A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Live - Camino Portugues WeWalkNow - The Portugues Way

Sven Kaven

photographer and mindfulness teacher
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014, 2015, 2019, 01/2020)
Mozarabe (2015, 2016, 2017, 2019)
Plata (2017)
Portugal (2020)
🥰 Hey lovely people, I have searched the forum a bit to find the right place to where to put my blog for you to read. I am already in Lisbon on my way to Porto to walk to the Portuguese way. Tomorrow I am moving a bit further north to see a friend for a few days and then make my way to Porto. I hope the borders to Spain open up a bit earlier so that I can continue my walk without much staying put in one place. Well, even should it happen then this will become the way.

Enjoy my blog: www.wewalknow.com

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Hi Sven, I have saved your blog in my bookmarks and will be curious to follow along on your camino. It looks like it has a very nice layout.
All the best to you being one of the first to venture out on a camino since some restrictions have now been lifted....stay safe, stay healthy!

jungleboy

Nick
Camino(s) past & future
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
I hope the borders to Spain open up a bit earlier so that I can continue my walk without much staying put in one place.
I'd say this is extremely unlikely, just FYI. The date for reopening the border had been pencilled in as July 1. Then a couple of weeks ago Spain announced that the border with Portugal would open on June 22nd and Portugal said no and Spain had to backtrack. Then just a few days ago Spain moved up the rest of its opening up to visitors from Schengen countries from July 1 to June 22 with the exception of the Portuguese border, which would stay at July 1. Basically, Portugal has insisted on no earlier than July 1 from the start and with nearly 800 new COVID-19 cases in Portugal in the last 48 hours, I highly doubt they will reverse course at this stage.

In any case, bom caminho!

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
🥰 Hey lovely people, I have searched the forum a bit to find the right place to where to put my blog for you to read. I am already in Lisbon on my way to Porto to walk to the Portuguese way. Tomorrow I am moving a bit further north to see a friend for a few days and then make my way to Porto. I hope the borders to Spain open up a bit earlier so that I can continue my walk without much staying put in one place. Well, even should it happen then this will become the way.

Bom Caminho Sven! I’m hoping to walk from Cape Vicentina to Lisbon then on to SDC next February if possible. I’ll follow!

lindam

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, VDLP, Invierno, Portuguese, Madrid, Ingles, Fisterra, Muxia, Catalan/Aragones/Loyola Norte
We will be following you with interest to see the staus of walking a Camino post Covid. Thank you!

Sven Kaven

photographer and mindfulness teacher
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014, 2015, 2019, 01/2020)
Mozarabe (2015, 2016, 2017, 2019)
Plata (2017)
Portugal (2020)
I'd say this is extremely unlikely, just FYI. The date for reopening the border had been pencilled in as July 1. Then a couple of weeks ago Spain announced that the border with Portugal would open on June 22nd and Portugal said no and Spain had to backtrack. Then just a few days ago Spain moved up the rest of its opening up to visitors from Schengen countries from July 1 to June 22 with the exception of the Portuguese border, which would stay at July 1. Basically, Portugal has insisted on no earlier than July 1 from the start and with nearly 800 new COVID-19 cases in Portugal in the last 48 hours, I highly doubt they will reverse course at this stage.

In any case, bom caminho!
Let's see what story the way will tell. ;) bom caminho.

Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Hola Sven Bien Camino. Unfortunately we Aussies are still excluded from most of Western Europe, despite restrictions slowly easing. However we here down under are still not allowed to leave the country unless its a family (medical) emergency. Cheers

peregrina2000

Staff member

The train may have already left the station, but walking from Lisbon would have added about two weeks to your walk, giving more time for the border to open. Or you could start in Santarém, or Tomar, or Coimbra..... lots and lots of possibilities. Bom caminho.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock