• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Western Australia Camino group meeting

Looking forward to catching up with all another time. Soon it will be good walking weather again :wink: Have sent a PM Sandra.
Debbie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Was so nice to meet everyone today and to get tips on things.
Such a friendly group.
Thank you to those involved in setting this up. The name labels broke the ice.
Regards
Terry

Hi Sandra / Heather,

Thanks for the meeting. I met with some interesting folk and hope to meet up with at least 2 of them on my walk. I Finally got my 1000 mile socks, the last piece of kit for my walk. I'm now good to go, can't come soon enough, 19 days till I leave & in 21 days I'll be walking :)

I will try and catch up at one of your meetings on my return to give a debrief.

Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It was good to meet you Hedley and also Terry. Hope the socks work.
Sandra and I are meeting on 7th April at Kings Park at 9am and if anyone wants to join us for a last chat before we all go off to Spain they are welcome.
If not Buen Camino to you both and look forward to all the news in June/July
Heather

Hi heather,
I would love to have gone, but I will be on a plane on my way there. I leave at 6am on the 7th :)

I have backed the training off a little as I don't want to get the pre walk burn out a lot of people talk about.
I have everything ready to go now.

Hi Terry,

Have a safe flight over and a wonderful Camino. You will have to come to a meeting on your return, and share your wonderful experiences.

Buen camino,

Sandra

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Terry,

Have a safe flight over and a wonderful Camino. You will have to come to a meeting on your return, and share your wonderful experiences.

Buen camino,

Sandra

Hi Heather,

We would love to join you at Kings Park to hear & learn about your experiences. Not actually walking until 2016 (waiting for youngest child to finish high school) but feel the sooner we start planning the better. Our husbands doubt that we will do it, so we are more determined than ever, so any tips we can pick up will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rhonda & Monique :)

Looks like we are in for a wet walk. I would rather have snow than mud.
We have our boots worn in, we are looking for boot covers that will keep the boots dry. I should have trained in wellies

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Look forward to meeting you on Sunday Rhonda and Monique you can't start your planning too early.

Terry I expect you have gaiters by now. I bought small ones with velcro fastenings that just cover my ankles and stop the rain running into my Keens from MDS(I think that is the initials)...I find them useful.
Buen Camino
Heather

wanted to wish Terry, Natasha & Hedley a Buen Camino, hope you have a wonderful time & look forward to catching up on your return :D
will aim to be there tom morn 4 more Camino chat...regards, Tracey

Hi everyone, i'm planning to do my second camino (portuguese route) in sep/oct 2013 - did my first one (french route) in may/jun 2010 - loved it! i'm interested in attending the next meet up in kings park... please let me know the dates, meeting place, etc, would love to connect with others who walked/plan to walk the camino and share tips and stories :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Valdaps
We had another great meeting today at kings Park. Sorry you didn't hear about it.
many of us have just left for Spain or are due to go in April/ May(myself included!!) Next meeting won't be until 21st July. You can pm me if you need to but as I'm sure you know this is an amazing forum and you can spend many a happy hour searching through it.
Hope you can make it in July.
Heather (Camino addict)

I came to the March meeting and someone had a copy of a booklet on the Camino Frances(I think) which they had bought from the Chart & Map shop in Freo. It was a lot lighter than the Brearley classic and foolishly I didn't write down the correct title and author. The shop don't seem to have any at the moment. Is anyone able to help these details? I start May 5 from SJPP and am hoping the weather improves a little.

Thanks
elizabeth

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Elizabeth
I think you mean the Michelin guide. I went to the map shop and bought one for my son I liked it so much . Personally I love the Brierley guide. Hopefully she can order one in or you could try online.
Cheers
Heather

I am interested in coming to the July meeting. Walking le Puy in August ( Frances in 2010) . Where? When?

anyone from WA walking the camino portugues this year? or anyone who has already walked to give me some hints? i plan to walk from lisbon to santiago in sep/oct this year... have walked the camino frances also alone in 2010 and felt safe, wondering if the camino portugues is as safe for women walking alone... I plan to attend the july meeting and would love to meet and hear other walkers' experiences :) val

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hey all.
So glad we have taken warm clothes and sleeping bags. The wear one wash one crowd are going home till summer. No blankets in many places or some grab blankets and none for others. We took it easy for the first week and didn't push it. So many burn out with injurys and go home. Have treated quite a few myself. Not a single blister for me or Natasha.... Thanks to advice from the meetings we had in this WA forum. Dual socks worked great. You should see the size of some people's blisters.
Regards to all

Hi Terry
Good to hear you and Natasha are going well. I leave in two days and have packed some warmer things and of course my sleeping bag. My Canadian friend is in Montamarta today and it was minus 3 degs this am. Hope there is no snow at Somport .. see you in July.
Buen Camino
Heather

Thanks for the update Terry. Ill be leaving in a week and think perhaps I'd better fine tune the gear. Buen Camino Heather.
Debbie

Hi Terry,

Great to hear your news. The weather must be bad if many have gone home. For my two caminos I left in September-----maybe the heat is better to start in-------even if it nearly killed me on the Mozarabe !! On the later stages of the VDLP and the Sanabres I never had a problem finding blankets. Of course, that could be because there were few pilgrims on the trail.

Keep on walking----I look forward to hearing about it in July.

Buen Camino,
Sandra

Hi Heather,
Just wanted to wish you the very best of luck, safe travels and a wonderful journey.
Also wish the same for you Debbie - I notice that you are leaving in a week.
I am leaving on the 12th - all packed and as ready as I am going to be now.
Lovely to have an update from Terry.......keep safe and happy walking to you both Terry.
Buen Camino/Ultreya,
Susanawee

Thanks all for your good wishes and the same to you Susan,Debbie,and all our friends walking this month.
Just noticed your request Seymoursmum: we hold the meeting at the Main cafe in Kings Park at 9am .
I think the next one is 21st July but that will be confirmed nearer the time.
Oooh! Just Checked in online ,tomorrow evening I'm outa here!!!
Heather

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Left St Jean 15 apr lucky pass was open plenty of snow going over the top wonderful trek now in Leon taking a rest it's been an interesting journey .. jack sport

Hi Jacksport,

Glad you got over the Pyrenees. By now you will have moved on from Leon. Hope everything is going well. You can share your travels with us in July.
Heather is somewhere in Spain-----she started in Somport.

Take care,
Sandra

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Haven't needed ear plugs yet, I wish I had nose plugs.... Some people really really stink!! Wear one wash one doesn't work when it's raining lol. So glad I had extra clothes. Omg, I had to move tables so I can eat. No self respect for some people. Just blew an ACL in Saria.... Will be a slow walk. I drained one yesterday. Should be okay. With all the extra adventures, we should crack the 1000k mark in 108kms

Hi,
I have arrived back in sunny WA after completing my Camino in April. Walked through snow, hail, rain and mud, mud mud? Best spiritual and life journey ever undertaken. Is there a meeting in the near future!

Regards Gary

Hi Gary,

Welcome home . I'm so glad it was a wonderful journey for you. Heather is still in Spain----she won't be back until mid June. The next meeting will be in July----we will post the date when Heather returns. I expect we will have a number of West Aussies sharing their experiences.

I look forward to hearing all your news, Gary.

Cheers,
Sandra

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
BACK IN PERTH finished Camino SJPD to Santiago carried pack/walked all the way, no taxis,bus or train. Great experience and great people ..

Welcome back Jack, glad all went well for you and that you had a great time and arrived back safe and sound. I arrived back on the 15 May after my Camino and found it to be absolutely brilliant. My mind keeps going back there on a daily basis. Hope to see you at the next meeting.
Kind regards Vasco

max44 said:
Haven't needed ear plugs yet, I wish I had nose plugs.... Some people really really stink!! Wear one wash one doesn't work when it's raining lol. So glad I had extra clothes. Omg, I had to move tables so I can eat. No self respect for some people. Just blew an ACL in Saria.... Will be a slow walk. I drained one yesterday. Should be okay. With all the extra adventures, we should crack the 1000k mark in 108kms
Hi Terry,
Called you the other day thinking you would be back. Glad you are well on your way. I was thinking of you whilst on my Camino wondering how you were getting on. I struggled for the first view days with my pack and I know yours was much heavier than mine. Looking forward to catching up with you on your return.

Kind regards
Vasco

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Vasco,
I will catch up with you when I get back. Yeah, my pack was heavy, about 12 but no probs. I am glad I had gear for all seasons with. Portuguese rout will be my next. The shirts fit much better now :)
See you soon

Hi All
How about catching up at Fraser's Cafe in Kings Park at 9am on Sunday 21st July ?
Look forward to hearing about your Caminos and meeting anyone interested in learning more about the various trails in Spain.
Cheers
Heather

camino07 said:
Hi All
How about catching up at Fraser's Cafe in Kings Park at 9am on Sunday 21st July ?
Look forward to hearing about your Caminos and meeting anyone interested in learning more about the various trails in Spain.
Cheers
Heather
Hi there, hope all went well with your trip?....look forward to a good catch up with all returning pelegrinos, as my plan has been delayed until next April...see you there :)

€83,-
Hi, I look forward to meeting you all at the Kings Park meeting on July 21st and hearing about your past caminos and any future plans. I'm walking my second camino from Lisbon to Santiago in less than two months - leave Perth on August 26th. I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who might have walked the camino Portugues or might have tips or advice to give. I'm walking alone, so any company on the camino would be great too :) Val

Hi, I will be at the meeting on July 21st. I am now planning to walk the Via de la Plata all the way around April, May, next year. Amy one else interested around this time or a little later.

Cheers
Gary
PS Everyday i keep going over my Camino Frances walk and marvel at the experiences I had. It's in the blood now.

Hi all,
I'm very interested in coming along to the meeting at Kings Park next Sunday 21st July.
I just wanted to confirm that it's actually happening. I'm walking from SJPDP to Santiago in April/May 2014 and would love to speak with others directly. I read this forum nearly every day but am often a bit nervous to say much until I've actually experienced the Camino for myself....all my questions are asked and answered for regularly, which I thrive on.
thanks heaps
Alex

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes Alex the meeting is still on next Sunday. It is very informal we all just drink coffee and chat to each other about our upcoming or past Caminos. Share photos or guide books etc.
Look forward to meeting you.
Heather

I am looking forward to catching up with you all tomorrow at Kings Park 09:00. Sincerely hope it's not too cold, but then a hot coffee will fix that.
Cheers

Unfortunately I waas not able to make the meeting today in King's Park due to other commitments.
I will definitely be there at the next one and look forward to catching up with everyone.
I completed my Camino - Pamploma to Santiago - on 28th June and What an experience it was. I am now actively planning my next Camino and hoping to start around mid April next year. I am thinking of the Camino Portuguese (along the coast) this time, so, if anyone has any hints or insights to share, please email me.
Buen Camino and blessings....Susanawee.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the catchup today at Kings Park. I love hearing all your stories & picking up the tips you all share.
Rhonda

Is there a WA camino meeting in Kings Park on Saturday August 31st?

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Sorry Alan
We haven't planned a meeting until 20th October.

Heather

Hi Heather

Thanks for your reply. I will be in Perth visiting my son at the end of August, hence the question. On Sunday 20th Oct. I will be walking into Santiago after working as a hospitalero at the albergue at Miraz on the del Norte.

Next Perth meeting will be at Cafe next to Frasers Restaurant(can never remember its name) in Kings Park from 9am on Sunday 20th October.
Look forward to hearing everyone's Camino stories.
Heather

Next Perth meeting will be at Cafe next to Frasers Restaurant(can never remember its name) in Kings Park from 9am on Sunday 20th October.
Look forward to hearing everyone's Camino stories.
Heather
Great news, will be back in town by then & look forward to catching up with all who made it over this year....:)
C u there
Tracey p

Looking forward to catching up with everyone. Missed the last meeting was the first since I got back and missed it was so disappointed.
Vasco

Just a reminder about the Perth meeting this coming Sunday from 9am at cafe next to Frasers in King's Park.
Weather should be good.
Heather

A few of us who have walked in Spain have decided to " test the waters" for a local group for those who have walked in Spain , or those who are contemplating such a journey. Our first gathering will be on Sunday 23rd of October at The Merchant , 17 South Terrace, Fremantle at 2.30pm. We look forward to hearing all your stories.
Sandra.
Something seems to be going awry with posts to the Forum - I have seen this particular message quite a few times now and find it quite disconcerting, firstly as it is already a year or so out of date and secondly, it is conveying the out of date times and location of the West. Australian Camino meeting. There is in fact, a meeting of this group, this coming Sunday - 20th October near the Restaurants in Kings Park......meeting starts around 9am and usually goes on for a couple of hours.
I hope that I am not treading on any one's toes here, just wanted to try to get things on the right track. Smiles and looking forward to catching up with everyone on Sunday.

I have seen this particular message quite a few times now and find it quite disconcerting,
It may be your computer or your browser. I did a search, and could only find the one original message back in 2011. It is permanently archived, so will always be there. Updates for meetings since that time are also a permanent part of the thread, so don't be too disconcerted!:)

The meeting on Saturday is in the Events calendar, so you can find it, see details, and RSVP there.

Hi Susanawee - catch up with you Sunday morning at the meeting. The rain period should have passed through by then.

€46,-
Hi Susanawee - catch up with you Sunday morning at the meeting. The rain period should have passed through by then.
Look forward to seeing you Gary - I do hope that this rain will be well and truly gone.

It may be your computer or your browser. I did a search, and could only find the one original message back in 2011. It is permanently archived, so will always be there. Updates for meetings since that time are also a permanent part of the thread, so don't be too disconcerted!:)

The meeting on Saturday is in the Events calendar, so you can find it, see details, and RSVP there.
Hi Falcon, Firstly, please let me say that I apologise if I have trodden on anyone's toes with my post 'Something seems to be going awry etc, that certainly was not my intention. The reason I wrote the post was because I get the daily email with headings about what various folk have posted, questions asked etc. and in my daily email received on Friday, there was a heading about the coming West Aust. meeting, and, when I clicked on it and was re-directed to the expanded message and then to the forum, the old, original message about a meeting to be held in Fremantle, was the one which showed up, hence my reason for posting. My apologies

Wow what a great turn out today. It was good to catch up with those of you who had walked and of course to those who were planning for next year. Thanks for sharing everyone. Our next meeting is on 8th December at the cafe next to Frazer's restaurant in Kings Park. Looking forward to meeting up with you again.

Excellent,stimulating meeting today. More and more interest in Perth. Lovely meeting you all again.
Until 8th Dec...
Hasta luego!

Excellent,stimulating meeting today. More and more interest in Perth. Lovely meeting you all again.
Until 8th Dec...
Hasta luego!
I agree.... excellent meeting today. It was nice to catch up with familiar faces and also to meet new ones. Looking forward to next meeting in December.

Great news, will be back in town by then & look forward to catching up with all who made it over this year....:)
C u there\
Tracey p
Hi Tracey....good to catch up with you at the meeting today. Best of luck with your next walk, but, hope to catch up with you before you depart. Perhaps a coffee one day? susanawee

Next Kings Park meeting is on Sun 8th Dec from 9am cafe next to Fraser's. I posted on the new calendar.
Look forward to catching up with you all again and anyone interested feel free to join us.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just a reminder about the West Australian meeting on Sun 8th Dec,usual place; cafe next to Fraser's ,Kings Park from 9am
Hope to see you there.
Hoping to be there Heather if the trains are running that weekend....

Hoping to be there Heather if the trains are running that weekend....
Let me know if you get stuck, I will come & get u....;-))

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A few of us who have walked in Spain have decided to " test the waters" for a local group for those who have walked in Spain , or those who are contemplating such a journey. Our first gathering will be on Sunday 23rd of October at The Merchant , 17 South Terrace, Fremantle at 2.30pm. We look forward to hearing all your stories.
Sandra.

I'll be in Perth Jan 19th to Feb 7th and would love to join you if you'll be meeting up during this time. We had our Sydney monthly meeting yesterday and I always enjoy the sharing. Angela

I'll be in Perth Jan 19th to Feb 7th and would love to join you if you'll be meeting up during this time. We had our Sydney monthly meeting yesterday and I always enjoy the sharing. Angela

Hi Guys,
Any plans for catching up in January or February at Kings Park??

Hi Angela and Cejanus,
Our next meeting is on Sun 23rd Feb at Kings Park. Sorry Angela I will be in Bali until end of Jan. I'm sure some friendly West Aussies could meet up for coffee and chat with you while you are here.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Angela and Cejanus,
Our next meeting is on Sun 23rd Feb at Kings Park. Sorry Angela I will be in Bali until end of Jan. I'm sure some friendly West Aussies could meet up for coffee and chat with you while you are here.
Thanks, I'd love to meet up with anyone interested. I'm planning to walk the Arles route in May but open to other suggestions. I'm in Perth from 19th to 25th January and 31-7Feb if anyone would like to meet. Angela

Thanks, I'd love to meet up with anyone interested. I'm planning to walk the Arles route in May but open to other suggestions. I'm in Perth from 19th to 25th January and 31-7Feb if anyone would like to meet. Angela
Hi Angela,
My wife Lyn and I are walking the Camino Portuguese in April/ May 2014. Would like to catch up with you when you are in Perth. Where a bouts are you staying when in town?
Vasco

Hi Angela,
My wife Lyn and I are walking the Camino Portuguese in April/ May 2014. Would like to catch up with you when you are in Perth. Where a bouts are you staying when in town?
Vasco

Hi Vasco,
I walked from Oporto to Santiago in July last year, it was wonderful to get away from the crowded Frances.
I'm staying in Fremantle and my telephone no. Is 0414684447 email angela.finnigan@hotmail.com
I'm also considering walking from Lisbon to Oporto in May this year. Will be good to talk.
Perhaps you can call me and we can meet up from 20-25 when I go bush, or send your telephone no.
Regards,
Angela

€46,-
Hi Vasco,
I walked from Oporto to Santiago in July last year, it was wonderful to get away from the crowded Frances.
I'm staying in Fremantle and my telephone no. Is 0414684447 email angela.finnigan@hotmail.com
I'm also considering walking from Lisbon to Oporto in May this year. Will be good to talk.
Perhaps you can call me and we can meet up from 20-25 when I go bush, or send your telephone no.
Regards,
Angela
Hi Angela, that will be great we live just up the road from Fremantle. Should be easy to catch up. My number is 0417 947 324

Like to remind all West Aussies about our next get together at Botanicals Cafe(found out the name at last),King's Park from 9am Feb 23rd. Look forward to catching up with all the news.
Cheers
Heather

Looking forward to catching up with everyone on the 23rd Feb.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'll put in my diary!

Also, out of interest, has anyone walked the Coast to Coast in England? i'm looking for recommendations on places to stay along route :)

I'll put in my diary!

Also, out of interest, has anyone walked the Coast to Coast in England? i'm looking for recommendations on places to stay along route :)

I shall watch this spot with great interest, Frances. I am walking the Coast-to-Coast with an Irish friend next year, and about all I know at the moment is that I will start at St.Bees, and finish at Robin Hood Bay. Oh, and that there are 43 different beers available to taste on the way. Might be a slow trip!

Alan

Pilgrim Talk - speaker wanted.

is anyone keen , willing or able to do a talk at the Kalamunda Community Learning Centre in 2014.
They are looking for a speaker on CAMINO FRANCES . The centre has digital projector.

And if speaking on your own is intimidating why not buddy up with a Camino friend & do a talk together.
With photos & map these tell the journey for you . Plus add boots, backpack and a few odds bits of gear & you have show and tell.

Person to contact is :

Katherine Ardizzone 9359 2299

kclc@iinet.net.au

http://kalamundalearningcentre.org.au/

Attachments

• PB220178.JPG
    PB220178.JPG
    699.6 KB · Views: 5
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi all.
I am new to Perth and wondering when the next meeting at Kings Park?
Zee....the next meeting is on 27th April and is up in King's Park at Botanical's cafe....next to Frasers.....smiles.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Pilgrim Talk - speaker wanted.

is anyone keen , willing or able to do a talk at the Kalamunda Community Learning Centre in 2014.
They are looking for a speaker on CAMINO FRANCES . The centre has digital projector.

And if speaking on your own is intimidating why not buddy up with a Camino friend & do a talk together.
With photos & map these tell the journey for you . Plus add boots, backpack and a few odds bits of gear & you have show and tell.

Person to contact is :

Katherine Ardizzone 9359 2299

kclc@iinet.net.au

http://kalamundalearningcentre.org.au/
Hi Katherine....have you had any responses to your enquiry for someone to do a talk at Kalaumda???

Sandra.
Hello Sandra, I am only new to this forum. It will be some time before I walk the Camino but if there is a club near by to join it will be good preparation and I might be a good support to others who have walked and are till then. Sincerely Wayfarer68

Hi Wayfarer68. Susan Morris from Western Australian Pilgrims on The Camino Facebook Group....also Australian Pilgrims on the Camino de Santiago de Compostella. Yes, WE DO have a group ere in Western Australia who meet regularly on the last Sunday of each month at Botanicals Cafe in Kings Park from 9am onwards. We also get together at other times for walks if enough are interested. You are very welcome to contact me via either this forum or either of the facebook groups or else by email...susanawee@gmail.com I will be very happy to have a chat at any time. Cheers..susanawe

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back