OK hands up all those for whom today ALL day the words:
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

have been going round and around and around in your heads... o_O
My hand was already up as I read the first post in this thread.

My hand was already up as I read the first post in this thread.
A cartoon in the Sunday Paper: Having a song stuck in your head is just karaoke for the voices in your head.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As I approached the albergue in the amazingly-named village of Albergueria on the VdlP in 2012, I was greeted with "Blowing in the Wind" playing through the speaker outside the bar, ....but the Kingston Trio version! I guess that will tell you I was no hippie in the 60's. But that song got to me. Recommended for quiet moments. (That's the bar with scallop shells all over the walls and ceilings).

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back