• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Western Australia Camino group meeting

Alexandra

Time of past OR future Camino
2019 Porto to Santiago.
A few of us who have walked in Spain have decided to " test the waters" for a local group for those who have walked in Spain , or those who are contemplating such a journey. Our first gathering will be on Sunday 23rd of October at The Merchant , 17 South Terrace, Fremantle at 2.30pm. We look forward to hearing all your stories.
Sandra.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sandra,

all the best with this. I have forwarded the info to a couple of the Camino Salvado #2/2011 pilgrims that I know have walked the Camino but don't appear to be Forum members.

Regards,

Thanks for doing this. It's a great idea, and it
sounds like fun. I'm looking forward to it.
These chats are one way of
overcoming the tyranny of distance when
Sandgropers feel a little apart from the rest
of the world.
I'll email my contacts with the details.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Well done Sandra, enjoy your get together! Janet

You''ve certainly started something, Sandra.
I've had many responses and have
email addresses for those who want to
be notified of future meetings. There's
such a lot of enthusiasm out there, we
should have done this years ago.

i will try and get there but may be a bit late -no excuse to miss as live in north free .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As a former resident of Perth WA and veteran of four Caminos; 2 in Spain, 1 in Austria, and the other in Italy, I wish you all the very best of success!

Photos from my latest Camino in Spain to inspire those that will follow:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1094336834 ... tiago2011#

Regards

Neville

We had our first West Australian meeting last Sunday. There were 14 at this event , and we hope to have another meeting in January. I will post the date as the time approaches.

All who attended thought it was a great idea, and I'm sure our numbers will swell. It was encouraging to have some very experienced Peregrinos present. If anyone wishes to contact me, you can PM me.

Well done. It is great to just sit and talk "Camino" isn't it? Best wishes Janet

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I also enjoyed our cafe meeting last Sunday. So many West Aussies interested and have walked the Way .
Yesterday for the first time in my life I gave a presentation and photo show on the Camino Santiago de Compostela to a women's club in Perth. I was very nervous before the talk but once I started I felt my Camino enthusiasm taking over and all was well. They said they felt they were walking along with me . My life has changed since walking my four Caminos I would never have had the nerve to stand up and talk before.
Yess!!
Heather

If anyone is interested we are planning another coffee, chat afternoon at the Merchant Cafe, South Terr. in Fremantle on Sunday 29th January 2.30 to 4.30. Sandra and I look forward to meeting you all.
Feel free to pm if you have any questions.
ultreya
Heather

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi fellow West Aussies,

I'd like to be kept informed of when meetups will be. I'm going to be hiking the Camino Frances in just under 30 days now, very excited! Would love to meet others who have completed the hike or are in the planning stages.

Cheers
Frances

Hi Frances
Unfortunately the cafe we used for our meeting place closed suddenly and we have been unable to find another as suitable. I leave in 21 days for Seville and the Via de la Plata,excited but nervous!
Alexandra or myself will be happy to chat as we have both walked the Camino Frances. I know of a few people starting from Perth in mid April .
It is an amazing experience.
Buon Camino
Heather

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Karin,

As Heather mentioned ,we lost our meeting venue. I will post on here when we find another. Heather is on the VDLP at present . Hopefully, by her return, the original meeting place will have reopened. I will post on the Forum when we have another date. Feel free to PM me if you wish. Have you already walked the Camino?

Sandra.

The venue for West Australian meetings is still unavailable. I thought I would post that info in case anyone wishes to contact me . I have changed my username ( previously Alexandra) as I had difficulty reregistering after I seemed to become unregistered yet again. I will post when we find a venue.

Sandra.

Hello, a friend and myself will be walking the Camino starting in StJdP on the 23d May.
Have just discovered this part of the forum, and am sure when we get back it would be great to catch up with people who have walked it also.
Have got so much vaulable information from the site aleady.

Sue.......

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Buen Camino Sue

Frank
Melbourne

I was considering walking the Camino several years ago, then my marriage fell apart & it got put onto the back burner. I'm now again looking at the possibility. I'm just wondering if any Perth people can recommend which local stores might carry the type of light weight pack that would be suitable? Looking online hasn't really shown me anything I thought was great.
I've been keeping an eye on here in case a meeting might come up.
Thanks, Lisa.

Hi Lisa,

You may have already sourced your backpack but if not, i found my ospray kestral 38 to be an excellent buy. You can find them at Paddy Pallins in Perth (though i brought mine online cause it was significantly cheaper)...definitely try as many on as you can and get them to put weights in it so you know what it will feel like.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am planning to walk the Camino for the first time in Sept/October 2012. Will there be a meeting in WA before then?
Is there anyone else planning to do the walk at that time?

We should def have another meeting.... Heather are you back yet? any news on the cafe - is it open again yet? could we find another cafe if not? - all the ones i know are a bit far south....

Hi Busybee,

Yes, Heather has returned . We have spoken about another coffee meeting, but still have not got a venue. As far as I know, The Merchant is still closed. The numbers were growing anyway, so maybe we need a bigger place. Hopefully, we can find a venue. I go to Spain in Sept.

Sandra

Good news Busy Bee and All
We can have our meeting at Benny's Bar/Cafe, 10 South Terr, Fremantle . They can let us have tables at the rear from 3 until 5 (between their busy periods) Sunday 5th August.
Hope to catch up with you there.
Heather

Fantastic - thanks so much for organising Heather - see you there :D

Brilliant! I'll definately come down. See you all then :D

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi there

I would like to come along with my friend Mary. We leave to do the camino mid Sept and would be great to hear some stories of those that have done it already.

Tracey :D

Hi ......am planning to walk the French Camino in September with my sister and have been browsing this forum for ages gathering info....so I was really delighted to find this thread ....and how timely for me! I still have so much planning to do......getting there/clothes/shoes etc so I am going to come along hoping for advice!

It will be great to meet you all and I will be so envious that you have still to go and I have already been this year.
see ya
Heather

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for organising the meetup Heather, what a brilliant turnout! It was so interesting to hear others stories and experiences, each journey really is so individual. Hopefully some of those about to head off on their pilgrimage gained whatever info they were searching for. I am always available if anyone ever needs a hand, particularly with gear (I get rather excited about outdoor equipment).

See you all at the next one!
Frances

Good afternoon,
With reference to the above, could someone from this group, please contact me via email to give me some more information about The Western Australian Group. My name is Sue, I live in Cottesloe, am planning to travel along the Camino at some point next year. I have just Registered with the Camino de Santiago de Compostela forum and saw this post on the daily newsletter.
Regards,
susanawee@gmail.com

Apologies for not making it, I have been unwell the past week!! Not happy about that as it is now only 35 days until I leave for my Camino.

Was there a recent meeting?: Western Australia Camino group

I have a handful of camino friends that would be interested in this group; have walked, walking or about to walk ................... so was there a recent meeting?: Western Australia Camino group???

I have walked twice 2007 & 2011 and many thoughts on future options.

I have given few talks with photos at Glyde In East Freo as endless interest in Camino. An annual get togehter on or near Feast of St James could be a perpetual date for the calendar.

The AFOTC is the Aust website http://afotc.org. The association has Aust. Credential available .

Look forward to some replies

redhat
Our last meet up was 5th August at Bennys and over 30 people turned up. I thought perhaps the Italian Club in Fremantle might be ok with free parking but there will be a charge to book. also Sunday is very busy so perhaps Saturday might be better. If any of you have any better ideas let me know. It is not a formal meeting just a place where we can all share our experiences with others.
Heather

Thinking of doing the Camino Frances next year. Is there a meeting of the Fremantle Camino info group scheduled soon? Would love to talk to others about it/hear experiences.If anyone knows of a date/venue would appreciate it. K

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Can you let me know when the next meeting of the Western Australia Camino Group is being help. I am planning on making the journey in April 2013.

I too am interested in a WA meeting. I am off on the Camino Frances either late Marh 2013 or early September 2013. I will start in SJDP.

Hi to all Sandgropers
I have booked the back of Benny's cafe,South Terr, Fremantle from 10-12 am on Sat 17th Nov for another get together. Hope to meet some of you there. My Camino buddy Sandra is in Salamanca at present on her big walk from Granada so can't be with us this time .
Look forward to hearing about this years Caminos.
Cheers
Heather

Just a reminder to interested West Aussies about our get together next Saturday 17th at Bennys in South Terr, Fremantle 10-12. Look forward to catching up.
Heather

I'll have to miss this one unfortunately Heather, I went and broke my leg a few weeks ago so getting around is a tad difficult :D

See you at the next one for sure!

Sorry about that Frances. Hope you heal quickly.
See you next time. Probably January and we can hear all about Sandra's Camino from Granada .
Heather

Would love to be at this meeting but will be in Broome until Sunday, 18th. Am leaving to begin my Camino, on May 12th, flying into Madrid and then on to Pamploma.
Hopefully, I will be able to meet some of you at your January Get together.
Regards, Susanawee.....Sue Morris.

Have just joined forum.
Would love to attend next one. We are walking the camino Late march early April 2013.
Just working out how to get there from Perth at the moment.
Cheers

Hi Max44 & Welcome

We travelled from Perth March 2012 and found this was the easiest and cheapest route:

Flying Emirates Perth to Paris
Train to Bayonne
(Overnight in Bayonne)
Local train to St Jean Pied de Port (very beautiful early in the morning)

After we flew Santiago to London then London back to Perth with Emirates
Emirates had no problem with a return ticket arriving in Paris and leaving from London.

Good luck with your planning

Hello

Flights & travel depend if you are starting in Roncesvalles or St Jean?

SJPDP - Agree with other posted comment as I also flew Emirates to Paris.
& took train 1 week later to SJPDP via Bayonne but no stopover in Bayonne
- the trip takes all day with an early departure from Paris . St Jean is lovely & worth extra time .

If you are starting in St Jean once you have dates & flights book a palce to stay in St Jean.
& also book Orisson after that there is no need to book as lots of options

Ifstarting at Roncesvalles you need to decide if you fly to Spain ; Emirtates fly to Barcleona & so does Singapore airlines & then get to Pamplona & bus to ronscevalles. Trains go from barcelona to Pamplona. QATAR airways has good offers .

Don't be phased if getting to the starting point of your camino requires a bit of planning and may take 2 days travel once in European city - so allow the time and have a gentle first day of walking .

Thank you both.
I will fly to Paris as I want to start at SJPDP.
The train sounds good. Its a long trip so I may see if there is a "sleeper"
I guess i will have to find a room somewhere overnight.

I did think of London and the tunnel... I am not really interested in Paris. Only the art gallery and the tower...maybe some coffee in a cafe..

I think the weather shouldnt be too bad this time of year and I am taking a sleeping bag as well

Once again thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Merry Christmas All
Hi Max
On my first Camino I flew to Paris CDG walked downstairs in the airport to the train station and after a wait caught the TGV to Bayonne,I think it was via Hendaye . It got in after 10pm so stayed the night there and caught the early train to St Jean next morning. I found the long train journey after the long flight exhausting though.
In 2011 flew again to Paris,stayed the night in a basic hotel near the airport and next day caught the 2pm flight to Bairritz,getting in at 3.30 or thereabouts. I was less exhausted but hanging about waiting for airport bus to the hotel was a pain. If I had been with someone I would have taken a few days in Paris but alone I just wanted to get started walking.
Hopefully we will arrange another Camino group meeting for the end of January.
I'm sure you will enjoy your first Camino. I am now addicted. 1st May I plan to fly to Barcelona and start from Somport.
Heather

Thanks Heather,
I forgot, my name is Terry.
It seems there are a few options. Getting there will be part of the fun.
I have 3 months I could end up anywhere. I will still be walking/working there when you are over there in May.

Terry

if you have no interest in being in Paris skip it; there are a few alternate options.

ie fly into Biarritz with Ryanair from Stanstead get the airport bus to Bayonne train station, where you then get a train to St Jean.

Check CSJ webiste or this website for suggestions;

http://www.csj.org.uk/planning.htm#start
St Jean Pied-de-Port
&

traveling-to-from-the-camino/

To reach St Jean Pied-de-Port: either fly to Biarritz with Ryanair, take the airport bus to Bayonne station, then the branch line train (up to 6 per day in summer) to St Jean; or take the Eurolines coach to Bayonne. Or the Eurostar to Lille, then change onto the TGV which skirts Paris to Bayonne.

Additional information on travelling to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port or other starting points, and for getting home again,taken from the CSJ's Guide to the Camino Francés.

regards .

Hi Terry,

I walked from SJDP to Santiago 3 years ago. I flew Singapore airlines ( from Perth) to Paris, arriving about 7am. I then got the Air France bus to Montparness to get the TVG to Bayonne. I seem to recall arriving at about 9.30am and got the TGV at about 10.30am. The TVG took about 5 hours to Bayonne. That day the connecting train to SJPP was cancelled, but a bus was waiting to collect passengers and I arrived in SJDP at about 5pm. I apologise for not remembering exact times , but it was 3 years ago ! I then stayed 3 nights in SJPP to recover from jet lag and have a good wander around this lovely village. In SJPP I stayed at Hotel Ramuntcho, 1 Rue de France.

I realise not everyone agrees with staying 3 nights to recover from the long flight, but I have always found it beneficial. Recently I walked from Granada to Finisterre, and I had 4 nights in Granada before commencing my Camino.

Good luck with all your preparations.

Sandra.

[quote="I realise not everyone agrees with staying 3 nights to recover from the long flight, but I have always found it beneficial. Recently I walked from Granada to Finisterre, and I had 4 nights in Granada before commencing my Camino. [/quote]

Sounds like a good idea. I was going to get some rain gear etc close to the start. Its way to expensive in Perth. I got some north face gear in Nepal for $40 and its $289 here.
Plus, I will see what the climate is like closer to my trip. I have to buy it anyway, so why carry it with me.
Thanks for your reply Sandra

hi all...have recently joined the forum & started my research for a return trip this year, thanks Terry for the link!!....would love to come along to the next meet up & share info, thinking of the C.Norte / Primitivo or poss Vdl plata....hoping also to find someone to practice my ever-decreasing Spanish language skills with!! look forward to meeting fellow peregrinos & talking walking.. :D
cheers, Tracey

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi all, I am intending to walk the Kamino in mid April in a duo or possibly solo, depending on how organisation goes. I'm new to the forum and would like to get as much information about do's and dont's and when and wheres etc. to start putting my schedule together. I am currently in the process of learning as much spanish as I can. Mostly I'm just trying to learn as much and prepare as much as I can before I go. So if anyone would like to get together and share information or anyone has any really good suggestions other than this website please let me know.

So, after a little contemplation & discussion, how does a WA Camino get together sound along the lines of a gathering in King's Park?..central, no booking required, cheap, no limits to numbers & , as Terry pointed out, no competing noise from a bar or restuarant!!....let me know your thoughts...sats or suns?, morning or arvo, picnic or other?...just byo chair or cushions!!!

Sounds ok by me Tracey. Probably better on a morning due to the heat. Anyone who wanted could do some training first and we could get a takeaway coffee if near one of the cafes. When were you thinking? Is weekend before Australia Day an option?
Look forward to meeting you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Heather and I have decided to meet at Kings Park on Sunday 20th January at 9am. We will meet in the area outside the cafe next to the info centre. There are chairs with overhead umbrellas, or we could even move to the Botanical Cafe which is that area, if that is more comfortable. We trust the weather will be okay that day. This area is near Frasers.

This time allows one to do exercise before the meeting---or afterwards if you don't mind the heat. I always go to Kings Park early on Sundays for exercise.

Sandra

Hi Heather / Sandra – I don’t know that area very well, is there anywhere to park the car there? I will have my two little foster kids with me, so can’t walk to far… unless I get a double pram I guess!
Thanks Allie

Hi Busybee,

Parking is not a problem. There is lots of parking behind Frasers. It is the main gathering area of Kings Park-----very near the War Memorial.

Sandra

Hi Allie,

I just read your post again. You won't need a pram ----unless they are little toddlers.Check it out in your UBD-----the parking area is just behind, and to the side of Frasers and the info centre.

Sandra

bimblingalong said:
So, after a little contemplation & discussion, how does a WA Camino get together sound along the lines of a gathering in King's Park?..central, no booking required, cheap, no limits to numbers & , as Terry pointed out, no competing noise from a bar or restuarant!!....let me know your thoughts...sats or suns?, morning or arvo, picnic or other?...just byo chair or cushions!!!
Camino12 said:
Heather and I have decided to meet at Kings Park on Sunday 20th January at 9am. We will meet in the area outside the cafe next to the info centre. There are chairs with overhead umbrellas, or we could even move to the Botanical Cafe which is that area, if that is more comfortable. We trust the weather will be okay that day. This area is near Frasers.

This time allows one to do exercise before the meeting---or afterwards if you don't mind the heat. I always go to Kings Park early on Sundays for exercise.

Sandra
I would like to come to this meeting also.......will try to get to King's Park early and do a bit of a walk first. Cheers Susanawee

Busybee said:
Hi Heather / Sandra – I don’t know that area very well, is there anywhere to park the car there? I will have my two little foster kids with me, so can’t walk to far… unless I get a double pram I guess!
Thanks Allie

I used to take my three there all the time. There are public free carparks. I did that for years. Just two..easy ;)

-------------------------------
Count us two in on that one.
We dont feel the need to walk that morning, we have plenty of other times for that. We would rather relax and have coffee :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yay, finally i will get to meet you all & talk Camino!!......will spread the word to the interested parties NOR...thanks for the change of venue, hope it works for everyone?
cheers, Tracey

Hi all, I'm new to this group. Planning to walk the Camino Portuguese in April this year. Ok if I come along to the Sunday meeting in Kings Park? Vasco

Morning everyone ... I would love to have a chat with, glean some information from, and share stories with fellow Caminoists. Ok if I too gate crash at Kings Pk this Sunday? I plan to head off again in May with an old school friend.
Debbie

Hello all from Hot and Humid Perth.......I too plan to be at the King's Park meeting on Sunday morning.......will be great to meet up with a few experienced caminoists and some others, like myself, just starting out on their journeys.
Susanawee in Cottesloe.

Natasha and Terry will be there.
We will have a camino arrow on to make the meeting strangers easier.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Terry, that's a great idea to wear an arrow!!....was gonna bring my shell, but thought that might be a bit "showy"...sure we'll recognise a few faces from photos, looking forward to it.. :D

Hi looking forward to the meeting all on Sunday and gathering info and listening to past experiences on the Camino .. jack ..

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you for the info morning it was great to meet so many positive people ... I picked up a great deal of valuable information .. fantastic ... jack ..

Just wanted to thank Heather and Sandra and anyone else who helped organise this mornings meeting. It was great to meet some people and especially Sandra who I was fortunate enough to hear her stories and advice from past Caminos. Also good to meet a couple people who will be doing. The camino I'm the near future, Jack , Caz and Randal. Also thank you Tracy for your hints and tips it will make a difference. All in all was a great morning, looking forward to the next one if its before I leave in April otherwise ill be able to tell a few stories myself.

Sadly, a no show on shift. Didn't finish til after ten,
Sounds like I missed a good one.
I start early April :)

jacksport said:
Thank you for the info morning it was great to meet so many positive people ... I picked up a great deal of valuable information .. fantastic ... jack ..

...If you have any more q's on the Frances, just ask away.. :D

VascoH said:
Just wanted to thank Heather and Sandra and anyone else who helped organise this mornings meeting. It was great to meet some people and especially Sandra who I was fortunate enough to hear her stories and advice from past Caminos. Also good to meet a couple people who will be doing. The camino I'm the near future, Jack , Caz and Randal. Also thank you Tracy for your hints and tips it will make a difference. All in all was a great morning, looking forward to the next one if its before I leave in April otherwise ill be able to tell a few stories myself.

It was great to meet everyone & exchange stories & hear of upcoming plans, thanks again to Heather & Sandra for the central venue, look forward to the next time & talking to those i missed!!...ps I am still dreaming of grilled sardines on the beach thanks to Vasco!! :D

Really enjoyed meeting everyone and it was great putting a face to the forum members. I think we have found the ideal venue at last.
Perhaps another early in March would be good.Will let you know.
Heather

Hi all, due to change of travel plans looks like I am
free for house-sitting ( short or long term), from end April til end
of June
anyone living in central Perth or SOR & heading away & needs a reliable, trustworthy, non-smoking, quiet-living, cat loving sitter ( police clearance & plenty references!!)...just pm me & let me know...more than happy to help :D

€83,-
Hi West Aussies,

We will be having our next get-together on Sunday , March 3rd at 9am in Kings Park. We will meet where we met let time, so hopefully we will be at the front of the Botanical Cafe. Anyone who wants to do their exercise before we meet, will be able to do so.

For those who may not be familiar with the area, there is lots of parking available.

Buen Camino,

Sandra and Heather.

To any West Australians, I have a couple of large size Columbia PFG shirts free to anyone planning to walk the Camino. These are vented hiking shirts. I bought them from Mountain Designs didn't check fit and removed tags and thru away receipts before trying them on. They are way too big for me so I have no use for them. They are new and never worn. I happy to give them to someone who is yet to travel. Catch is you need to collect from me, I'm in Bicton. Message me if interested.
Vasco

P.S Looking forward to catch up in March.

€83,-
bimblingalong said:
jacksport said:

Thxs for that I have booked my flight to Paris ( 10 Apr ) I plan to spend a couple of night there before taking the train from Gare Montparnasse to get to St Jean .. I have been looking at a few cheap hotels near Gare Monparnasse and the Left Bank to keep central and walking distance to most of the Paris highlights. Any suggestions? I have thought about backpackers , but I want to rest up before launching into it .. jacksport ..

In Paris,
A 3 star hotel is often cheaper than a backpacker hostel

Hello All
I am looking for a female to share accommodation walking from St Jean to Burgos starting(depending on availability) May 8-13. I have to be in London around May 28. I shall be also using the luggage transfer. I am in my active sixties - do it while you can!!

Elizabeth

Paris? places to stay website

Useful worldwide site : ranges from top notch to hostels, includes - BnB's . The user reviews are informative . Filter to your specific likes and price range .

http://www.hostelworld.com

Re: Paris? places to stay website

aussieredhat said:
Useful worldwide site : ranges from top notch to hostels, includes - BnB's . The user reviews are informative . Filter to your specific likes and price range .

http://www.hostelworld.com

I'd recommend this site too, I've used it for travel all over the world and it has never failed me.

jacksport said:
bimblingalong said:
jacksport said:

Thxs for that I have booked my flight to Paris ( 10 Apr ) I plan to spend a couple of night there before taking the train from Gare Montparnasse to get to St Jean .. I have been looking at a few cheap hotels near Gare Monparnasse and the Left Bank to keep central and walking distance to most of the Paris highlights. Any suggestions? I have thought about backpackers , but I want to rest up before launching into it .. jacksport ..

Hi there, will look up where i stayed in Paris...a short bus ride from Montparnasse ( or a lovely early morning stroll!!)...recommended, cheap & clean & quiet...glad to hear plans are going well...get back to ya soon, Tracey.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Re: West Aust. Camino group meeting Kings Park 3 March 2013

the thread was:

Hi West Aussies,

We will be having our next get-together on Sunday , March 3rd 2013 at 9am in Kings Park. We will meet where we met let time, so hopefully we will be at the front of the Botanical Cafe. Anyone who wants to do their exercise before we meet, will be able to do so.

For those who may not be familiar with the area, there is lots of parking available.

Buen Camino,

Sandra and Heather.

Re: West Aust. Camino group meeting Kings Park 3 March 2013

aussieredhat said:
the thread was:

Hi West Aussies,

We will be having our next get-together on Sunday , March 3rd 2013 at 9am in Kings Park. We will meet where we met let time, so hopefully we will be at the front of the Botanical Cafe. Anyone who wants to do their exercise before we meet, will be able to do so.

Buen Camino,

Sandra and Heather.

will be there, lookin forward to a good chat...
cheers
tracey

Hi Sandra and Heather,
Oh no.....I will be away this coming weekend.....would have loved to have come to another meeting at this excellent venue in Kings Park......Hello all you fellow West Aussie Camino Members......enjoy your get together.....Hopefully,there will be another meeting before I leave on 12th May.
Buen Camino all....Susanawee.

Camino12 said:
Hi West Aussies,

We will be having our next get-together on Sunday , March 3rd at 9am in Kings Park. We will meet where we met let time, so hopefully we will be at the front of the Botanical Cafe. Anyone who wants to do their exercise before we meet, will be able to do so.

Buen Camino,

Sandra and Heather.

I'm hoping to be there, may be a little late as i'll be on the bike :D

Hi Sandra / Heather
I hope to be there I am setting off from SJPdP 16th April so would be interested in any info I can gather.

Cheers, Buen Camino.

Hedley

Hi. I'm new to this. My daughter and I are planning on walking the camino in September this year, so I am interested in hearing other people's experiences. Will definitely try to make it to the meeting on 3 march. Jill

Greetings from South Africa.- Hallo Western Australia - We were 4 from South Africa who walked the Camino in Sept 2012 from St JDP to Burgos and met 2 ladies from Australia - Kate and Heather - Heather has walked the Camino 4 times already.I would love to get in contact with them.If annybody know them,please ask them to send me an email at:kogga@webmail.co.za - Thanks and enjou your getting togethers - Johann Pretorius

We are looking forward to the meeting this Sunday. We had to work the last one. We have taken our names off the emergency call out list so we don't miss out again. :)
See you all there

So sorry but don't think I can make it tomorrow. Leaving for Spain on 6th May but not 100percent sure where I will start at this stage. Pamplona is top of the pops at the moment. Have a lovely morning and hope I can join you on next meet. Debbie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Debbie,

Sorry you couldn't come this morning. We had about 20 again. At this stage Heather and I think we will meet again on April 7th. Heather travels to Spain on May 1st. Hopefully you can come on the 7th.

Buen camino,

Sandra

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back