• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

West Australian group meeting

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Reminder: This is for anyone in WA interested in the Camino de Santiago, just to let you know that our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 29 May 2016 from 0900 onwards.
If you are in town, please feel free to come along and join in and tell us your Camino plans or share your Camino stories.
We will be the noisy/lively bunch at the back of the Cafe.

Reminder: This is for anyone interested in the Camino de Santiago, just to let you know that our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 26 June 2016 from 0900 onwards.
If you are in town, please feel free to come along & join in and tell us your Camino plans or share your Camino stories.
We will be the noisy/lively bunch at the back of the Cafe.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello all WA Camino lovers! I hope to see everyone at KP on Sunday. I returned from my Camino last month having walked the final 200km with a broken foot. It is healing well and I have now committed, with another Camino forum member from Darwin (Donna Sch) and two other friends, to walk the Oxfam Trailwalker in September. If you are not familiar with this, it's a 100km hike in the Perth hills which must be completed in 48hrs. We are hoping to finish in under 30hrs. Obviously, being for Oxfam, this is a fundraising event. As fellow walkers I hope you will consider supporting us in raising funds to find sustainable solutions for those who live in poverty, something none of us will ever likely experience or understand.

To offer your support go to
https://trailwalker.oxfam.org.au/my/team/25721

Many thanks, Cathy

Reminder: This is for anyone interested in the Camino de Santiago, just to let you know that our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 31 July 2016 from 0900 onwards
If you are in Perth on the day, please feel free to come along & join in and tell us your Camino plans or share your Camino stories.
We will be the noisy/lively bunch usually at the back of the Cafe.

Hi Cas, I can't make the meeting this month as I am going to Busselton to speak to a community group about the Camino. Could you please pass on a HUGE thank you to Rosemary, if she is there, for very generously supporting my Oxfam walk. Rosemary, if you read this, I did find you on Facebook and sent a message of thanks. I'm not sure if you got it but hope so. Cathy

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Cathy, I hope you enjoy your sojourn to Busselton and spreading the word. If Rosemary comes to KP, I will pass on the thanks. Cas

Reminder: This is for anyone interested in the Camino de Santiago, just to let you know that our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 25 September 2016 from 0900 onwards.
If you are in Perth on the day, please feel free to come along & join in and tell us your Camino plans or share your Camino stories.
We usually are the noisy/lively bunch at the back of the Cafe.

Good work Spectre9......I will pin message to top of groups.,..susanawee

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Reminder: This is for anyone interested in the Camino de Santiago, just to let you know that our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 30 October 2016 from 0900 onwards.

Reminder: Just to let the interested people know that our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 27 November 2016 from 0900 onwards.

Here we go again - a new year, your next reminder to let you know that our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 29 January 2017 from 0900 onwards.
We are the noisy/lively bunch usually at the back of the Cafe.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for putting this notice up to the group Cas. Looking forward to seeing lots of new faces, answering any questions you may have and, sharing in your excitement re forthcoming Pilgramages and also, sharing in some stories of recent journeys. If you have questions re gear, packing, type of pack to buy etc. etc. etc.....this is the place to come to. Hope to see you on the 29th...susanawee.

Reminder: Our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park is on 26 February 2017 from 0900 onwards.

We are the noisy/lively bunch usually at the back of the Cafe, but for a change (and some requests last time) we will be outside this time.

Reminder: Our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 26 March 2017 from 0900 onwards.
We are the noisy/lively bunch usually at the back of the Cafe, but now we will be outside.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Reminder: Our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 30 April 2017 from 0900 onwards.
We are the noisy/lively bunch usually at the back of the Cafe, but may be outside this time (weather permitting).

Reminder: Our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 28 May 2017 from 0900 onwards.
We are the noisy/lively bunch usually at the back of the Cafe, but may be outside this time (weather permitting).

Reminder: Our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 24 June 2017 from 0900 onwards.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Reminder: Our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, is on 30 July 2017 from 0900 onwards.

Reminder: Normally, our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, would be on 27 August 2017 from 0900 onwards. However, as a number of us are doing the Perth City to Surf Fun Run (don’t worry, I am walking 12 km NOT running), this month’s meeting will be held on 3 September instead.
Please note that, while the ‘official’ meeting is on 3 Sept, Heather has indicated that she will be at Botanicals Cafe on 27 August at the usual time.
As this is not the usual situation, would those of you attending either meeting, please give me some indication of your attendance, so that I can advise the Cafe management of likely numbers.

Reminder: Our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, will be on 24 September 2017 from 0900 onwards.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Reminder: Our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, will be on 24 September 2017 from 0900 onwards.
So that will be on Sunday 24th September?

Alan

Our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, will be on 29 October 2017 from 0900 onwards.
We are the usually lively bunch now near the front of the Cafe, but though we may be outside (weather permitting).

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Reminder: Our next monthly get-together at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park, will be on 26 November 2017 from 0900 onwards.
To assist Cafe management with providing enough seating on the day, could you please indicate whether you are attending or not by Wednesday.
We are the usually lively bunch near the front of the Cafe, though we may be outside this time (weather permitting).

I have not yet posted the reminder (next weekend), but there will be a get together on 31 December, from 0830/0900 onwards at Kings Park, though I cannot say how big it will be as it is New Years Eve.

I have not yet posted the reminder (next weekend), but there will be a get together on 31 December, from 0830/0900 onwards at Kings Park, though I cannot say how big it will be as it is New Years Eve.
Thanks! and just recalled I'll be in Nornalup over the NY...so will keep an eye out for the January meeting if it's before the 30th.

The January meeting should be on 28 Jan, though again it will be a long weekend, as it follows Australia Day on Friday.

Next Sunday, being the last Sunday of the month, is supposed to be a regular meeting in Kings Park, Perth. However as it is New Year's Eve, I do not expect the usual crowd, but we will be there between 0900 and 1000 to see/talk to any who do show up. If no-one comes, here is wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Prosperous New Year.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The January meeting should be on 28 Jan, though again it will be a long weekend, as it follows Australia Day on Friday.
I think I'll be in Perth the last week in January, so I hope to meet up, (first time for me).

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back